Gdańsk Medical University
Table of Content
About Gdansk City
Here is the detailed information about the Gdańsk city:
- Gdańsk is situated on the Baltic coast of Poland.
- Gdańsk city is also a centre for amber trade.
- Boutiques throughout the city sell the ossified resin.
- The people speak the English language after their native tongue in Poland.
- Weather is 8 °C, Wind N at 8 km/h, 95% Humidity.
The population of Gdańsk is near about 5.82 lakhs (2019)
About Gdańsk Medical University
Gdańsk Medical University was founded on October 8, 1945. The university has an old tradition for practicing medicine, teaching in medical and natural science monitored by eminent experts of respective subjects.
As per Perspektywy ranking, it is the best medical school in a country & ranked among top 10 Polish state universities.
The Gdańsk Medical University educates 6000 students out of them some of Ph.D. students, postgraduate students and undergraduate students. The university is a part of International Research Agenda program provided by foundation of Polish science.
University has a Medical Simulation Center, modern sports center and student’s club association to organize the activities like student exchange programs, press, conferences, etc.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The Medical University of Gdańsk is a top medical institute providing recognized MBBS degree to the worldwide students as it has official recognition of medical organisations:
- National Medical Commission (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- Medical Board of California (MBC).
- Medical Council of Thailand (TMC).
- Ministry of Health and Medical Education of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA).
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research.
- World Federation for Medical Education and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (WFME).
Gdańsk Medical University – Quick Overview
Check out the important details of Gdańsk Medical University for doing MBBS course:
|Intake for MBBS Course||March|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Yes, It’s required|
|Tuition Fee||11605.38 USD / Per Year|
|MBBS Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English language|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 57, World Rank – 3927|
|University Ranking||NMC, WHO, TMC, NCFMEA, WFME and ARWU|
Gdańsk Medical University – Fee Structure 2021
Gdańsk Medical University offers affordable fee price to the worldwide medical aspirants for MBBS course:
|Fee in PLN||44,000|
|Fee in USD||$ 11,605.38|
|Fee in Rs||Rs.8,12,376|
|Hostel Fee in Rs||Rs.1,19,000|
|Total Fees in Rs||9,31,376|
- 1$ = Rs.70
Scholarship offered at Gdańsk Medical University
- Social Scholarship
- Rector’s Scholarship
- Special Scholarship for disabled
- Minister’s Scholarship
- Scholarship based on Grants
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Gdańsk Medical University
6 years of MBBS duration offered by Gdańsk Medical University to all the candidates looking for MBBS education:
- The medical aspirants from different parts of the world need to complete the 6-year Doctor of Medicine programme (M.D.) in English division at the Medical University of Gdańsk.
- During MBBS course the students are trained by qualified and experienced faculty members providing a high quality of medicine.
- The students acquire theoretical as well as practical knowledge during medicine course education.
- At the end of the MBBS course, students must involve 1 year of the internship where they will learn how to handle patients under the guidance of professional doctors and professors.
Gdańsk Medical University : MBBS Syllabus
Every candidate must refer to the study pattern to pursue MBBS education at Gdańsk Medical University:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Human Anatomy||Clinical Medicine|
|Health and Safety||Medical sociology|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Pediatrics||Propedeutics to Dentistry|
|Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
Medium of Teaching
Gdańsk Medical University offers medical education in the English language:
Since 2002, Gdańsk Medical University has conducted theoretical as well as practical aspects of medicine in the English Division.
The eligibility criteria should always be kept in mind to apply for the medicine course at Gdańsk Medical University:
- Candidates must hold a high school diploma or a secondary school leaving certificate or equal as GCE A-level certificates or IB and EB diplomas to get admission in MBBS course.
- The applicant’s age must be in between 17 to 25 years.
- The candidates holding polish ‘New High School Diploma must pass the matriculation exam with 80% scores in biology, chemistry, English, physics, or mathematics subjects.
- The Indian students have to qualify in NEET examination for MBBS course admission.
- The candidates under ST/SC/OBC must score 45% in all subjects.
The candidates should also have good scores in English language test at the candidates should also have good scores in English language test at –
|IELTS||TOEFL IBT||WRITTEN TWE WORK||TOEFL PBT|
|6.5 points||87 points||3.5 points||510 points|
The candidates applying for MBBS program from the countries must score minimum –
The candidates are requested to ho through the mentioned admission steps to get admission in MBBS course at Gdańsk Medical University:
Step 1: The students wishing to apply to the MBBS program must fill the application form available on the official website of Gdańsk Medical University.
Step 2: Submit copies of important documents to facilitate the recruitment process for MBBS.
Step 3: The admission team of Gdańsk Medical University will verify the important documents for the shortlisting of the students.
Step 4: Gdańsk Medical University will send an Invitation letter to the selected students.
Step 5: The candidate has to pay the 1st year MBBS tuition fee of Gdańsk Medical University.
Step 6: The applicants must apply for the visa process to get a valid passport. (foreign students)
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Students looking to pursue MBBS at Gdańsk Medical University should report with the essential documents:
- The candidates must submit a signed application form (printed from the electronic candidate database available at admission2020.mug.edu.pl
- The candidates must submit certified copies of secondary school transcripts.
- The students should submit the NEET examination scorecard and admit card during MBBS admission time.
- The candidates must carry passport size colour photographs.
- Carry COVID-19 reports during MBBS admission time.
- Candidate must submit ID proof including adhar card/ pan card/ driving license/ passport.
- Submit the birth certificate to enroll in the MBBS program.
- The students must submit a caste certificate during MBBS.
- The candidate must carry the original migration certificate to enroll in the MBBS course.
- Every candidate must carry the leaving certificate from the previous Institution.
- The students must submit a valid passport copy.
- The candidate should give their character certificate.
- Candidates should submit a medical fitness certificate.
Note: The documents must be prepared in ENGLISH and certified by school/University official / sworn translator or public notary.
Gdańsk Medical University – Ranking 2021
The students should check out the country & world ranking of Gdańsk Medical University at Unirank
Gdańsk Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
The details about FMGE performance for Gdańsk Medical University of year 2019 with passing percent is as follows:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Gdańsk Medical University||3||1||33.33%|
Facilities Provided at Gdańsk Medical University
The students coming from different parts of the world can avail the top-class facilities offered by Gdańsk Medical University at affordable costs:
Gdańsk Medical University has a spacious library facility provides huge collections, resources and services:
- 440 000 books and printed magazines
- 64 online databases
- 200 000 e-books
- 24,000 e-magazines
Gdańsk Medical University – Hostel and Accommodation Facilities
Gdańsk Medical University provides well-equipped hostel facilities for the students learning MBBS on the university campus:
- Gdańsk Medical University has an organized level of hostel premises for global students.
- The university campus consists of four dormitories for 1000 students.
- At arrival the students should go into the student’s house no. 4, where they will find the reception desk, pay hostel charges and get a hotel personal card entitling you to collect the key to the room.
- The hostel provides separate hostel rooms for males and females.
- At the hostel, the 2-3 students can stay in one room on a sharing basis in their comfort zone.
- The hostel system is highly secured for students round the clock.
- There will be 24 hours of regular water supply (hot & cold) available in the hostel rooms for students.
- The mess provided to the students with a huge dining hall in the hostel.Availability of visitors room, reading room, guest room and indoor games in the hostel system.
- Grocery shops, cafes, restaurants, sports complexes are available near the hostel area.
- The student’s must check-in from 12 am and check out up to 9 AM (next day).
- The hostel also has an automatic washing machine & a place to dry clothes or an electric dryer.
- The hostel provides a television with a wide selection of channels for the entertainment purpose of the students.
The hostel provides all required amenities for the students including –
- The hostel offers a common kitchen with a sanitary block for the students to cook their own choice of food.
- The students have access to a high-speed Internet connection for research and study purposes.
- The parking area is available for the students to park their particular vehicles if they have any during MBBS education.
- Accessibility for people with reduced mobility.
- The hostel reception is open round the clock for any queries or help.
- Early check-in/Late check-out & Online check-in services are provided at the hostel system.
Cost of Living at Gdansk City
Gdańsk city is located in Poland and provides a reasonable living cost that’s why the students must go for the Gdańsk Medical University to pursue MBBS, Checkout the monthly based expenses varying according to individual needs:
|Particulars||Per month amount in USD||Per month amount in Rs|
|Hostel Charges||141 USD||RS. 9916|
|Food Cost||197 USD||RS. 13,818|
|Transportation Cost||29 USD||RS. 32,307|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Gdańsk Medical University
Gdańsk Medical University offers a wide range of programs that are being taught during the MBBS course:
Why Study MBBS at Gdańsk Medical University?
The students all over the world must pick Gdańsk Medical University for MBBS education to make their dreams come true:
- Gdańsk Medical University has official recognition of the various medical organisations.
- The medical university is enriched with a modern Invasive Medicine Center with modern teaching methodologies for providing a top-class education system.
- Since 1998, the Gdańsk Medical University has actively participated in the SOCRATES/ Erasmus programme, now Erasmus+.
- Gdańsk Medical University is developing scientific research, as it has leading positions in the ranking of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and numerous awards.
- Practical clinical classes are conducted to provide health services to the society at the clinical centre and on a foreign bed basis in the selected hospital.
- Gdańsk Medical University has the best teaching staff members who strengthen the education system.
- Gdańsk Medical University offers an affordable fee structure to the students looking for MBBS education.
- A modern centre for laboratory medicine was launched in 2010.
- A new clinical hospital was put into operation in March 2012 known as the Invasive medicine centre.
- Gdańsk Medical University also conducts a high level of scientific activity by the faculty members.
- The departments, clinics and departments of the faculty provide highly specialized diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Gdańsk Medical University has a wide range of faculty staff including researchers and clinicians, experts in clinical and preclinical fields with high value in both Poland and international medical circles.
- The lectures are conducted by the young and dynamic academic teachers at the rank of assistant or adjunct professor with significant clinical and scientific competences.
- Student groups are small. The clinician teacher works with only 4-5 students. Such conditions are favourable for students to acquire not only theoretical but also practical knowledge.
- University cooperates with more than 50 universities and scientific centres abroad.
- Gdańsk Medical University is the first Medical Research University in Poland.
- It is in 6th place in the general category of the best universities in Poland.
- Gdańsk Medical University is a worldwide recognized university, highly rated by national and international institutions that evaluate universities.
- Gdańsk Medical University has a modern teaching and clinical infrastructure with numerous simulation and multimedia laboratories.
- The Medical Simulation Centre has 21 simulation rooms, nursing skills simulation lab, physical examination simulation lab and dental simulation laboratory.
Gdańsk Medical University – Intake 2021
Here are the important dates updated currently regarding MBBS admissions at Gdańsk Medical University:
|Application Start Date||January|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start date||March|
Gdańsk Medical University – Important FAQs
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Gdańsk Medical University?
The Gdańsk Medical University provides 6 years of medicine program which is followed by a 1-year compulsory rotating Internship.
What is the per annum MBBS tuition fees at Gdańsk Medical University?
The students should pay at least 11605.38 USD for doing an MBBS course at Gdańsk Medical University.
Is the Gdańsk Medical University safe for students to pursue MBBS?
Yes, World-class level of security is available for the students with CCTV cameras installed everywhere in the campus during MBBS education at Gdańsk Medical University.
How many dormitories are available at a university campus?
Gdańsk Medical University campus has four comfortable and spacious dormitories for 1000 students.
Do the students need to study MBBS in a polish language only at Gdańsk Medical University?
NO, the Gdańsk Medical University provides a medical course in 100% English language.
What is the check-in and check out the timing of the hostel during Gdańsk Medical University?
The students should check-in from 12 am and check out up to 9 AM (next day) while doing MBBS at Gdańsk Medical University.