MBBS in ARMENIA
Table of Content
- Armenia is situated at a cultural, religious, and historical intersection and located at the crossroads between Europe and Asia, in the southern Transcaucasus.
- Armenia has borders with Turkey to the west and south, Georgia to the north, with Azerbaijan to the east and southwest, and with Iran to the south.
- Tourists find over 4,000 historical monuments throughout Armenia, covering various periods of the country’s history from the early to medieval Christian era, and from prehistoric to Hellenistic times.
- Armenia consists of 97% of the population today which are Christians and the remaining small percentage is made up of different ethnic minorities such as the Yazidis, Ukranians, Kurds, Russians, and more. Armenia consists of one of the most beautiful churches in the world.
- The climate of Armenia is dry and continental. Summer, in Armenia, is long and hot, with the average June and August temperature in the plain being 25° C. Winter is generally not cold where the average January temperature in the plain and foothills is about −5° C, whereas in the mountains it drops to −12° C.
- According to 2011 census, Armenia’s population is 28, 71, 509.
- The largest city of Armenia is ‘Yerevan’ which is also the capital city of Armenia.
- The country Armenia has an area of 29,743 km² and hence Armenia is just slightly smaller than Belgium.
Study MBBS in Armenia for Indian Students
The most rewarding and respectable profession in a country like ‘India’ is the medical profession. For Indian medical aspirants, studying MBBS in Armenia can be the best option. Students can get anything they wish for in their medical university of Armenia.
Modern infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, Low MBBS course fee, good clinical exposure, quality medical education, these are some factors which attract thousands of students to do MBBS in Armenia.
Also, a student does not need to opt for any kind of entrance exam to get admission in a top medical university in Armenia. The classes for MBBS are conducted in the English language in Armenia. Equivalent to an MBBS degree in India, the medical universities in Armenia offer an ‘MD’ degree to Indian students.
List of Top 3 NMC Recognized Medical Colleges in Armenia
Following are some of the best MBBS universities in Armenia:
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University
- Yerevan Haybusak University
Recognition of Medical Universities in Armenia
The medicine degree has much recognition. The universities has its primary recognition of the Government of Armenia. Further years added the below mentioned accreditation certificates of the university.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- The Foundation of the Advancement of International Medical Education & Research (FAIMER)
- World of Education of Armenia.
MBBS in Armenia – Quick Overview
|Degree offered||MD (Equivalent to MBBS in India)|
|Duration for MBBS in Armenia||5 + 1 Years (internship)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|NEET Exam||Required with qualifying marks|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||Rs.1.75 lakhs/year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||Rs.2.80 lakhs/year|
|Top Medical Universities||The University of Traditional Medicine|
Yerevan Haybusak University
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 (Science) with 50% for General|
category and 40% for SC/ST category
|Recognition of the Medical Universities||NMC and WHO and others|
MBBS in Armenia Fee Structure 2021
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITIES||TUITION FEE (1ST YEAR)||TUITION FEE (2ND-5TH YEAR)||HOSTEL FEE PER YEAR||FOOD CHARGES PER YEAR|
|Yerevan State Medical University||$5000||$5000||$1000||$1800|
|Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University||$2900||$2900||$2000||$1800|
|St. Tereza Medical University||$5450||$3700||$1000||$1500|
|The University of Traditional Medicine||$4500||$4500||$1000||$1800|
|Yerevan Haybusak University||$3800||$3800||$1000||$1800|
Note: $1 = Rs.70
Course Duration for MBBS in Armenia
- The total duration of the MBBS course in an Armenian medical university is 6 years which includes 5 years of classroom training and 1 year of practical training in a hospital affiliated to the university.
- In this program of 6 years of MBBS study, the internship cycle is included.
- In the case of students who choose to study medicine in Armenian, another year gets added to the course curriculum which makes the course duration 7 years.
MBBS Syllabus in Armenia
- For Indian students, Armenia can be the best option to study MBBS.
- There are a number of NMC approved medical universities in Armenia that offer quality education.
- The MBBS universities in Armenia are recognized by international bodies like UNESCO, NMC, and WHO too.
- Another advantage is that these universities offer MBBS education in Armenia at a low cost for Indian and other international students.
The syllabus for studying MBBS course in Armenia is as follows:
|Semester 1-2 (Pre-clinical)||Physiology, Anatomy, and Biochemistry|
|Semester 3-5 (Para-clinical)||Pathology, Pharmacology, Community medicine, Forensic medicine, Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs.|
|Semester 6-9 (Clinical)||Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Community Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Clinical Posting.|
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Armenia in which one should perfectly fit:
- An applicant must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken. The maximum age limit is 25 for admission into MBBS. For the reserved class, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidate or the applicant must have qualified the NEET exam with the minimum qualifying marks so as to become eligible for admission into a medical university in Armenia.
- The applicant must have cleared 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry for general category and 40% marks for reserved category.
- The applicant must be an Indian national to become eligible for MBBS admission in Armenia.
Admission Procedure to Study Medicine in Armenia
The admission process for applying for the MBBS course in any medical university in Armenia is very simple and easy to follow.
Step 1: The application form has to be filled correctly without any mistakes.
Step 2: Then the applicant should send the filled application form to the respective university directly. If a student has filled the form offline then he can send it to the respective university with all the necessary documents required.
Step 3: Once the university receives the application form, the student receives an offer letter or acceptance letter from that university.
Step 4: After the admission is confirmed, the student will need to pay the admission fee.
Step 5: Once a student gets printed admission receipt, he or she should apply for the visa through the Armenian embassy along with necessary documents.
Step 6: After all the checkings and interviews are over, the applicant will receive his/her visa.
Step 7: Once a student completes all the proceedings regarding admission to the Armenian medical university, he/she can book their flight tickets to Armenia.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in Armenia
For pursuing MBBS in Armenia students must possess the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume) and the duly filled Application Form
- Passing certificates and marks sheets of Class X & XII which are duly attested.
- All academic credentials to be duly attested and notarized.
- A certificate that shows the nationality of the student along with the name, address, contact number, and the notarized birth certificate.
- Twelve recent passport size photographs on a white background.
- Processing fees which include the counseling & other charges also along with the processing fees.
- The bank receipt for the payment of tuition fees for the first year.
- Three photocopies of Passport which are duly attested and notarized with the original passport.
- A medical certificate certifying that a student is medically fit which should have HIV report also.
More Benefits of Studying Medicine in Armenia
Armenia has many medical colleges that have been ranked high in the world ranking status. Below mentioned are some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Armenia:
- The medical universities in Armenia offer best quality MBBS education at the lowest cost.
- The awarded degrees are recognized and approved by NMC (National Medical Commission) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- The study environment at MBBS universities in Armenia is engaging and peaceful.
- The Armenian Medical Degrees are valid across the globe and hence, students can study MBBS in Armenia without any worries.
- The MBBS programs in most of the universities in Armenia are of 6 years except a few where the course duration is 5 years.
- No TOEFL or IELTS or any other language test is essential for admission to the MBBS program in Armenian Medical Universities.
- Students do not need to pay any kind of donation or capitation fee to study MBBS in Armenia.
- The medium of communication and the medium of teaching for MBBS studies is English. The reason being it is easy for the students to understand and communicate with roommates, classmates, hostel mates, teachers, and others.
- Students who return to India after completing the MBBS studies from Armenian Universities will be eligible to practice in India after they clear the licensing examination.
- The living cost in Armenia is really affordable for Indian and other international students.
- No entrance exam is required for admission to MBBS course in Armenian medical university.
- Most of the medical universities in Armenia use all the modern and latest equipment in their hospitals to engage students with the best medical practices followed worldwide.
Career after MBBS in Armenia
Students who complete MBBS from Armenia have a very bright career ahead.
The degree is globally recognized and has global importance. Students after completing MBBS from Armenia have following options:
Medical Practice in Armenia
Students can settle in Armenia after receiving MBBS degree from medical university in Armenia. Students can either practice in Armenia or can opt for post graduation in medicine. According to many students, medical practice in Armenia is a rewarding career.
Returning back to India for practice
Indian students can come back to India to practice medicine after studying MBBS course from Armenia. For this, they will need to clear the EXIT exam and fulfill the eligibility criteria for the same.
Course in Hospital Management
Students who study MBBS course in Armenia can also go for hospital management courses. Hospital management is a fast growing career nowadays. This course has good scope.
MBBS graduates can go for licensing exam conducted in the USA which is known as USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination)
Post Graduation in Germany
Once students complete MBBS from Armenia, they can also go for MD in Germany. The degree received from Germany will be valid in India also.
How Safe is Armenia
Armenia is one of the safest countries for all people, especially for women. However, every candidate needs to be very careful after reaching there. They should not join any late-night program need to avoid the company of strangers for their own safety.
Apart from this, the people of Armenia are very friendly and very helpful. If anyone, any medical aspirants face any danger then the Armenian people will surely be there to save them.
Accommodation for MBBS Students in Armenia
Armenian universities offer the facilities of accommodation for the students who come to study there.
The universities of Armenia offer their candidates the facility of a dormitory. The candidates who want to take a dormitory can have this facility. It will be easier for the medical aspirants to attend their medical classes. The housing for students located near the university campus or inside the campus.
- The main facility of having this student housing is you can have separate rooms for both male and female.
- All these rooms are well equipped with study table, Wi-Fi connection and laundry facility are also available here.
- In addition, the medical aspirants can also avail the facility of the library so that they can study enough.
- The university dormitory has a kitchen for those who wish to cook their own meal.
- The most attracting fact is that students can have this facility at a pocket-friendly cost.
Rooms for Sharing
Many students share their rooms with others. Sometimes many candidates share one room along with kitchen, washroom. In this way they can also save their cost by distributing the amount among all the roommates.
If you prefer to live alone and secluded spot to give more focus on study then you can have your own apartment. Although you can stay in your private room comfortably, it is too expensive. So if you have enough money then you can afford this.
Residence for Candidates
The student residence can be another option for candidates who come from India. Many builders can build a residence according to your needs near your University. The size and equipment of these kinds of residents may vary.
Cost of Living
The cost of living at Armenia is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.30 – Rs.500|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1800 – Rs.2000|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.900|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.14,000 – Rs.25,000|
Note: For calculation purpose 1$= Rs. 70
Important Dates – Intake 2021
- In the First week of July, admission will get started.
- The last date to apply is 1st October.
MBBS in Armenia – Important FAQs
Is Armenia a good option for studying MBBS?
Yes, studying MBBS from Armenia is a good option. Students who study MBBS from Armenia get many advantages as medical universities in Armenia offer MBBS education at very low cost. They are approved by NMC and WHO.
Is MBBS from Armenia valid in India?
The degree that would be awarded to students who complete MBBS in Armenia is recognized by international bodies like UNESCO, NMC, and WHO around the world and valid globally. Medium of course is English, so students will not face any kind of difficulty understanding the language while studying. They will also be eligible to practice medicine in India if you clear the licensing exam.
How much is the duration of MBBS course in Armenia?
‘MBBS in Armenia’ is a 6 year MBBS course. In this program of 6 years of MBBS study, the internship cycle of 1 year is included.
In the case of students who choose to study medicine in Armenian, another year gets added to the course curriculum which makes the course duration 7 years.
Which are the NMC recognized medical universities in Armenia?
Following is the list of NMC recognized top medical universities in Armenia:
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Yerevan Haybusak University
Is there a hostel facility for international students studying MBBS in Armenia?
Yes, all the medical universities in Armenia provide hostel facility to the Indian as well as other international students. These hostels are equipped with modern facilities like WiFi, Central heating, quality food even with the availability of Indian food.
Is NEET mandatory to study MBBS in Armenia?
Yes, NEET is mandatory for all the students who wish to study MBBS in any country abroad. Students of the General category should clear the NEET exam with minimum 60% marks and those of reserved category with 40% marks.
Why Study MBBS at Armenia for Indian Students
Check these some of the benefits of studying medicine in Armenia for Indian students:
- Armenian medical certificates are recognized by NMC and WHO
- No TOEFL or IELTS is essential for admission to MBBS program in Armenia
- Lower cost of living in Armenia
- One of the safest countries in Europe for worry-free education
- Good proximity and studying environment
- No Entrance exams needed for admission to MBBS in Armenia
- Good study environment
- Highly competitive course fee