Belarusian State Medical University
Table of Content
About Minsk City
- Belarusian State Medical University is located in Minsk.
- Minsk is the largest city of Belarus which is situated on Svislac and the Nyamiha Rivers.
- The city is well known for its education, culture, and printing centre with the national academy of sciences of Belarus.
- Minsk is famous for its Soviet architecture, concrete buildings and avenues.
Top attractions of Minsk city:
- Victory square
- Museum Strana Mini
- Island of tears
- National Library of Belarus
- National Opera and ballet theatre of Belarus
About Belarusian State Medical University, Belarus
Belarusian State Medical University has been founded in the 1921. It is one of the leading medical education institutions of Belarus. The university is located in the large city of Minsk, in the Minsk region. This university is a medium sized higher education institution and it is accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
The bachelor degrees, master degrees and doctorate degrees are nothing but the different courses which Belarusian State Medical University (BSMU) offers. In the year 1930, the medical faculty became the state medical university of Belarus. The university is 97 years old.
There are 72 departments in the university, which provides teaching and academic as well as research classes of which 29 are theoretical and 43 clinical.
This university gives admissions to the students based on the entrance examinations and past academic records of students. Enrollments from the international students are welcomed by the BSMU. The University provides extra ordinary research facilities.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The medical degree from Belarusian State Medical University is fully recognized:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Belarusian State Medical University – Quick Overview
Refer to the table below for quick highlights about Belarusian State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 60%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory.|
|Course Fee||Rs.3.50 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Medium||English & Belarusian|
|University Ranking||Country – 2, World – 1380|
|Universities Recognition||NMC and WHO approved|
Advantages and Benefits of Belarusian State Medical University
- Indians face huge benefits here in Belarus studying MBBS
- The course fee is quite affordable
- The education level of MBBS course is of world class level
- The university is recognized by WHO and MCI
- Students can practice in India after MCI screening test
- The admission procedure is quite simple and convenient for Indian students
- English is the medium of education and communication here
- Indians can get Indian cuisine food here
- 100% VISA approval rate here in Belarus
- High quality theoretical and modern practical technique used in mbbs education Belarus
- There are extra curriculum activities such as social seminars and events
- The universities provide hostel facilities with all the important amenities
- Belarus has pleasant weather throughout the year which is quite comfortable for Indians
- There are already a lot of Indians studying here so you will feel very familiar here
- Employers from India prefer students with an international medical degree
- Interaction with different culture in Belarus
- Belarus is one of the safest places in the world
- Students can roam around the city and check out the amazing architecture of this place
- They can also try out the eateries to discover new food palette of Belarus
Belarusian State Medical University – Fee Structure 2020
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 5,833|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,50,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)||Rs.40,000|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Belarus.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Belarusian State Medical University
The Duration of MBBS at Belarusian State Medical University is given below:
The MBBS duration in Belarusian State Medical University is 6 years which includes 6 years of MBBS course and excludes 1 year of internship in India.
Belarusian State Medical University : MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for the MBBS course at Belarusian State Medical University is shown in the table below:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th – 6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings||Neurology|
|General Surgery||Emergency Medicine|
The students should fit into the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or before the 31st of December of the admission year.
- Pass Out from 12th grade.
- ST/SC- Minimum of 60% required.
- Reserved Category – Minimum of 50% in PCB.
- Compulsory NEET exam.
Admission Procedure at Belarusian State Medical University
Follow these steps to take admission at Belarusian State Medical University for the MBBS course:
Step 1: Fill in the application form available online.
Step 2: Send the completed application with copies of the essential documents, necessary for the acquisition of the student’s status.
Step 3: After receiving the application, the university will arrange a Skype interview with the applicant, to confirm that the potential students meet all the necessary admission requirements and then only they will send a conditional offer letter.
Step 4: The applicant should pay the initial tuition fee, after receiving a conditional offer letter. Then the university will send a Fee Acknowledgement letter after this.
Step 5: Students should then fulfil the necessary procedures for granting a student visa.
Below are the requirements from the Belarusian embassy for most of the countries:
Students who wish to study at Belarus must obtain a study visa. The visa process at Belarus is very easy and student’s visa will not get rejected.
- A copy of completed Visa application form to Belarus.
- 2 color photos, students should please note that 6 months older photos are not accepted.
- Students should have a valid international passport. It should be valid for minimum 90 days after the expected date of departure.
- University’s invitation letter from the Ministry of Education in Belarus to study at Belarus.
- Student’s birth certificate.
- Medical test results from a recognized medical institute of the country which should include HIV test results also.
- Educational documents of the student.
- Any other documents which are required by the university.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- Application form
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- COVID-19 reports
- Caste certificate
- Migration certificate
- Invitation letter
- Student Visa
- Passport size photos
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Transfer certificate
- Medical test report
Belarusian State Medical University – Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Belarusian State Medical University:
Belarusian State Medical University – Accommodation Facilities
The Belarusian State Medical University provides comfortable hostels, giving a homely feeling to all the medical aspirants:
- Affordable hostel system with fully furnished rooms.
- All essential amenities including TV and telephone.
- 24×7 hostel security is available in the hostel system.
- Reading rooms and gyms are available in the hostel.
- University Health centre services for International students are available on a paid basis.
- Self-study rooms are available for medical aspirants in the hostel.
- Dining room.
- High-speed Internet round the clock.
- Recreational room.
- Laundry facility for washing clothes.
- Gyms are available for boys and girls.
- Indian food is available for Indian students.
Cost of Living at Minsk City
The living expenses of Minsk is quite affordable, the students must go through the table mentioned below to know about the monthly expenses varying according to individual needs:
|Activity||Amount in USD||Amount in Rs|
|Hostel||200 USD||14000 INR|
|Food||90-100 USD||6300-7000 INR|
|Transportation||20-22 USD||1500 INR|
Courses Offered at Belarusian State Medical University
These are the faculties of medicine taught in Belarusian State Medical University:
Why Study MBBS at Belarusian State Medical University?
Following are the benefits to study MBBS at Belarusian State Medical University:
- Quality education
- BSMU has adopted practice oriented approach for education that is more focus on practicals in labs or tutorials than theoretical study.
- Belarusian State Medical University follows the principles of Bologna process and thus it has implemented innovative educational technologies for the students.
- The university has affordable tuition fees.
- Students get timely medical health care facilities from the Belarusian state medical university.
- Sports activities are handled in a very organized and sophisticated way by Belarusian State Medical University. Special physical training is given to the students so that they can perform effectively in sports activities.
- There are different faculties of medicine at BSMU like general medicine, preventive medicine, pediatrics, dentistry, military medicine etc. so that students get an option to choose from.
- Medium of instruction is English.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
The students must check out some important admission dates for taking admission at Belarusian State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||June|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start date||November|
Belarussian State Medical University – Important FAQs
Is there any language barrier at Belarussian State Medical University?
No, the medium of instruction is the English language and the students won’t face any language barrier at Belarussian State Medical University due to a healthy and friendly atmosphere.
How many years of MBBS program provided at Belarussian State Medical University?
Belarussian State Medical University offers 5 years followed by a 1-year Internship.
Is the medical degree awarded by Belarussian State Medical University valid in other countries?
The students will get a globally accepted medical degree after clearing the screening test.
Is there any university entrance exam required for MBBS admission at Belarussian State Medical University?
Belarussian State Medical University doesn’t give any entrance examination for MBBS admission.
Are there any hostel facilities available at Belarussian State Medical University?
Belarussian State Medical University offers spacious and safe dormitories at the university campus.
Is there separate space for boys and girls in hostel premises at Belarussian State Medical University?
The hostel has a separate space for boys and girls at Belarussian State Medical University.
Is there any practical teaching during medical education at Belarussian State Medical University?
Belarussian State Medical University also provides a practical aspect of knowledge along with MBBS education.