Gomel State Medical University
Table of Content
About Gomel City
Let’s know more about the city where Our Lady of Fatima University is situated:
Let’s get to know about Gomel city:
- Founded in 1142, Gomel is the largest regional city in Belarus.
- The city is located in the south-east of the republic.
- The population of the city is 527691 & the city has the finest environment in terms of geographical & natural atmosphere.
- Gomel consists of Sozh which is the widest river in Belarusian.
- Transportation used in the city includes trolleybus, auto-buses, & route taxis.
About Gomel State Medical University, Belarus
Studying MBBS at Gomel State Medical University is one of the best options for international students for doing an MBBS program due to its superior infrastructure, quality education & affordable cost.
Gomel State Medical University (GSMU) was founded in 1990 and situated in Gomel, Belarus, it is the most highly prioritized destination where thousands of students attempt to secure their MBBS seats.
At Gomel State Medical University, The entire syllabus is taught in the English medium, campus has 34 departments where 600 renowned professors deliver theoretical and practical classes with modern teaching methodologies, the latest facilities, extracurricular activities, affordable price, amazing accommodation during Medicine education.
GSMU has enrolled about 5000 students & most of them have guaranteed career success ahead of them.
Gomel State Medical University is one of the Ideal places which is providing value-based MBBS education to the students and transforms them into professionals doctors with the right approach.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The MBBS degree awarded from the Gomel State Medical University is fully recognized by different organisations:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- ECFMG (USA)
- General Medical Council (UK)
- Australian Medical Council (AMC)
- Sri Lanka (SLMC)
- China Medical Board (CMB)
Gomel State Medical University – Quick Overview
The students must go through a brief overview of the major attributes of the Gomel State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Accepted Exam||NEET Examination|
|Annual Tuition Fee||4200 USD|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|University Ranking||Country – 18, World – 5681|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, ECFMG, EU/EEA, CMB, SLMC, AMC|
General Medical Council
Advantages and Benefits of GSMU
- Gomel Medical University has provides highly qualified and specialized doctors.
- Studying MD/MBBS in Gomel Medical University in Belarus is a good choice for quality education with an affordable fee.
- Gomel city got all the facilities with good environments as its considered as second large commercial, industrial and manufacturing city.
- The university got certificate for the quality management system designs and implementation of educational activities in the field of medical education.
Gomel State Medical University – Fee Structure 2020
Gomel State Medical University offers MBBS education at affordable prices that allow the students to get an excellent education at the most reduced rates:
|Particular||Fees in USD||Fees in INR|
|Tuition Fees||4200 USD|
|Hostel Fees||700 USD|
|Total Fees||4900 USD||INR 3,43,000|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Belarus.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Gomel State Medical University
The entire MBBS program takes 6 years of duration excluding a 1-year of internship at India:
- Gomel State Medical University offers 5 years of MBBS program in the English medium.
- It has renowned and dedicated professors providing the students with basic medical knowledge by conducting theoretical as well as practical classes.
- The students passing the final MBBS exam shall undergo one-year compulsory internship training after clearing NEXT in India.
- The internship training is mainly designed to develop the required skills to deal with health problems in hospitals and society.
Gomel State Medical University : MBBS Syllabus
The candidates should check out the organized syllabus of the MBBS course at Gomel State Medical University:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th – 6th Year
|Clinical Subjects & Clinical Postings|
The eligibility criteria must be kept in mind while applying for the MBBS program at Gomel State Medical University:
- The age of the candidate should not be below 17 years and not more than 25 years old.
- The students must complete SSC and HSC examinations with good scores for getting admission at GSMU.
- The general category students require aggregate marks of 50 % for admission.
- The candidate who belongs to the reserved category must get a minimum of 45% marks.
- Every candidate must clear the NEET examination with good scores to admit to the MBBS course.
- The candidates must have a valid passport to enroll at Gomel State Medical University.
Admission Procedure at Gomel State Medical University
Here is the step-to-step guide about the MBBS admission at Gomel State Medical University:
Step 1: Fill out the online application form of the Gomel State Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the important documents with the application form and submit it.
Step 3: The selected students will receive an offer letter from Gomel State Medical University after considering all documents.
Step 4: The candidates must pay the tuition fee of the MBBS program at Gomel State Medical University.
Step 5: The students must quickly apply for the visa process to get a passport after the payment of MBBS fees.
Step 6: Now the selected students are ready to fly to Belarus to begin their MBBS journey at Gomel State Medical University.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
The students who dream to pursue MBBS in Gomel State Medical University must submit the following documents:
- Application form
- SSC certificate
- HSC certificate
- Passport size photos
- National ID card
- Bank receipt
- Medical certificate
- Valid passport
- Valid passport
- NEET scorecard
- Offer letter
- Passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- HIV test certificate
- Covid-19 report
- Transfer certificate
Gomel State Medical University – Ranking 2021
According to Unirank 4icu, the country & world ranking of Gomel State Medical University is as follows:
Gomel State Medical University believe that money should not roadblock for the student with innovative ideas for a better future:
- Gomel State Medical University offers a scholarship program for the students during medicine course education.
- The deserving candidates will get a scholarship based on certain criteria that usually accounts for the academic record of the students.
Gomel State Medical University – Hostel and Accommodation Facilities
Gomel State Medical University offers convenient accommodation with all basic amenities for worldwide students looking for MBBS education:
- Gomel State Medical University offers 4 developed hostels at a reasonable price.
- The hostel is well-organized and fully furnished.
- The students are living in the hostel rooms on a sharing basis.
- The hostel provides separately distributed rooms for boys and girls.
- The accommodation rooms are hygienic and cleaned regularly.
The rooms are well-equipped with all the modern amenities fulfilling the basic requirements –
- The students are provided with laundry and a gymnasium equipped with all modern equipment.
- Availability of common kitchen to cook their own choice of food anytime.
- The accommodation has a large mess preparing all types of cuisine for students.
- The hostel premises are wifi enabled for 24 hours.
- The hostel is under high-class security round the clock.
Facilities Provided at Gomel State Medical University
The Gomel State Medical University furnishes all basic facilities to the students during MBBS education:
Cost of Living at Gomel City
The living expenses of Gomel is cost-effective, the students must refer to the table mentioned below to know about the monthly based cost varying according to the individual needs:
|Particulars||Amount in USD||Amount in Rs|
|Food||172 USD||12043 Rs|
|Transportation charges||8 USD||560 Rs|
Courses Offered at Gomel State Medical University
Gomel State Medical University offers multiple courses to achieve quality education and an exciting career:
Why Study MBBS at Gomel State Medical University?
There are several favourable reasons, why students urge to choose Gomel State Medical University to study MBBS course:
- The MBBS degree offered by Gomel State Medical University will have official recognition by many known organisations.
- Gomel State Medical University uses modern teaching methodologies & practical classes during MBBS education.
- The university has an eminent level of educational curriculum & all 600 professors are highly qualified with years of experience in the medical field.
- Gomel State Medical University doesn’t demand any English proficiency exam like IELTS or TOEFL or another additional exam, apart from the National Entrance Examination Test (NEET) for MBBS enrollment.
- The Gomel State Medical University conducts classes in 100% of the English language.
- The University also guides the students for medical licensing examinations during MBBS education.
- The fee structure & city living cost is much more reliable as compared to universities in other countries.
- It offers a well-developed infrastructure with all modern facilities at the comfortable zone of the students to experience a hassle-free education system.
- The institute provides an international environment to the students due to which every student will get exposure to different cultural backgrounds.
- The student will acquire a globally accepted MBBS degree at Gomel State Medical University.
- The college opens up a wide range of job opportunities after MBBS education in any country of choice.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
The students must check out some important admission dates for taking admission at Gomel State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||March|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start date||September|
Gomel State Medical University – Important FAQs
Are there any other expenses than medicine fees while doing MBBS at the Gomel State Medical University?
Yes, there are a lot of other expenses while doing MBBS at the Gomel State Medical University, which is quite affordable to students including hostel fees, transportation costs, clothes costs, and meal costs, etc.
How many years of the medical program offered by the Gomel State Medical University?
The Gomel State Medical University offers 5 years of medical studies and 1 year of mandatory internship.
What is the medium of teaching for medicine programs at the Gomel State Medical University?
The Gomel State Medical University offers an English medium of teaching for studying MBBS.
What will be the transportation cost of the city during MBBS Education at the Gomel State Medical University?
560 Rs is required for transportation during medicine education at Gomel State Medical University.
Is there Indian food available at the Gomel State Medical University?
Yes, healthy and fresh Indian food is available in the university canteen of the Gomel State Medical University.
Do we require to sit for any English proficiency test to enroll in the medicine program at Gomel State Medical University?
No, the students don’t need English proficiency exam clearance to study medicine at Gomel State Medical University.
Can we take holidays in between MBBS education at Gomel State Medical University?
No, The students are allowed to take leave only in emergency cases.