Vitebsk State Medical University
Table of Content
About Vitebsk City
Vitebsk is the Belarussian city and the capital of Vitebsk region:
- Vitebsk is a city in Belarus, which is the birthplace of the famous artist Marc Chagall.
- Annunciation Church, which is the oldest building in Belarus is located in Vitebsk.
- Vitebsk has a cold climate and it has heavy rainfall even in the driest months.
- The 4th largest city in Belarus is Vitebsk. In 1999, the trade and finance boosted in the city.
About Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus
Established about 86 years ago, Vitebsk State Medical University of Belarus is one of the premium universities in Belarus. In 1934 it was founded in Vitebsk city and became the not-profitable public university. It is the premium option for doing MBBS in Belarus.
The university is 84 years old and it has set its own admission policies based on entrance examinations. The courses and programs which this university offers are degree programs, such as, pre-bachelor degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees etc. There are 5 faculties at the university at present namely; the medical preventive faculty, the pharmaceutical faculty, the faculty for training specialists for foreign countries, the faculty for updating specialists, the pre-university training faculty etc.
The teaching faculties at the university are highly qualified and trained. The university provides many facilities to students like Computer facilities, internet, library, student scientific research society, student cafe, sport complex etc.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Vitebsk State Medical University has the following accreditation and recognition:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Vitebsk State Medical University – Quick Overview
Refer to the table below for quick highlights about Vitebsk State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 60%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs.3 to 3.50 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Medium of Teaching||English & Belarusian|
|University Ranking||Country – 8, World – 3928|
|University Ranking||NMC and WHO|
Advantages and Benefits of Belarus Students
- College recognized by MCI
- Benefits of affordable fee structure and no capitation fee
- No entrance examination for the admission to MBBS course. The admission is based on your academic records and first cum first serve basis.
- No language barrier as English is the medium of instruction for the international medical students
- Belarus University curriculum is universal and hence the issued medical degrees are valid across the globe
- World-class infrastructure with modern amenities to promote better education
- Health studying atmosphere with no ragging encouraged
- Trained, qualified, cooperative, and friendly teaching faculties
- Cost of accommodation and food is economical in comparison to other nations
- Safe, good, and peaceful atmosphere to engage in serious studies
- Hostel facility, Indian food, Wi-Fi, clean water, and other amenities facilitated for the convenience of medical course students
- The country offers rewarding career opportunities to medical graduates
Vitebsk State Medical University – Fee Structure 2021
Vitebsk State Medical University has an affordable fee structure:
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4800|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs. 3,29,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)||Rs.70,000|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Belarus.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Vitebsk State Medical University
The course duration of MBBS in Belarus is 6 years:
MBBS degree’s duration in Belarus is of 6 years.
Vitebsk State Medical University : MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for MBBS in Belarus is shown in the table below:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Fundamentals of Psychology||Physiology|
|Medical Chemistry||Human Anatomy|
|Elective Courses||Emergency Medicine|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Hygiene and Ecology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|General Surgery||Narcology, Psychiatry|
|Elective courses||Medical Psychology|
|Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
|Infectious Diseases||General Practice|
|Internal Medicine||Social medicine|
|Fundamentals of Stomatology||–|
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Belarus for MBBS:
- Candidates who are above 17 years old on or before 31st December of admission year can take admission to MBBS in Belarus.
- Candidates who have scored more than 50% in HSC exam or in similar courses with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects can apply for the admission process for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- Students who have cleared the NEET examination with an eligible score can apply for the MBBS course in Kyrgyz state medical university.
Students need to follow these steps to take admission in Belarus for MBBS:
Step 1: Students need to fill the admission form from the online portal of university.
Step 2: Submit all the documents online or at the office of ‘Select Your University’.
Step 3: Students will get an invitation letter within 2 weeks if selected.
Step 4: After getting an invitation letter students have to pay the tuition fee of the academy.
Step 5: With the original receipt of fee payment and invitation letter of the university, students can apply for the student visa process.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- Student Visa (after admission is confirmed)
- Passport size photos
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Medical test report
Vitebsk State Medical University – Ranking 2021
According to Unirank 4icu, the country & world ranking of Vitebsk State Medical University is as follows:
Vitebsk State Medical University – Hostel and Accommodation Facilities
Vitebsk State Medical University provides the facilities of accommodation and mess for students:
- Students at Vitebsk State Medical University are provided with hostels on sharing basis rooms.
- Rooms are provided with 2 and 3 beds sharing.
- All the important amenities like a pillow, blanket, bed-sheet, beds, tables and chairs are provided.
- The cost of the hostel for a year will be included in the first years’ fee while taking admission which is approx 70,000 RS.
- Indian food is available for Indian students in mess.
- A common kitchen is provided for students to cook their food too.
- Indian restaurants are also available in the city.
Cost of Living at Vitebsk City
The lifestyle in Belarus is pretty much affordable and in Vitebsk city it is more cost efficient:
The table below shows the average and approx cost of living in Vitebsk, Belarus for a month. This may vary from person to person and according to the living style of the students.
|Particulars||Amount in USD||Amount in RS|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses Offered at Vitebsk State Medical University
Following faculties are successfully working in Vitebsk State Medical University:
Why Study MBBS at Vitebsk State Medical University?
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Vitebsk State Medical University
- Vitebsk State Medical University is one of the top-ranked government universities.
- It offers an attractive and affordable low-cost fee structure.
- Students can do postgraduate from the USA as it is an ECFMG recognized university.
- There is a good patient flow at clinics at Vitebsk state medical university.
- The faculty is very well developed and qualified and thus it delivers a very good quality of education.
- Greater opportunities for learning and working can be created as the Vitebsk University has collateral relationships with many countries.
- The medical education fees are low at this university.
- Students can get better job prospects after completing their education.
- The possibility of deserving candidates getting a visa is 100%.
- The medium of teaching for MBBS is English.
- It follows European standard education with a 10:1 student-teacher ratio.
- Students do not need to appear for any entrance exam like IELTS or TOEFL for MBBS admission in this university.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
The students must check out some important admission dates for taking admission at Vitebsk State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||March|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start date||September|
Vitebsk State Medical University – Important FAQs
Is there any scholarship provided at Vitebsk State Medical University?
Vitebsk State Medical University does not offer any scholarship or render financial support to international students during MBBS education.
How much does it cost to study Medicine at Vitebsk State Medical University recognized or affiliated?
The candidates must pay 4800 USD to pursue MBBS at Vitebsk State Medical University.
Does the MBBS degree from Vitebsk State Medical University have global recognition?
MBBS degree acquired from Vitebsk State Medical University has global acceptance and the students can practice in any country of their choice.
What is the cost of dormitories at Vitebsk State Medical University?
The students need to pay approx 800 USD per annum to stay in the dormitory.
How much time does the Vitebsk State Medical University take to inform the admission decision?
The admission decision into the MBBS course at Vitebsk State Medical University will be taken within 5 days after the entrance examinations.