MBBS in CHINA
Table of Content
- The eastern part of Asia is occupied with China with a swiftly developing economy.
- China is officially termed as People’s Republic of China and the country has world’s largest population.
- China experiences different types of climates at different parts of the country because of the large geographical size.
- The Population of China is about 1.420 billion. China has a landscape with lakes, rivers, grassland, desert, and 14500 km of coastline.
- China has shared its border with India, Nepal, Bhutan. Beijing is the Capital of China. Shanghai is well-known for the financial and business sector and it is the largest city in China.
- The Chinese people are very well cultured and hospitable towards foreigners, as China has a great historical background.
Study MBBS in China for Indian Students
To realize the dream of becoming successful doctors, MBBS in China is a brilliant option. MBBS Universities in China are the most preferred destination for international students who want to pursue an MBBS education abroad.
Russia and China are the most searched destinations for students tracking the MBBS course. Being rich in culture, prominent educational tradition, China has set the benchmark as one of the oldest civilization on the surface of the earth.
Chinese Medical Universities offer high-quality education with affordable fees to international students.
For perceiving low-cost Medical education, the number of overseas students comes to China. There is no language restriction for Indian students. English is the highly-taught language in China. Generally, the duration of MBBS in China is of 5 or 6 years.
Students are eligible to apply for NMC Screening Test (FMGE), USMLE as well as PLAB exams, after completing the MBBS in China. A number of Indian and International students have done their MBBS in China and are pursuing a Medical career in their respective country.
There is a global exposure for Indian students after completing MBBS in China.
In recent years, due to the advanced technology for providing cost-effective features in the case of medicine, China has become one of the spectacular countries from all over the world.
Affiliated Universities in China
Institutes in China are affiliated for acquiring quality education from all continent, to promote Medical Education nationally and internationally:
- National Tsing Hua University
- National Chung Hsing University
- National Central University
- Kaohsiung Medical University
- Taipei Medical University
- Tunghai University
- Asia University
MBBS in China – Quick Overview
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Duration for MBBS||5+1 Year Internship|
|Medium of Instruction||English Language|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not required|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||$ 3,000 USD/Year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||$ 5,000 USD/Year|
|Top Medical University||Tsinghua University|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in PCB for General Category|
40% in PCB for Reserved Category
|Cost of Living in China||$ 150 USD/Month|
|Recognition of the Medical Universities||NMC & WHO accredited|
MBBS in China Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure for China’s top medical universities are as follows:
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||TUITION FEE (FOR 6 YEARS)||HOSTEL FEE (FOR 6 YEARS)||ANNUAL FEE (FOR 6 YEARS)|
|Xi’an Jiaotong University||Rs.24.52 Lakhs||Rs.1.73 Lakhs||Rs.26.25 Lakhs|
|Xinjiang Medical University||Rs.18.39 Lakhs||Rs.2.70 Lakhs||Rs.21.09 Lakhs|
|Ningxia Medical University||Rs.7.84 Lakhs||Rs.1.83 Lakhs||Rs.9.66 Lakhs|
|Yangzhou University||Rs.13.68 Lakhs||Rs.60,000||Rs.14.28 Lakhs|
|Qiqihar Medical University||Rs.17.12 Lakhs||Rs.1.83 Lakhs||Rs.18.95 Lakhs|
|Jilin University||Rs.12.95 Lakhs||Rs.3.25 Lakhs||Rs.16.20 Lakhs|
|Nanjing Medical University||Rs.20.76 Lakhs||Rs.3.50 Lakhs||Rs.24.26 Lakhs|
|Dalian Medical University||Rs.27.48 Lakhs||Rs.6.72 Lakhs||Rs.34.20 Lakhs|
|Wuhan Medical University||Rs.24.36 Lakhs||Rs.6.3 Lakhs||Rs.30.66 Lakhs|
|Jinan Medical University||Rs.20.76 Lakhs||Rs.3.66 Lakhs||Rs.24.42 Lakhs|
|Tianjin Medical University||Rs.25.02 Lakhs||Rs.2.70 Lakhs||Rs.27.72 Lakhs|
Note: All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$= Rs 70.
Course Duration for MBBS in China
- To practice as a successful doctor, 5 years of classroom training is necessary wherein students will get all the required knowledge and thus the Chinese medical schools are structured to provide 5 years of classroom training.
- Practical training is also provided to students hand in hand.
- Students are then enrolled for 1 year of apprenticeship after successful completion of classroom training which will focus only on practical and hospital training where in students will get a chance to deal with patients in real time, to handle surgeries, operations etc.
- Students can also skip the internship in China and do the same in India. But the NMC screening test is necessary in India.
- Thus, the total duration of the MBBS course in China is 6 years.
Detailed Course Syllabus for MBBS in China
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER|
|Cell Biology||Human Anatomy|
|Chinese Introduction||Chinese Art|
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER|
|Medical Genetics||Human Anatomy|
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER|
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER|
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER|
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Here is a standard eligibility criteria for taking admission for MBBS course in the Medical Universities of China:
- Minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of the admission process.
- The candidate must have 50% aggregate marks in PCB for the general cast and 40% for reserved category students.
- The candidate should have a valid NEET card showing the qualified NEET score.
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
Step 1: The candidate can meet our experienced representatives to discuss which courses or country has the scope for their program of interest.
Step 2: We, at EDUVANTI can identify the Entrance tests (GRE/GMAT/SAT etc.) specific to the course and country requirements and can start preparation.
Step 3: Our Sr.counselors will help to shortlist the universities for candidates based on their test scores.
Step 4: We at EDUVANTI will guide the candidates in the preparation of drafts of key documents such as LORs/Essays/Resume/SOP etc.
Step 5: We will give candidates complete guidance for the application for the course as required by the university through online or offline processes.
Step 6: We will guide students and their sponsors with regards to finances and education loans that are required for visa application through one to one discussions and seminars.
Step 7: We help students in form filling, visa application, and interviews if applicable.
Step 8: We will help candidates in different tedious tasks such as flight bookings, insurance, foreign exchange etc. and will help them to connect with other students who will join them.
Admission Procedure to Study Medicine in China
Seeking for an MBBS in abroad? You can connect with EDUVANTI for all kinds of information related to the admission process.
Step 1: To get admission for MBBS course, the candidate should produce original documents of 10+2 standard along with attested copies of mark sheet and photographs.
Step 2: After the counseling process, eligible candidate will get an invitation letter.
Step 3: The candidate can apply for a student visa, after getting an invitation letter.
Step 4: The candidates have to submit a copy of documents to the Chinese Embassy for getting a traveling visa.
Step 5: The candidate will have to pay the tuition fee at the time of admission process.
Step 6: The candidate can move to China to sustain a career in Medical field, after completion of the process as mentioned above.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in China
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Birth Certificate in English
- Photos – 10
- Official Invitation letter from the respective Medical University
- Authorized artifacts as approved by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents by the respective Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank Slip of University 1st year Tuition fee payment
- HIV Test Reports
Educational Standards in China
High-quality standard education is provided by the Ministry of Education in China.
Here are some facts about Education in China:
- The Chinese Government has approved around 49 Medical Colleges in China.
- About 10,000 students visit China to study the course of Medicine.
- In the year 1993, China had 1,070 full-time institutions of higher learning.
- China’s Universities fall under the Ministry of Central Government, autonomous regions, Ministry of Education etc.
- The first Institute established in China was the China Medical University.
MBBS Courses Offered in China
- The courses like General Medicine, Clinical Medicine are provided to Undergraduate students.
- The candidate can pursue a master degree in a particular specialized field, after completion of course.
- Instead of these there are 5 other courses prescribed by CMU in the Chinese language.
MD/MS in USA after Completing MBBS in China
Students can go for MD/MS in USA after MBBS in abroad. Students do not have to write NMC Screening Test before or after MBBS in abroad, if they complete MD / MS in USA. That means, on completion of MBBS in China, students can go for PG level (MD / MS) in USA without clearing NMC Test.
The PG degree completed by the students in USA would be valid in India as well as USA.
Also, while pursuing Medicine in America, all the money that students spent while doing MBBS would be paid back by way of a monthly stipend (USD 4,200 Approx.).
Medical PG in Germany after Completing MBBS in China
- Students studying in a good medical university in China which come under the top 10 MBBS colleges in China can get the benefit throughout their life.
- Students generally go for their medical PG in Germany after MBBS in China, though MD in China after MBBS is a good option. Admissions to MBBS in China have been made more direct, simpler and a systematic system.
MBBS Scholarship for Medical Students
Scholarships are provided to the International students. To depend on the respective course of study, Indian students can get Scholarships based on their academic performance.
Here is the list of some of the Scholarships acclaimed by Chinese Government:
- University Scholarships (US)
- Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS)
- Confucius Institute Scholarships (CIS)
- Chinese Local Government Scholarships (CLGS)
Annual Holidays in China
- Qingming Festival
- Chinese New Year or spring Festival
- Dragon boat Festival
- Labor Day or May Day
- Mid-Autumn day
- National day
How Safe is Studying MBBS in China
China is one of the well-sheltered countries in the world, due to high-tech securities Crime rates are very low in China. International students are absolutely safe in China.
Chinese medical universities have CCTV cameras everywhere in the campus, libraries, laboratories, and classes for the security and safety of students. These universities take special care of girl students.
- The weather in China is a mixture of continental monsoon climate, cold winters, and hot summers in general.
- The weather in China is different for different temperature zones, as China has diverse land forms.
- In China, the Tropical zone region cannot experience many cold days and the rainy season is strong in Hainan Province.
Food & Accommodation Facilities
- Chinese cuisine provides a mixture of local as well as cultural foods for international students.
- A low-cost quality meal is provided to the students by the College and University campus. The food costs around 4 to 8 USD.
- For foreign students, the lifestyle in China is quite affordable.
- China is almost less expensive, compared to most of the European countries.
Important Dates for MBBS in China Admission
- The below information is only for reference of the students, as the dates may vary depending on each university in China.
- Applicants should apply as early as possible, as early July to late August is Summer vacation in all China’s universities.
|Application Start Date||March|
|Last Date of Application||September|
|Course Commences from||September|
MBBS in China – Important FAQs
How much is the duration for the MBBS course in China?
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5 years with 1 year of internship, students can do the course anywhere either in student’s own country or China.
How much time is required to get a Student Visa from the Chinese Embassy?
Minimum 4-5 days or Maximum 15 days.
What are the languages used in China?
Mandarin and English.
What about accommodation facilities for students in China?
Yes, Chinese Institutes provides the hostel facilities along with mess for international students.
What is the cost of living in China?
Cost of living in China varies from City to City. Compared to Wenzhou or Tianjin, Beijing and Shanghai would be costlier. Normally Students spend about 60-120 US$ per month depending on the spending habits, eating habits etc.
Is there is any scope after MBBS from China for Indian Students?
The Medicine degree from China is recognized by the National Medical Commission and also it is accepted worldwide.
Is Stipend provided during internship or not?
Yes, stipend is provided during internship in China.
Can students do internship in their own country or not?
Yes, students can do internships in their own country, but it also depends on the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students wants to do the internships.
Are there any services or facilities provided by Universities to International Students?
Yes, the services like opening a bank account, health policies are recommended by Chinese Medical Universities.
For English medium MBBS program, whether the Chinese language is a compulsory course?
For every university which offers MBBS in English, Chinese language course is compulsory. The language spoken on a daily life in China is essential for students when they leave the classroom, even if classes are conducted in English. Knowing Chinese language is beneficial for international students.
Why Study MBBS at China for Indian Students
- Due to the minimum eligibility criteria, it is easy to take admission to MBBS course.
- No entrance test is required for pursuing an MBBS education in China.
- MBBS in China is accepted all over the world.
- A number of employment opportunities are available for Indian as well as International students.
- International exposure is provided to students as many nationalities gather in China together apart from just Chinese or Indians.
- Well-equipped laboratories, spacious library and well-developed classrooms with the state of the art facilities which enable a healthy study environment to students.
- To enhance quality medical education, the NMC Approved universities in China promote international educational aspects.
- As most of the Chinese medical universities provide scholarships, MBBS in China is economical.
- Separate hostel facilities are provided to students.
- Top-ranked universities in China provide Sponsored Scholarships to students.
- Strong economy & safety for Indian Students.
- The MBBS in China is quite affordable. The fees for MBBS courses in China starts at 1.5 lacs per annum.
- More than 50% medical seats in India come under private medical colleges that charge hefty fee (Rs.50 Lakhs to Rs.1 crore). Also, there are around 10 Lakh medical aspirants annually in India and only 70,000 medical seats available. Thus, students prefer studying MBBS abroad. According to a news report from Times of India, among many different countries abroad, China is the most popular destination for studying MBBS.