Dalian Medical University
Table of Content
About Dalian City
Some interesting facts about Dalian city are as follows:
- After Shenyang, which is the provincial capital, Dalian is the second largest city of Liaoning Province.
- Dalian City is governed by the Mayor of the city and its Dalian Municipal People’s Government. On the northern east corner of China, on the seashore, Dalian city is located.
- The Dalian city lies 32m above sea level Generally, and it is cold and temperate in Dalian.
- Dalian experiences much less rainfall in Winter than in summer. The temperature in Dalian averages 11.0 °C.
- According to the 2018 census, the population of Dalian city is 40.87 lakhs.
- Dalian is a famous seaside tourism city and a summer resort thanks to its islets scattered all over like stars, beautiful buildings in the city, picturesque scenery, pleasant climate.
- Dalian city has an efficient Dalian Metro system, known as Qinggui which connects Dalian Development Zone and Jinshitan with downtown Dalian and a comprehensive bus system.
- The Tram system of Dalian is the second oldest in China.
About Dalian Medical University, China
Dalian Medical University was founded in 1947 as Guangdong Medical College in the coastal city Dalian. It is the largest medical university in china. This university admits the most MBBS candidates in China with European international students.
It is the University under the provincial government. Dalian Medical University is the largest medical university in China and so it enrolls as much as 1300 international students from 82 countries in degree programs. With a building area of 94 acres the university occupies an area of 373 acres and contains 22 teaching and scientific research institutions, 1 affiliated medical school, 9 affiliated hospitals, 6 provincial key labs for universities, etc.
Accreditation and Recognitions
China’s Dalian Medical University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education thereby providing successful career opportunities in the path of success for students :
- Chinese Education Ministry
- Medical Council of India or MCI
- World Health Organisation or WHO
- World Federation of Medical Education or WFME
- Other Renowned Medical Authority
Dalian Medical University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick facts about Dalian Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||70% in PCB (for all, average)|
|Neet Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||CNY 40000 / Year|
|Course Duration||5+1 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 516, World – 3751|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Dalian Medical University
Students live an excellent life at Dalian medical university as it provides many facilities to its students:
- The student life in the university is simply great with fantastic ambience as well as atmosphere which are perfectly suited for studies.
- Studying MBBS at Dalian Medical University would be the ideal decision for students as the university has highly qualified and friendly faculty members.
- At Dalian Medical University, there is a facility of Indian food on campus. Also, there are a lot of Indian eateries available in and around the campus.
- At Dalian Medical University students get their national holidays.
- Students may go to the place that they want or plan to visit their home countries during the holidays.
- The internship of Dalian Medical University provides students with normative clinical skills, excellent professional quality, and they can get an effective international medical practice under the guidance of a superior doctor on the basis of solid knowledge and can become independent international practitioners.
- At Dalian University, there are cafeteria, common canteen and restaurant on the campus.
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Dalian Medical University
There are many positive points to be taken into note as the advantage of studying the MBBS from Dalian Medical University.
Here below we are going to list down some specific points for your consideration.
- The medium of study at the University is English which is very compatible with the international students.
- The University offers direct admission to the aspirants without any entrance examination.
- The medical infrastructure of the University is based on the modern syllabus for the ease and convenience of the students.
- The faculty of the University is world class and highly experienced.
- The University also offers several kinds of scholarship programs to financially back the aspirants.
Dalian Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx. in CNY)||45000||40000||40000||40000||40000||40000|
|Hostel (approx. in CNY)||8000||8000||8000||8000||8000||8000|
|Medical + Insurance (approx. in CNY)||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Registration Fee (approx. in CNY)||1000||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total (approx. in CNY)||55000||49000||49000||49000||49000||49000|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.5.83 Lakhs||Rs.5.19 Lakhs||Rs.5.19 Lakhs||Rs.5.19 Lakhs||Rs.5.19 Lakhs||Rs.5.19 Lakhs|
- 1 CNY = Rs.10.60
- Application, visa, flight tickets, etc. will cost extra.
- Food charges will be separate per year.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Dalian Medical University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Dalian Medical University is 5 years where a additional of 1 year of internship can be done in India or China.
Dalian Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Dalian Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Pathology||Genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Dalian Medical University is as follows:
- Students must have completed 12th standard of their education or any equivalent education with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- The applicant must possess a non-China nationality.
- Age of the students must be minimum 17 years and maximum 26 years.
- Students or applicants must have good academic records and should provide all the certificates at the time of admission.
- Applicants should have fluency in the English language. They must have a valid IELTS or TOEFL score.
- He/she should be physically and mentally fit.
- Clearing NEET with qualifying marks is required for all the candidates.
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Dalian Medical University:
Step 1: Students who fit in the required eligibility criteria for Dalian Medical University must fill the application form of the university.
Step 2: Students must upload the required application documents.
Step 3: Students or applicants must be fully prepared with the photocopies or the scanned copies of the documents.
Step 4: In order to proceed for the MBBS admission at Dalian Medical University Students or applicants should receive the admission letter or the invitation letter from the university.
Step 5: The completed form and all the copies of the necessary documents should be submitted to the University by the candidate.
Step 6: The necessary application fees should be paid by the applicants.
Step 7: Students should get a proper visa and start their trip to the university after tracking the admission status.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Dalian Medical University:
- Application form
- Passport size photo – One
- Mark sheets and certificates of class 11 and 12 from the respective board of education
- School leaving certificate
- Scanned copy of a valid passport having minimum 1 year validity including the photo page as well
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any in the field of sports, dancing, studies, etc
- All the documents should be notarized and attested from the relevant authorities
Dalian Medical University : Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Dalian Medical University:
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Dalian Medical University:
- According to the demands of international students, Dalian Medical University (DMU) offers accommodation.
- The accommodation of Dalian Medical University consists of four dorms of 680 rooms.
- To provide a safe and secure residential and studying environment, the university’s security service provides 24-hour support 7 days per week.
- Dalian Medical University offers twin beds facilities in suite rooms with shared living so that students can learn sharing, mixing in a group and also to live in a multicultural environment.
- There are various options of dormitories for students like female dormitory, male dormitory, mixed dormitory etc.
Living Cost in Dalian City
The cost of living at Dalian city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.24 – Rs.1210|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1610 – Rs.1650|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs. 21.5|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 967|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Costs between Rs.19877 – Rs.30000|
Courses offered at Dalian Medical University
The different faculties and departments at Dalian Medical University are as follows:
- The First Affiliated Hospital
- The Second Affiliated Hospital
- The Third Affiliated Hospital
- Institute of Laboratory Animal Sciences
- Cancer Centre
- School of Somatology
- Introduction of College of Basic Medical Sciences
- Institute of Medical Education
- School of Laboratory Medicine
- Nursing School
- College of Pharmacy Profile
- Advanced Institute for Medical Sciences
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Dalian Medical University:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month after submission|
|Last Date of Application||15th September, 2021|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
Why Study MBBS at Dalian Medical University?
Below are some of the advantages of studying MBBS at Dalian Medical University:
- The medium of study at Dalian Medical University is English and it is very compatible with the international students.
- The University offers direct admission to the medical aspirants without any entrance examination and donation fees.
- For the ease and convenience of the students, the medical infrastructure of the University is based on the modern syllabus.
- To financially back the aspirants, the University also offers several kinds of scholarship programs.
- The university has three affiliated hospitals with more than 6,000 beds.
- Students of this university get various opportunities of training or working in world-famous companies like Mindray, Neusoft, etc.
- The university has a beautiful campus and comfortable dormitories.
- Students can experience a multicultural environment at the university.
- Dalian Medical University arranges for MCI coaching for the Indian students which is certainly of great benefit to them which necessarily eliminates a lot of their worries.
Dalian Medical University – Important FAQs
Are there any affiliated hospitals of the university?
There are 3 directly affiliated teaching hospitals of Dalian Medical University with nearly 8,700 beds namely the First Affiliated Hospital, the Second Affiliated Hospital and the Third Affiliated Hospital.
Which are the documents needed for a student visa to China?
Following documents are required for a student visa to China:-
- Original Admission Letter
- Original JW202 Study Visa Form
- Passport and
- Duly signed (by doctor) Health Check up result form and sealed by government hospital in students country.
Is learning Chinese language compulsory for students while studying at the university?
Even though the program is taught in English at Dalian Medical University, international students must study Chinese language according to the Ministry of Education, China. International students are required to pass just the basic level of Chinese language (HSK4) and the classes for this are just offered in the first two years, three times per week. From the third year, students need to practice with Chinese patients, so students need to know basic Chinese language and it will also be helpful for them in daily life.
Is there any provision to take us from the local airport to the university?
Yes, there is a facility of airport pick up service for the international students in groups from the local airport – Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport to the campus. But to avail this facility, students should send a detailed departure schedule to the college’s representative minimum 5 working days prior so that the university can pick up without any delay.
How is the library of the university?
The building of Qizhen Library of Dalian university was set up in 2007 with an area of over 20,000 sq.meter, including 2,000 seats and 1,000 computers with internet access. The library consists of traditional books, magazines and e-reading areas, Humanities & Arts books, Individual Study Room, Collective Study Room and so on.
Does the university have any collaborative relationships with other universities?
Yes, the university has established close collaborative relationships with over a hundred universities and research institutions from more than 30 countries and regions of the world.