Table of Content
About Zhenjiang City
Below are some of the key points about the Zhenjiang city:
- In Jiangsu Province, in the southwest of China, located is Zhenjiang.
- It has a long history, pleasant weather, and beautiful scenery.
- Zhenjiang is China’s famous historic and cultural city.
- The most popular places here are Jiao Mountain and Beigu Mountain, and Jin Mountain, which are along the Yangtze River.
- Zhenjiang has a more simple and quiet Chinese flavor, also known as the “Oriental Romantic Town”, when compared to cities like Shanghai, Beijing, or Guangzhou.
- A rich offer of Chinese language and culture is provided by Zhenjiang city.
- Zhenjiang city has warm-hearted and friendly people and thus students can practice Chinese language.
- Students will experience the magic of multiple cultures, en|oy the lifestyle of this small town, and explore the charm of Chinese culture.
- The Zhenjiang city lies 17m above sea level.
- The climate in Zhenjiang city is warm and temperate.
- The city experiences a significant rainfall throughout the year. Even the driest month of the city still has a lot of rainfall.
- The average annual temperature in Zhenjiang city is 15.5° C.
About Jiangsu University, China
Jiangsu University is a national key university in China. In one-hundred years of schooling, we adhere to the motto of Knowledge, Truth and Virtue. It is committed to educating talents with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to the society.
The university seeks to integrate social service into its schooling. It equips itself with various disciplines, renowned scholars, innovative teams, advanced teaching and experimental facilities, and high-quality teaching resources. Lying in Yangtze River Delta, one of the most developed areas in China. The university offers important support of talents, science and technology to the area’s economic and social development and even the whole country.
Economic globalization has not only accelerated the international flow of capital, resources, knowledge and talents, but more significantly made the whole world an international community. As a member of this community, Jiangsu University is launching the new orientation of schooling for high-level, research-oriented universities with strength of engineering and strategy of internationalization. It offers a platform for peoples from different cultures to build their life and pursue excellence.
As the president of Jiangsu University, I would like to invite you to join us, as a prospective student, colleague or partner to make contribution to the development of human civilization.
Accreditation and Recognitions
China’s Jiangsu University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa)
Jiangsu University – Quick Highlights 2020
Given below is the table for quick facts about Jiangsu University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB (for all, average)|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||CNY 34000|
|Course Duration||5+1 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 50, World – 582|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Jiangsu University
Students live an excellent life at Jiangsu University as it provides many facilities to its students:
- Jiangsu University organizes foreign students to take part in various activities in and outside university and tries to help foreign students understand Chinese culture and feel the happiness of studying in China.
- The university organizes national or international training programs for internationalized professional teachers or lecturers to take part in.
- With lots of universities and educational or research institutions all over the world, Jiangsu University School of Medicine has established long-term cooperative relationships and hence students can participate in various international student exchange programs.
- The university has about ten canteens all around the campus offering delicious and different kinds of food for international students.
- There are also some cafes in the campus of Jiangsu University which offer coffee, fruit juice, tea, and simple fast food.
- Students can also use a public kitchen to cook delicious food in the dormitory.
- Students can experience a multicultural environment and can also participate in various sports events like basketball, football, volleyball, and badminton.
- Thus looking at the excellence of all aspects, Jiangsu University School of Medicine will be an ideal and happy place for foreign students to study medicine in China.
Jiangsu University – MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for Jiangsu University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx. in CNY)||34000||34000||34000||34000||34000||34000|
|Tuition Fee (approx. in USD)||4760||4760||4760||4760||4760||4760|
|Hostel (approx. in CNY)||4900||4900||4900||4900||4900||4900|
|Hostel (approx. in USD)||685||685||685||685||685||685|
|Medical + Insurance (approx. in CNY)||4000||500||500||500||500||500|
|Medical + Insurance (approx. in USD)||560||70||70||70||70||70|
|Registration Fee (approx. in CNY)||400||–||–||–||–||–|
|Registration Fee (approx. in USD)||56||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total (approx. in CNY)||43300||39400||39400||39400||39400||39400|
|Total (approx. in USD)||6062||5516||5516||5516||5516||5516|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.4.24 Lakhs||Rs.5.35 Lakhs||Rs.3.86 Lakhs||Rs.3.86 Lakhs||Rs.3.86 Lakhs||Rs.3.86 Lakhs|
- 1 CNY = Rs.10.60
- Application, visa, flight tickets, etc. will cost extra up to Rs.80,000 to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
- Food charges will be separate per year.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
- The university fees would be paid directly to the university bank account or would be carried in form of Yuans or US Dollars.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Jiangsu University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Jiangsu University is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship.
Jiangsu University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS Course at Jiangsu Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Pathology||Genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Jiangsu University is as follows:
- Candidate’s age should be over 18 years and under 25 years.
- Candidate’s mental and physical health should be good.
- Students must have completed 12th standard of their education or any equivalent education with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th standard as their main subjects.
- The applicant must possess a non-China nationality.
- Students must provide all the certificates at the time of admission and they must have good academic records.
- Applicants should have fluency in the English language.
- He/she should be physically and mentally fit.
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Jiangsu University:
Step 1: Students who fit in the required eligibility criteria for Jiangsu Medical University must fill the application form of the university.
Step 2: Students must upload the required application documents.
Step 3: Students must be prepared with the photocopies or the scanned copies of the documents.
Step 4: In order to proceed for the MBBS admission at Jiangsu University Students or applicants should receive the admission letter or the invitation letter from the university.
Step 5: The completed form along with the copies of the necessary documents should be submitted to the University by the candidate.
Step 6: Applicants must pay the necessary application fees.
Step 7: Once students track the admission status, they should get a proper visa and start their trip to the university.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Jiangsu Medical University:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Passport size photographs
- Statement of Purpose (written in min 500 words by the student for the undergraduate program)
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Scorecard of NEET
- Copy of passport
- Gap Certificate (in case if a student is having any Gap in academic years)
- 6 months bank statement of parents / guardian (having min balance equivalent to 1st year’s fee)
- Police Character Certificate
Jiangsu University : Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country & world ranking for Jiangsu Medical University:
Following scholarships are offered at Jiangsu University:
In order to promote, develop, and enhance higher education quality for international students at the Jiangsu province, the provincial government of Jiangsu has set up Jiangsu Jasmine Scholarship for international students. To recruit meritorious international students and scholars for full-time study, Nanjing Medical University is designated by the Jiangsu Provincial government who will be supported by the government to study under this scholarship program.
- Chinese Govt. Scholarship (CSC)
- JSU Presidential Scholarship
- JSU School Scholarships
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- Jasmine Jiangsu Govt. Scholarship
- A&W Enterprise Scholarship
- OEC Scholarship for Excellent Students
- OEC Scholarship for Social Contributors
- JSU HSK Scholarship
Medium of Teaching
Following is the medium of teaching at Jiangsu University:
At Jiangsu Medical University, the medium of teaching is English, and thus language is not a barrier for non-chinese students while studying at this university.
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Jiangsu University:
- Jiangsu University provides accommodation to students in a building known as Overseas Exchange building.
- The dormitory executes Hotel Style management. The dormitory supplies international students with double rooms.
- At the hostel, two students share a room and the roommate could be assigned by the University or chosen by the international student after reaching the University.
- There are separate floor accommodations provided for male and female students.
- There is furniture, internet, hot water, telephone, air conditioning, toilet, kitchen, public utilities and washing machines in the dormitory.
- There is staff in charge for cleaning the public area.
- Students are provided with a common kitchen.
- Students living in single, double or triple rooms are provided with a facility of common sitting room and tv.
- All the international students live on campus, and accommodation is very cheap at this university, just about 20~50 RMB per person a day.
Cost of Living at Zhenjiang City
The cost of living at Zhenjiang city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.29 – Rs.720|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1600 – Rs.1610|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.11|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.2402|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Costs between Rs.8274 – Rs.11,476|
Courses offered at Jiangsu University
The various faculties and departments present at Jiangsu Medical University are:
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Jiangsu University:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month|
|Last Date of Application||October 2021|
|Admission Start Date||November 2021|
Why Study MBBS at Jiangsu University?
Below are some of the advantages of studying MBBS Course at Jiangsu University:
- Jiangsu University is one of the top universities in China and it provides medical education with low tuition fees.
- Jiangsu University is recognized by WHO and MCI.
- The students who complete the MBBS course from this university will be eligible to take the medical licensing exam held by medical councils in different countries.
- The teachers and staff of the university are innovative, talented and expert in their respective subjects.
- Students live a very comfortable life at the university.
- The university provides best learning resources to its students, safe and high quality infrastructure.
- Students get the best practical training at the university.
- Jiangsu University School of Medicine has more than 80 affiliated hospitals, practical hospitals, and teaching hospitals for medical international students so that students can get internships and clinical rotation.
- The language of education at the university for studying MBBS is English.
- Jiangsu University School of Medicine has established long-term relationships with almost 67 educational or research institutions and universities in America, England, Germany, France, Italy, Korea, India, Australia, Thailand, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Austria, Ghana and Denmark, etc.
- This gives various opportunities to students like they can get selected for students exchange programs, seminars, attend conferences, etc.
Jiangsu University – Important FAQs
How many campuses does the Jiangsu University have?
Jiangsu University generally consists of four campuses: main campus of jiangsu university, zhongshan campus, MengXi campus, and North campus.
How many affiliated hospitals does the university have?
The Jiangsu university helps the students so that they can pursue their internship in 9 affiliated hospitals of the university which includes Jiangsu university affiliated hospital and Zhenjiang First People’s Hospital.
How is the transportation convenience in the Zhenjiang city?
Between two major metropolises, Nanjing and Shanghai, Zhenjiang is located and all road traffics connecting two cities pass the city. Students can reach these 2 cities by High Speed Train.
Can students get airport pick up at the campus?
Yes, Jiangsu University provides airport pick-up for international students in groups from Nanjing Lukou International Airport to the campus. But to avail this facility students should send detailed departure, transfer and arrival schedules to the university minimum 3 days in advance so that the university can arrange pick up without any delay. Students should note that the airport pick-up service is chargeable, but it’s more convenient and safer than other ways.
How is the transport system in Zhenjiang city?
Between two major metropolises, Nanjing and Shanghai, Zhenjiang city is located and all road traffics connecting these two cities pass the city. Students can reach these 2 cities by High Speed Train.
Do I need to learn Chinese language? Is it compulsory?
According to the Ministry of Education, China, international students must study Chinese language even though the program is taught in English. International students need practice with Chinese patients since clinical classes are taken in hospitals, so they need to know basic Chinese language. It will also be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.