Nanjing Medical University
Table of Content
About Nanjing City
Below are some of the key points about the Nanjing city:
- Nanjing is the capital of Jiangsu province in China and it is abbreviated as Ning.
- Many great scientists, intellectuals & poets, and artists are produced in Nanjing.
- Nanjing is rich in both cultural heritage and historical relics.
- Being the capital of Jiangsu province in China, Nanjing is a city full of vigor and opportunities.
- The people at Nanjing are very loving and caring and one can feel the hospitality here.
- Students can find the city changing and growing every day while Touring, studying and living here, as it is a city with Chinese tradition as the background and full of many modern qualities.
- At Nanjing, the four seasons are distinct, damp conditions can be seen throughout the year.
- The summers are very hot and muggy, while winters are cold and damp, and in between, spring and autumn are of reasonable length.
- Nanjing has developed its economy, industry, commerce, as well as city construction in recent years.
About Nanjing Medical University, China
Nanjing Medical University was established in 1934 in Zhenjiang, but in 1957 it got relocated to Nanjing. It is a university in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China.
In the year 1934, the National Jiangsu Medical College was founded and after moving to Nanjing, it was renamed as Nanjing Medical College in 1957. In 1962, it became one among the first medical universities in China to offer a six-year program.
The Nanjing Medical University was approved to offer master’s and doctoral degree programs in 1981. The University is now among the top Chinese medical universities and was renamed as Nanjing Medical University in 1993.
Accreditation and Recognitions
China’s Nanjing Medical University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- Chinese Education Ministry
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- Hospital and Community Health Services
- Medical Council of India or MCI
- World Health Organisation or WHO
- Council of South Africa for health professionals
- Saudi commissions for health
Nanjing Medical University – Quick Highlights 2021
Given below is the table for quick facts about Nanjing Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September, 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||70% in PCB (for all, average)|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||CNY 34000/year|
|Course Duration||5+1 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 108, World – 1082|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Nanjing Medical University
Students live an excellent life at Nanjing medical university as it provides many facilities to its students:
- Nanjing University provides students excellent and proper lab facilities, apparatus, and infrastructure.
- The university also provides the students an excellent platform by providing them seminars to explore the knowledge, conferences to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- The staff and teachers of the university polish the student’s ability and prepare them for future challenges.
- The university provides the students with the best platform to work on various new techniques and equipment.
- The labs at the university are well-equipped and designed according to the latest technology requirements.
- Medical students get well-placed in reputed companies every year with huge packages at Nanjing University.
- They provide the best platform to students to polish their knowledge and to get a place after the completion of the course.
- At Nanjing University, students are free to work in labs anytime. For students, research labs are always open in the University.
- Students get to experience a multicultural environment as students from all over the world study at the university.
- The university provides very good scope for research. It has a well equipped and rich library.
- Students celebrate many Indian festivals at the university and at the hostels. The university provides students many recreation facilities, a sports center, and scope for extracurricular activities.
Nanjing Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure for Nanjing Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx. in CNY)||34000||34000||34000||34000||34000||34000|
|Hostel (approx. in CNY)||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000|
|Medical + Insurance (approx. in CNY)||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Registration Fee (approx. in CNY)||1000||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total (approx. in CNY)||42000||41000||41000||41000||41000||41000|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.4.45 Lakhs||Rs.4.34 Lakhs||Rs.4.34 Lakhs||Rs.4.34 Lakhs||Rs.4.34 Lakhs||Rs.4.34 Lakhs|
- 1 CNY = Rs.10.60
- Application, visa, flight tickets, etc. will cost extra.
- Food charges will be separate per year.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
- The university fees would be paid directly to the university bank account or would be carried in form of Yuans or US Dollars.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Nanjing Medical University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Nanjing University is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship.
Nanjing Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Nanjing Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Pathology||Genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Nanjing Medical University is as follows:
- Candidate’s age should be over 18 years and under 25 years.
- Candidate’s mental and physical health should be good.
- If the candidates have given State Board Examination then the maximum marks of all the subjects should be 85% or above.
- If the applicants have attended the Central Board of Secondary Education then the maximum marks of all the subjects should be 70% or above.
- If the applicants have attended IGCSE board then the students must have scored “A Grade” or above.
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Nanjing Medical University:
Step 1: Students should log on the application system and upload the required documents. http://admission.njmu.edu.cn/ is the website of the application system.
Step 2: After the applicants submitted all the required documents successfully, the admission office will do the initial review and give feedback within 5 working days. The admission office will send a system message of “pass initial review” and pay a non-refundable deposit, to the applicants who pass the initial review, meanwhile, it will send an electrical Acceptance letter and a formal notice of paying a non-refundable deposit to the applicant’s email.
Step 3: Within 7 days after the candidate received the Acceptance letter, the admitted applicant should pay $2000 or CNY13,000 as a non-refundable deposit
Step 4: The deposit remittance receipt should be uploaded by the admitted applicant to the online application system.
Step 5: After receiving the deposit of the admitted applicant, according to the contact information the applicant left in the application system, Nanjing Medical University (NMU) will send confirmation of admission and the Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the applicant.
Step 6: Along with the Admission Notice and the JW202 form, to apply for the X Visa to study in China, admitted applicants should go to the embassies or consulates of P. R. China. With the originals of the confirmation of admission of Nanjing Medical University, the Physical Examination Form, and the JW202 form, to register on the specified date, admitted applicants are required to come to the School of International Education (SIE), at Nanjing Medical University (NMU).
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Nanjing Medical University:
- Highest diploma/degree certificate (notarized photocopy). If the applicant is working or pursuing study at the time of application, then he/she should submit a work experience certificate or bonafide certificate along with the application form. Documents which are in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Certificate of non-criminal punishment.
- Passport copy within the validity period.
- Transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy): If the Transcripts are in languages other than Chinese or English then they must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- The printed application form having the applicant’s signature.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English in 1000 words or above for applicants who plan to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree.
- Also, applicants who plan to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree should submit two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors in their undergraduates in Chinese or English.
Nanjing Medical University : Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Nanjing Medical University:
Following scholarships are offered at Nanjing Medical University:
- To attract more outstanding international students to study at Nanjing Medical University and in order to further develop the education of international students, Nanjing Medical University has founded the “Nanjing Medical University International Students Scholarship”.
- To help students to pursue a bachelor’s degree or above at Nanjing Medical University (NMU), it has been established to fund excellent international students.
The following types of scholarships are available while studying MBBS at Nanjing Medical University:
|Student Level||Scholarship Category||Value (CNY)|
|Undergraduate||Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Full Scholarship||50,000|
|Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Partial Scholarship||30,000|
|Nanjing Government Scholarship||10,000|
|Entrance Scholarship of NMU- Full Tuition Fee Scholarship||34,000|
|Entrance Scholarship of NMU- Half Tuition Fee||17,000|
|Entrance Scholarship of NMU-1/4 Tuition Fee||8,500|
|General Entrance Scholarship of NMU||5,000|
|Postgraduate||Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Partial Scholarship||30,000|
|Nanjing Government Scholarship||20,000|
|Full Tuition Fee Scholarship of NMU||35,000|
|Half Tuition Fee Scholarship of NMU||17,500|
|PhD||Chinese Government Scholarship||The amount will be decided according to the policy of the China Scholarship Council.|
|Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Full Scholarship||90,000|
|Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship-Partial Scholarship||30,000|
|Nanjing Government Scholarship||20,000|
|Full Tuition Fee Scholarship of NMU||38,000|
Medium of Teaching
At Nanjing Medical University, the medium of teaching is English, and thus language is not a barrier for non-chinese students while studying at this university.
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Nanjing Medical University:
- There are two campuses at the Nanjing Medical University, the Jiangning Campus is in Jiangning District; the Wutai Campus is in Wutai District.
- Both campuses have international students’ apartments.
- Approximately 25-30 RMB/Day is the accommodation’s price.
- To rent a house outside campus is allowed for students.
- All students are guaranteed to get accommodation at the campus.
- It is not necessary to book in advance.
- There is 24 hours check-in service and reception service available.
- Without registration, students cannot move in at the dormitories.
- Students can rent rooms outside the campus.
- There are facilities like air-conditioner, water heater, telephone, water dispenser, single bed, wardrobe, desk and network interface etc. provided at all the apartments.
Living Cost in Nanjing City
The cost of living at Nanjing city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.21 – Rs.1062|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1710 – Rs.1750|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs. 21|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 1497|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Costs between Rs.19770 – Rs.37300|
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Nanjing Medical University:
|Application Start Date||June 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month|
|Admission Start Date||September 2021|
|Last Date of Application||30th September 2021|
Why Study MBBS at Nanjing Medical University?
Below are some of the advantages of studying MBBS at Nanjing Medical University:
- The tuition fee cost is very affordable for world class and the high quality of medical education at Nanjing Medical University is the main advantage of studying here.
- Students can get the opportunity to fulfill further specialization and advancement in medicine at Nanjing University.
- Nanjing University offers quality education and scholarships at a more affordable cost.
- To offer the best medical education in the world, Nanjing University has all the necessary teachers and infrastructure.
- Various types of scholarships are available at the University.
- At Nanjing medical university, various courses are recognized by the WHO and
- Mauritius Medical Council.
- Nanjing Medical University has more than 300 Indian students studying at various levels.
Nanjing Medical University – Important FAQs
How is the campus of the university?
The university has two main campuses namely Wutai and Jiangning. These campuses have accommodation facilities for international students.
Can students get Indian food at the University?
Yes, Nanjing medical university not only provides Indian food to the students but it has options of other cuisines as well.
How many Indian students are studying at the Nanjing university?
There are on an average 300 Indian students who are studying currently at the university.
Can I come back to India after completing the degree?
Yes, you can come back to India and do the internship as internship in Nanjing University is not compulsory.
How is the library of the university?
The University library stands out in the Jiangsu province with about 1,070,000 papered medical resources, 1,500,000 e-resources, and more than 6,000 journals from a variety of languages. The University solely publishes about 11 academic journals.
Is there any affiliated hospital of the university?
Nanjing Medical University, China has twenty-four affiliated hospitals and more than fifty teaching hospitals in Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shanghai, and Shandong Provinces.