Table of Content
About Qingdao City
Qingdao also spelled Tsingtao, is a major city in the east of Shandong Province on China’s Yellow Sea coast. It is also a major nodal city of the One Belt, One Road (OBOR) Initiative that connects Asia with Europe. It has the highest GDP of any city in the province.
Administered at the sub-provincial level, Qingdao has jurisdiction over six districts and four county-level cities. As of 2014, Qingdao had a population of 9,046,200 with an urban population of 6,188,100. Lying across the Shandong Peninsula and looking out to the Yellow Sea, it borders Yantai to the northeast, Weifang to the west and Rizhao to the southwest.
Qingdao is a major seaport, naval base, and industrial centre. The world’s longest sea bridge, the Jiaozhou Bay Bridge, links the main urban area of Qingdao with Huangdao district, straddling the Jiaozhou Bay sea areas. It is also the site of the Tsingtao Brewery, the second largest brewery in China.
The people, facilities, amenities, weather, economic and social conditions have remained a major attraction to foreigners and students. Qingdao has a healthy economy which is further bolstered by the number of tourists Qingdao receives every year.
About Qingdao University, China
Qingdao University is one of the public universities of China which was established in the year 1909 at Qingdao, Shandong, China. The university is quite popular among the international students especially the Indian students. This is turn can be clearly understood from the number of enrolments of international students in Qingdao University thereby making it one of the most preferred destinations of MBBS in China. The president and chairman of Qingdao University is Fan Yuejin. The institute has always focussed on offering top quality education which is exactly the reason as to why it has readily emerged as one of the top destinations for China MBBS. There are more than over 2500 academic staffs and more than about 41000 students who are enrolled with the Qingdao University for pursuing medical study in China. Most importantly, the foreign students count in the university is about 1600.
Qingdao University is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. The MBBS course at Qingdao University is of 6 years. The medium of instruction for all foreign students at Qingdao University is English. The duration of internship at Qingdao University is one year. The students are taught Chinese language in the first year to facilitate communication with the local people of China.
Qingdao University – Quick Highlights 2021
|Basic Eligibility||70 % in PCBE in 10+2|
|NEET Exam||Yes, with qualifying marks|
|Course Fees||CNY 30000/year|
|Course Duration||5+1 Years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Recognition||Approved by NMC and WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Qingdao University
- Qingdao University conducts a number of undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, and doctoral programs along with post doctoral studies in different fields of medicine.
- Qingdao University has a very good and modern campus with the latest infrastructure so that top facilities can be provided to the students who are pursuing their medical course in China.
- The university has low MBBS fees in China which is undoubtedly an added advantage to the students besides its world class teaching methodologies.
- It is certainly a very good destination for MBBS studies from all over the world especially the Indian students to opt for China MBBS
- Qingdao University is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- The admission in Qingdao University is a hassle free process because there is no need for any extra medical entrance exam in China.
- There are separate dormitories for the comfortable accommodation of students at Qingdao University. 5. Qingdao University organizes various student exchange programs.
- Qingdao University provides a healthy environment for interaction among students of all nationalities, which leads to exposure to various culture.
Qingdao University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
|FEES||1ST YEAR||2ND YEAR TO 5TH YEAR|
|Tuition Fee||30,000 RMB|
|Hostel Fee||10,000 RMB|
|Registration Fee||800 RMB|
|Accommodation Deposit||800 RMB|
|Visa Extension & Insurance||1600 RMB|
|Yearly Expense||43,700 RMB|
|Grand Total||2,15,300 RMB (1 RMB = Rs. 10.50/-)|
22,60,650 INR (as on 18th January 2019)
- 1 CNY = Rs.10.60
- Application, visa, flight tickets, etc. will cost extra.
- Food charges will be separate per year.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
- The university fees would be paid directly to the university bank account or would be carried in form of Yuans or US Dollars.
- MISC CHARGES to be paid in the University in 1st year 3000RMB – 4000 RMB (approx. or may increase).
- 6th Year fee will be paid if the student opts for an internship in China.
- Amount is subject to change as per the exchange rates.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Qingdao University
- To practice as a successful doctor, 5 years of classroom training is necessary wherein students will get all the required knowledge and thus the Chinese medical schools are structured to provide 5 years of classroom training.
- Practical training is also provided to students hand in hand.
- Students are then enrolled for 1 year of apprenticeship after successful completion of classroom training which will focus only on practical and hospital training where in students will get a chance to deal with patients in real time, to handle surgeries, operations etc.
- Students can also skip the internship in China and do the same in India. But the NMC screening test is necessary in India.
- Thus, the total duration of the MBBS course in China is 5+1 years.
Qingdao University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS Course at Jiangsu Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Cell Biology||Human Anatomy|
|Chinese Introduction||Chinese Art|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Medical Genetics||Human Anatomy|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|7th Semester||8th Semester|
|9th Semester||10th Semester|
- Min 80% aggregate in 10+2
- 17 year of age as on 31st December in the year of seeking Admission
- NEET Eligibility Mandatory
In order to take admission in Qingdao University, a student must have qualified the NEET exam. The students with a score of at least 75% marks are eligible to study in Qingdao University. The subjects requisite to pursue MBBS at Beihua University are Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
The documents required to take admission in Qingdao University are:
1. Health Certificate
2. Photocopy of valid passport.
3. Passport sized photo.
4. High school academic transcript.
5. High school graduate certificate.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
An aspirant must have the following documents to obtain a visa to study MBBS at Qingdao University:
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity
- 10th certificate and mark sheet
- 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Birth certificate in English and notarized by the proper authority
- Passport-sized Photo – 10 (4.5×3.5, 70% face)
- Official Invitation letter for the medical University
- HIV Test Reports
- Authorization of all archives by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Legalization of all documents by the respective Embassy
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee payment
Qingdao University : Ranking 2020
Hostel & Accommodation
- Qingdao University has three accommodation buildings specially provided for international students. They are the Mingxin Building, buildings No.13, and New building.
- Safe, clean, comfortable and orderly accommodation and living environment for international students has been established.
- International student dormitory buildings have the facility of single and double room accommodation.
- All dorm rooms include a bathroom, TV set, telephone, air-conditioner (doubled as a heating unit), desk lamp, desk and chairs, single bed, mattress, and bedding, which include pillows, blankets, and sheets.
- There is a 7-11 convenience store in the Qingdao University campus where many daily use items, snacks, drinks, and miscellaneous can be found. Convenience Store is open daily 24 hours.
- Each dormitory building at Qingdao University includes laundry facilities and the hostels have shared kitchens on every second floor in the dormitory building.
- All rooms can be equipped with a wireless Internet connection. All bathrooms include a shower and a Western toilet.
- There is cafeteria in Minxing Building providing a variety of Chinese dishes. The price of each dish is listed on the window above each item. Free soup or porridge is provided every day.
- There are also many restaurants of Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Western styles cuisine all around the Qingdao University campus and almost everywhere in Qingdao.
- Markets & Grocery Stores, Malls & Shopping Centers, bookstores, ATM’s are located very close and at a convenient distance from the University.
Cost of Living at Qingdao City
Qingdao (formerly known as Tsingtao) is a beautiful city located in the north eastern coast of China, close to North and South Korea. As the largest city in Shandong province, it has a population of about 9 million people. The cost of living in Qingdao is much lower than mega cities such as Beijing and Shanghai.
A furnished one-bedroom apartment has a monthly rental rate of US $300 to $700.
A basic meal can cost between $4 to $7 while a three-course meal at a restaurant has a higher price at $25 to $50.
Public transportation fees are relatively low in Qingdao with a one-way ticket averaging $.2, a monthly pass at $9 and a taxi ride for 5 kilometer’s at $3.58.
Utilities which include electricity, heating, gas and water can range from $45 to $200 per month depending on usage, while data, messaging and internet will cost you $15 to $25 per month.
Courses offered at Qingdao University
The following are faculties in the Qingdao University for MBBS China:
- Chinese Medicine
- General Health Care
- Chinese Herbs
- Medicine MD Program
- Life Sciences
- Public Health and Interdisciplinary Courses
- PG Program in Different Medical Fields
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Jiangsu University:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month|
|Last Date of Application||October 2021|
|Admission Start Date||November 2021|
Why Study MBBS at Qingdao University?
- University offers a large number of courses in different disciplines.
- The MBBS tuition fee at Qingdao University is low as compared to different institutions.
- No donation required for admission.
- Opportunities for internships and scholarships at Qingdao University.
- Medical courses offered by the university is in English.
- Accommodation for international students is at affordable charges with having hostel and dormitories.
- The student life of Qingdao University is such that every student will fall in love with it.
- The environment here is not only good for learning but also great for entertainment and side enjoyment.
- The university’s library has introduced more than 20 domestic and foreign databases, which are available through the campus network.
- World-class library having more than a million books availability.
- University provides various graduate, undergraduate and doctoral programmes.
- Wide range of seminars and curricular activities to enhance personality development.
- Several campuses have gymnasiums, stadiums and facilities like badminton, volleyball, table tennis and artistic gymnastics, encouraging more holistic development in students.
- The university offers various scholarships to support students financially.
Qingdao University – Important FAQs
Do a unified entrance examination is needed to take admission for international aspirants in Qingdao University?
To take admission for international aspirants currently no entrance examination is needed. Aspirants who will pass the verification of eligibility or qualification, for the related college or school then the institute will take a video interview assessment (via Skype), checking the aspirant’s language communication skills, academic abilities, overall merit, etc.
What sort of accommodation Qingdao University provides for students?
Qingdao University has three accommodation buildings specially provided for international students. They are the Mingxin Building, buildings No. 13, and New building. Safe, clean, comfortable and orderly accommodation and living environment for international students has been established
What are the programs which are available in Qingdao University?
With 34colleges, Qingdao University encompasses 100 undergraduate programs covering such disciplines as liberal arts, art, history, philosophy, sciences, engineering, medicine economics, management, law and education.
Can currently aspirants in China apply for the CSC-Chinese University Program in Qingdao University?
Qingdao University opened admissions into all degree programs in sponsorship with China Scholarship Council; Qingdao University (CSC) Scholarship for academic session 2021-2022. Applicants can either apply to the CSC Qingdao University degree program.
Where can I open a Bank Account?
Towards the left side of the main gate in Ningxia Road, there is Bank of Qingdao (Living expenses of all scholarship students will be deposited here, so scholarship students must open an account here）and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC); or you can take Bus no. 31 or 316 and get down at Yuanyang Guangchang station (3rd stop) to open an account in Bank of China (Currency Exchange can be done at Bank of China)