Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Table of Content
About Tbilisi City
- The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains.The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains.
- Tbilisi is a political, economic, and cultural center of Georgia, which offers lots of fun for locals and tourists.
- Tbilisi city is the capital of Georgia.
- The city of Tbilisi experiences very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- The official and most widely spoken language in Georgia is Georgian. Other common languages include Azerbaijani, Russian, English, Assyrian, Urum, and Svan among other languages.
- Tbilisi receives significant rainfall throughout the year like other regions of Georgia with no distinct dry period.
- Tbilisi city has ‘Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport’ which is Tbilisi’s only international airport, located about 18 kilometers southeast of the city center.
About Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was founded in 1918 and it is based in Tbilisi in Georgia. It is the oldest university in the Caucasus region as well as Georgia.
Ivane Javakhishvili was the main founder of the university and he was a Georgian historian and academist.
The university has five branches in the region of Georgia which includes six faculties including humanities, law, economics and business, medicine, and social and political sciences, a scientific library, seven museums, 60 scientific-research laboratories and centers, and a publishing house.
With universities, educational and foreign scientific centers, like UNESCO, the University of Saarland in Germany, Brunel University in the United Kingdom as well as the Association of European Universities, and the Council of Europe, Tbilisi State University is associated.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Works closely with the following organizations:
- National Medical Commission – NMC
- World Health Organization – WHO
- World Federation of Medical Education – WFME
- Foreign Medical Alumni Education Commission – ECFMG
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – Quick Overview
Take a look at some of the basic information about Ivane Javakshishivili Tbilisi State University:
|Last Date to Apply||Sept 2021|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||Rs.4.20 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 1, World Rank – 2726|
|Recognition||NMC, WHO, WFME Approved|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- The university offers affordable education for all students so that the student does not have to face any money related problems in order to get admission.
- The balance of better prospects for the students is provided by the university.
- English Medium Curriculum is also followed by the university so that they do not have to face any problem while studying at the university.
- The students get the freedom for thinking abilities at this university.
- The university has global contacts.
- The degree obtained by the student is a globally recognized degree.
- High-Quality Education is provided to the students that too at a cheaper cost.
- The students learn innovative thoughts.
- The university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Colleges.
- The student doesn’t have to give any exam of IELTS or TOEFL in order to get admission
- The student has to give no donation.
- English Medium Education is given to all the students.
- The degree obtained is a Universally Approved Degree.
- The university has the best Teacher-student Ratio
- Universal Stance and Enlarged Perspectives.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
Following is the structure for Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University’s fees for MBBS:
|Course Fee in USD (approx)||$6000|
|Course Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.4,20,000|
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)||Rs.2,80,000|
|Medical Insurance in Rupees (approx)||Rs.17,500|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Georgia.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The course duration at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for MBBS course is 6 years:
The 6 years MBBS course is divided into 5 years of theoretical and practical education while the last one year for the compulsory internship.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – MBBS Syllabus
Students pursuing MBBS from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University undergo learning about these important subjects and syllabus:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th – 6th Year
|General Surgery, ENT, Neurology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Medium of Teaching
The medium of teaching at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for MBBS course is:
- English language
- Georgian language
Students can choose between the languages for their degree.
Students with all the eligible documents and fulfilling all the following conditions can apply for the MBBS course at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University:
- All candidates should be at least 17 years old and they must have a valid passport.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate 50% marks in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English can apply.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th class if he/she is from SC/ST/OBC category.
- Students with English proficiency can study in Georgia as per European Regulations. Students must possess excellent skills in English writing and speaking.
Taking admission for MBBS course to Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is simple:
Step 1: A filled application form should be sent to the Department of International Relations with valid ID and address proofs, educational documents, an international passport to get admission to the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
Step 2: The feedback can be expected from the Department within the next 3 working days if the candidate is found eligible.
Step 3: After 7 days, the university will issue an admission letter, once the documents of the students are verified.
Step 4: Students will get assistance from the university in getting confirmed VISA and clearing other legal obligations from the ministry.
Step 5: The candidate can expect feedback within the next 5 working days. If all the documents are fine, the department will send you the scanned copy of the invitation letter.
Step 6: After receiving the invitation letter, candidates can make the payments.
Step 7: On the basis of the invitation letter, the visa process can be carried out by the candidates.
Step 8: Once the candidates receive a student visa, they can plan their travel accordingly.
Step 9: All the candidates should keep in mind that they should inform the university about their arrival at least 7 days before.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Students are advised to have all the following documents ready before taking admission to MBBS course.
These documents are essential for taking admission to MBBS degree at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- 6 passport size photos
- Passport with minimum 1-year validity
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Medical Certificate showing absence of HIV infection
- School passing/leaving certificate
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University: Ranking 2021
Refer Uni rank for the country and world ranking of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University mentioned below:
Facilities at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has 8 branches with 46 faculties, 3 scientific-research, and study-scientific institutes, 81 scientific-research laboratories, and centers:
- There are 161 study laboratories and rooms, publishing and editorial houses, clinical hospitals, and diagnostic centers.
- The university has a library with 3,650,000 items.
- It provides a hostel facility with 5 dormitories.
- The infrastructure of the university is improving every year.
- The university has purchased all the necessary and modern equipment in the last few years.
- The computer laboratories and classrooms of the university have been equipped with modern technologies.
- The classrooms are big and well-ventilated.
Hostel & Accommodation
The university provides comfortable and well equipped accommodation for students:
- The new campus of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University accommodates 320 students.
- It unites three four-story residential buildings, as well as one administrative building, housing a resource room, conference room, medical center, laundry, library, cafe, computer room and other infrastructure that will provide students with a comfortable environment.
- The campus has hotel-type rooms with two of them specifically designed for people with disabilities. The entire infrastructure of the campus has been adapted to the needs of people with disabilities.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- The University provides all the basic facilities to students who stay at the university hostels.
Living Cost in Tbilisi City
Tbilisi makes an excellent base for those who want to be in a European city but with a comparatively low budget without having to submit to the high prices of Western and Central Europe and that they can live very comfortably there on a much lower salary:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Rent (approx)||200 – 350||14,000 – 25,000|
|Food||40 – 45||2800 – 3150|
|Transportation Cost||10 – 15||700 – 1050|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has the following faculties to offer students:
Why Study MBBS at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University?
The following are reasons for Indian students planning to pursue MBBS from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. A few of the major attractions are as mentioned below:
- MBBS degree from this university is recognized worldwide.
- The degree is taught in the English medium of instruction.
- The university offers the best education in medicine across the world.
- The university offers multiple specializations in the medical field.
- The university provides a facility to pursue a number of courses under a single roof.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is listed in WHO and NMC and thus it is recognized globally.
- The students who study MBBS at this university can take advantage of students exchange programs from Canada, USA, Europe, Australia.
- Hostels are available for students studying MBBS at this University.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Following table explains the academic timetable and important dates about the admission process:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start date||June 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||September 2021|
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – Important FAQs
Are there any international airports near Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University from the convenience point of view of students?
Yes, there are 4 airports near Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University namely:
- Tbilisi Airport
- Ganja International Airport
- Shirak International Airport
- Zaqatala International Airport
How many students are studying at the university currently?
There are about 39,000 students studying at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
How is the library of the university?
The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has a big library which has more than 37,00,000 books and periodicals, printing press, 161 study laboratories and rooms, publishing and editorial houses, clinical hospitals, and diagnostic centers, and a publishing house.
What are the different facilities provided by the university?
The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University consists of 5 branches in Georgia, 60 research centers and laboratories, 7 museums, printing press, a huge scientific library, publishing house, etc.
Can I work outside Georgia after completing my degree from the university?
Yes, students can work anywhere in the world, once they complete their degree from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, as the degree is globally recognized.
What facilities are provided at the university hostel?
The hostel of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University unites three four-story residential buildings, as well as one administrative building, housing a resource room, laundry, library, conference room, medical center, cafe, computer room and other infrastructure that will provide students with a comfortable environment.