Tbilisi State Medical University
Table of Content
About Tbilisi City
- The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains.The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains.
- Tbilisi is a political, economic, and cultural center of Georgia, which offers lots of fun for locals and tourists.
- Tbilisi city is the capital of Georgia.
- The city of Tbilisi experiences very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- The official and most widely spoken language in Georgia is Georgian. Other common languages include Azerbaijani, Russian, English, Assyrian, Urum, and Svan among other languages.
- Tbilisi receives significant rainfall throughout the year like other regions of Georgia with no distinct dry period.
- Tbilisi city has ‘Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport’ which is Tbilisi’s only international airport, located about 18 kilometers southeast of the city center.
About Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia
The Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is the medical school that leads to Georgia and one of the academic and scientific leaders throughout the Caucasus region, based in the institutions in the early twentieth century. The history of the highest medical education in Georgia represents about 100 years, and in fact, this is the history of the order of doctors.
Tbilisi State University Medical School (1917-1970), Tbilisi State Medical Institute (1933-1991), Tbilisi State Medical University (1992 – to date) – are considered stages of institution development unique training, traditional and powerful superior, undivided organism: Tbilisi State Medical University.
Today, TSMU is considered the most successful medical school in Georgia, where more than 7,000 undergraduate and master’s and doctoral programs receive education, including 2,000 students from 43 countries around the world. Over 1,000 doctors and dentists (dentists) participate in residency programs and post-graduate training.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Tbilisi State Medical University is accredited & recognized by:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United Nations Organization (UN)
- Educational Commission for graduates in foreign medicine (ECFMG)
- Foundation for the Advancement of Education and International Medical Research (FAIMER)
- Our Indian graduates can obtain full registration at the National Medical Commission after passing the screening test
Tbilisi State Medical University – Quick Overview
The worldwide students must check out some major overview of Tbilisi State Medical University:
|Last Date to Apply||September 2021|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||Rs. 6.93 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English & Georgian|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 7, World Rank – 7508|
|Recognition||NMC, WHO & UNESCO approved|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University
Students life at Tbilisi State Medical University is the wonderful experience with a rewarding growth opportunities:
- At Tbilisi State Medical University, the university encourages the students to participate in extracurricular activities and enhance the career exposure and accomplish the lifelong personality.
- The university has many organizations, clubs, sports centers that offer the student exchange programs and international projects.
- The university relishes the experience of students while pursuing the course of medicine at Georgia. Students will get a rewarding experience to earn and gain the excellent potential for life.
Tbilisi State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
Tbilisi State Medical University offers quite an affordable fee structure to the students for MBBS education:
|Course Fee in USD (approx)||$ 9,900|
|Course Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs. 6,93,000|
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)||Rs. 40,000|
|Total Fees||Rs. 7,33,000|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Georgia.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University
The course duration required for studying medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University has been given below:
- MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University lasts for a period of 6 years excluding a 1-year internship at India.
- The first 3 years are dedicated to academic and theoretical medical education & the last 3 years consist of clinical courses with internship practice.
Tbilisi State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
Refer the syllabus of Tbilisi State Medical University for a given MBBS course:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Anatomy I||Medical Ecology|
|Cytology, Emiology, Histology I||Pathology I|
|Cell Biology||Medical Microbiology II|
|Foreign Language I||Public Health & Health Mgmt|
Communication in medicine
|Foreign Language II||Pharmacology I|
|Cytology, Embryology, Histology II||Medical History|
|Molecular Biology and Genetics||–|
|Clinical Clerkship I||–|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Medical Radiology||Internal Medicine I|
|Propaedeutic of internal medicine||Surgery|
|Pharmacology II||Internal Medi II|
|Operative Surgery||Infectious diseases I|
|Bioethics & Deontology||Pediatric I|
|Behavioral Science||Neurology I|
|Allergology||Infectious diseases I|
|Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
|Neurology II||Syndrome based & differential diagnosis|
|Pediatrics II||Medical Surgery IV|
|Emergency Medicine I||Dentistry and facial surgery|
|Clinical Clerkship II||Vascular Surgery|
|Infectious Diseases II||–|
|Traumatology and Orthopedics||–|
Medium of Teaching
There is no language barrier for the students who want to pursue medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Tbilisi State Medical University is the leading medical university in Georgia & has completed 85 years of education in medicine.
- The university offers a 6 year MD course for UG students in the English language.
- Students can also undertake a Georgian language course for exploring the bilingual culture of Georgia.
The admission prerequisites required for applying MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Applicant’s age should be a maximum of up to 25 years.
- The applicant must be 10+2 passed from a recognized degree.
- NEET is an obligatory exam for applying MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University.
- Applicant having a degree relevant to the field of science also eligible to apply.
- IELTS & TOEFL is required to be cleared by the applicants for proving proficiency in the English language.
Students who wish to take admission to Tbilisi State Medical University need to follow the simple admission procedure:
Step 1: Start a new application & fill the online application form.
Step 2: After submission of the application, the university will issue the offer letter to the respective candidate.
Step 3: On the basis of the offer letter, the admission office will start the enrollment process of the candidates.
Step 4: The university has two annual intakes. There are no deadlines for admissions (applicable If any).
Step 5: The procedures including translation, notarization & recognition take approximately 2-4 weeks.
Step 6: Students can join the spring academic semester & fall academic semester in the month of February or September.
Step 7: After receiving the offer letter, students can apply for a visa.
Visa & Immigration Process
After getting an invitation letter from Tbilisi State Medical University, students can apply for the visa:
- In September 2014, Georgia launched the new visa policy.
- As per the policy the stateless persons have the rights to enter in Georgia without any visa for the short-term visits.
- For foreign nationals, who want to pursue education in Georgia, they are required to apply for a student visa in the respective embassy of the country.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Below is document checklists for MBBS course at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Application payment receipt
- Copy of passport
- High School Certificate
- NEET report card
- Medical certificate
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
Tbilisi State Medical University : Ranking 2021
As per the uniRank system, the country and world ranking of Tbilisi State Medical University is:
Тbіsіlі Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу – FMGE Performance 2019
Тbіsіlі Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу gives one of the best FMGE results in passing percentage. Here is the FMGE 2019 passing percent for the same:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Тbіsіlі Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу||592||177||29.90%|
Hostel and Accommodation
No hostel facilities are available at the Tbilisi State Medical University:
- The Tbilisi State Medical University does not offer any on-campus accommodation to international students.
- Students need to opt for off-campus accommodation that costs around 300-500 USD per month.
Living Cost in Tbilisi City
Below is the living cost of Tbilisi, Georgia:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Accommodation||286 – 314||20,000 – 22,000|
|Food||71 – 114||5000 – 8000|
|Transportation Cost||11 – 21||800 – 1500|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Tbilisi State Medical University
Below are the faculties offered at Tbilisi State Medical University:
The Tbilisi State Medical University organizes the exchange programs implemented & funded by the European Government within the framework of Erasmus+ activity KA 107:
Erasmus+ program performed within:
- At all levels of education: UG, PG and Doctoral Levels
- Mobility of Administrative Staff
The purpose of the activity is to promote professional development of students & staff. Within the framework of Erasmus+ program, the university has signed the bilateral exchanges in association with the European Universities of Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany, Great Britain, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Portugal etc.
Why Study MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Following are the benefits of studying medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- The academic quality of learning, teaching and research
- Professional development of academic staff and students
- Protection of social responsibility principles
- Effectiveness and transparency of governing bodies
- Academic freedom of teaching and research
- Internationalization of academic, professional and research cooperation
- Development of traditions of educational, research and professional performance
- Respect for human rights and freedoms
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Program intake for the MBBS course at Tbilisi State Medical University may start in the month of September/February:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start date||June 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||October 2021|
Tbilisi State Medical University – Important FAQs
What types of scholarships are provided at Tbilisi State Medical University?
The Tbilisi State Medical University scholarship is provided based on the scores the candidates score at the end of each academic year.
What are the different faculties at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Following are the faculties at Tbilisi State Medical University: Faculty of Dentistry Faculty of Medicine Faculty of Pharmacy Faculty of Public Health Faculty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Faculty of Nursing
Can students do an internship in India after completing MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
For students, University internships are not mandatory. Students can come back to India and do an internship in India. However, due to the high-quality of laboratory and infrastructure, most students prefer to continue the internship at Tbilisi State Medical University. For the students, the enormous patient flow also allows a fantastic practical experience.
Is Tbilisi State Medical University NMC approved or not?
Tbilisi State Medical University is approved and recognized Internationally by the Medical Council of India, World Health Organization, and World Federation for Medicine and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Students.
How is the library of Tbilisi State Medical University?
With tons of data and information, the Tbilisi State Medical University is one of the largest libraries in Georgia. The University is linked to scientific databases like Science Direct and HINARI. The library has got more than 7000 books, scientific magazines, periodicals, journals, etc.
When was the Tbilisi State Medical University established?
In 1918, Tbilisi State Medical University was founded. It is one of the largest universities in Georgia for studying MBBS