Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
Table of Content
About Almaty City
Interesting facts about the Almaty city are as follows:
- Almaty is the busiest and the biggest city in Kazakhstan. The city is arranged in the uneven locale in the lower regions of the Trans-ili Alatau Mountains of the southern part of Kazakhstan.
- Fund areas are accepted to be probably the biggest business in the city.
- The city has historical centers, parks, a few significant landmarks, engineering locales, and so on. A portion of the significant attractions incorporates Big Almaty Lake, Zenkov Cathedral, the Museum of National Musical Instruments, and so forth.
- Almaty city has 80 sq.m. of green plantations for each of its million-odd residents and it is called a garden city.
- With cold winters and sweltering summers, the normal atmosphere in the city is named as a damp mainland atmosphere.
- Almaty has an area of 339 sq. km. with a population of about 1,404,000 (2010).
|Batumi Botanical Garden||Gonio Apsaros Fortress||Batumi Boulevard|
|Ali & Nino Statue||Argo Cable Car||Batumi Dolphinarium|
|6 May Park||Batumi Piazza||Alphabetic tower|
About Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University was founded in 1934. It is the leading institution of the system of higher education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and it is the oldest classical university in the republic.
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University Kazakhstan is one of the top Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan. The Al-Farabi University is also known as KAZNU Kazakhstan.
It has taken its name from the renowned philosopher and scholar named Al-Farabi. In the year 2001, this was recognized as the national university. Currently, more than 20,000 students study at the university and there are 2500 faculty members teaching at the university.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has the following accreditation and recognition:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Al-Farabi Kazakh National University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||October|
|Processing Time for MBBS admission||45 – 60 days|
|Annual Tuition Fees||$ 4200 (Rs. 2.94 Lakhs)|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in PCB|
|Course Duration||5 Years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|University Ranking||Country – 1, World – 1474|
|University Recognition||NMC, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
It is important to take care of students’ health to keep them mentally and physically fit. It provides different activities to its students:
- The Youth of the Kazakh National University named after al-Farabi the students, as well as everyone who wants to reach the top.
- Student life at the university should be filled with bright flashes, impressive memories and this university can achieve these goals.
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has the Committee of Youth Organizations KazNU Al – Farabi which is the union of all student organizations and clubs and is a structural unit of the University – the department on work with youth organizations.
- The main goal of this Committee is to provide assistance in the civil, social, and professional fulfillment of students.
- Students studying at this university are provided with many facilities including a hostel, state of the art infrastructure, library, etc.
- Students can take part in student exchange programs, international conferences, seminars, etc. as the university has maintained relations with other universities and colleges.
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure for Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Course Tuition Fee||$4200||$4200||$4200||$4200||$4200|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||Rs.3.43 Lakhs||Rs.3.43 Lakhs||Rs.3.43 Lakhs||Rs.3.43 Lakhs||Rs.3.43 Lakhs|
- $1 = Rs.70
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Kazakhstan.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
The duration of the MBBS course at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is mentioned below:
The duration of the MBBS course at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is 5 years, out of which 1 year is an internship is in India after clearing NEXT.
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology Cell Biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th – 5th Year
|Primary Care Medicine, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is as follows:
- Students must have more than 60% marks in 12th standard.
- Students must have qualified for the NEET-UG examination.
- The age of a student or applicant must be more than 17 years and less than 25 years.
- A student must have chemistry, physics, and Biology as the main subject in 12th standard.
MBBS Admission Process at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
Following is the admission process for applying to the MBBS course at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University:
Step 1: Students should apply online. They should fill the online application form of the university.
Following documents are required for enrolling in the university:
- Copy of the transcript of grade 10, grade 11, grade 12
- school-leaving certificate
- valid passport
Step 2: The students will be informed about the dismissal and acceptance of the application once their documents are evaluated. The student will be informed after 1-2 working days, in the event that a student & application structure is acknowledged. The students will be given the affirmation inside a similar period.
Step 3: Applicants should pay enrollment expenses. Students can pay the fees through net banking or other payment methods, after receiving the confirmation letter.
Step 4: Applicants can then apply for the student visa.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
The following documents are required at the time of admission to Al-Farabi Kazakh National University:
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity)
- Birth Certificate
- 10 passport size Photographs
- The certificate of Secondary school education (after 9th grade)
- The Certificate of High school education (after the 11th grade)
- Passport size photos – 4 (in the size 3×4)
- Address reference
- Identity card and a PIN
- Medical inquiry on Form No. 086-Y
- Characteristics from school
- Bank receipt of University’s payment of 1st-year Tuition fee (required for some Universities)
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University : Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Al-Farabi Kazakh National University:
Hostel & Accommodation
The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University provides excellent hostel facilities:
- At Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, more than 5,000 students live in 14 comfortable modern hostels.
- The warm atmosphere and homely environment is a feature of every hostel on the campus of the university.
- Hostels at the campus of the university are comfortable and safe, students live in two and four- bedrooms on a shared basis.
- Hostels are equipped with Conference rooms, reading rooms and computer classes, Internet WI-FI.
- There is a special body of student welfare dedicated to resolve the problems of students living in hostels which organizes activities and the process of settling students.
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has a beautiful sports center with a gym, welfare, health, sports fields and sections, shopping and entertainment services for students, private cinema, a net of reading rooms, a powerful library that provides students with the necessary educational literature, internet café ,etc.
- The hostel has grocery stores, cafeterias, several buffets that serve indian as well as other types of food.
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University hostels are equipped with surveillance cameras which provide 24×7 security at the hostels.
Cost of Living at Almaty
The cost of living at Almaty city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.20 – Rs.460|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1600 – Rs.1700|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.17|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.1205|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.14500 – Rs.22800|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
The following are the courses offered at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in which students can take their education:
Under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure, the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University offers quality medical programs.
Master in Medicine
Why Study MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying MBBS at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University:
- The students are not required to sit for any entrance examinations before securing admission to the Kazakhstan Medical University.
- The university does not demand any kind of donations.
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side for students who choose to study at this university.
- The university offers top notch education facilities for the students.
- The university offers a safe and engaging environment for all.
- The infrastructure of the university is modern and highly advanced.
- There is a safe and peaceful atmosphere which is good for studies at the university.
- Students are provided with extracurricular activities such as sports facilities, music and other related leisure activities.
- The faculties at the university are cooperative and qualified.
- The medium of instruction in English for the international medical candidates.
- The university has modern and advanced infrastructure.
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University – Important FAQs
How is the infrastructure of the university?
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University being the largest campus in Kazakhstan has an area of 100 hectares. The main building of the university is 15 storey tall. The campus of the university consists of 13 education buildings and scientific laboratories.
Can I get support regarding various issues that may be faced by me while studying at the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University?
Yes, there is a student support system at the university which helps in various regards, such as, Anti Ragging.
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Local Language Learning Classes
What facilities other than hostels are provided to students at the Al-Farabi University?
Following facilities are provided at the Al-Farabi University:
- Computer labs
Does the university provide scholarships to students?
Yes. The alumni associations of the Al-Farabi university fund more than 600 scholarships each year, while the university operates a free legal clinic for those in need in Almaty.
Does the Al-farabi Kazakh National University have international connections?
Yes. The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has strong international relations with more than 300 universities worldwide.
Are there international students at the university?
Yes. There are international students present at the university which are from countries like Nepal, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan, etc