Davao Medical School Foundation
Table of Content
About Davao City
Let’s know more about the city where Davao Medical School Foundation is situated:
Davao city, also known as southern Mindanao, situated at the southeastern part of Mindanao.
People’s park in the center of Davao city is known for its colorful sculptures and lighted fountains-a home to durian done which is named after the pungent, spiky fruit that grows in large amounts in mindanao, and the Davao river cuts through the city.
Here are some best places near Davao city:
- Cebu City
About Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines
Davao Medical School Foundation was the first medical college located in the city of Mindanao and was established in the year of 1976. Davao Medical School Foundation is the best choice for MBBS as the medical aspirants in this university receive clinical training at the southern Philippines medical centre, the broken Shire memorial hospital and San Pedro hospital with 4000 beds.
A consortium, the members of which are the Ateneo de Davao University, Brokenshire Memorial Hospital, the Development of Peoples’ Foundation, San Pedro Hospital and San Pedro College, operates the Foundation. It is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a non-stock, non-profit organization and is approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). In addition to the College of Medicine, DMSF operates a College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary Health Care (IPHC) and a Center for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH).
The school is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals , San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their courses.
There are some 125 Faculty members drawn from a wide range of medical specialties and the total student population of all four years of students is usually around 1,058.
Its unique geographic location, the peace and order, and political stability of Davao City and Region XI has made DMSF an attractive option of foreign medical students. To date there are some 800 foreign medical students at various years of schooling.
Accreditation and Recognitions
ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
Medical graduates who are interested in practicing in the United States should have to take the USMLE test conducted by the ECFMG. Such reputed organization like ECFMG has approved DMSF as the best colleges for medical education.
WHO (World Health Organization)
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. A global organization like WHO has also listed DMSF for providing better healthcare and management.
Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
Commission on Higher Education is the governmental organization for educational purposes in the Philippines. It covers both public and private higher education institutions as well as degree-granting programs.
Medical Council of India (MCI)
The Medical Council (MCI) grants accreditation to medical schools, grants registration to medical practitioners, and monitors medical practice in India. All certified doctors can practice medicine in India only after the approval of MIC through a screening test.
MCI, WHO recognitions and Davao Medical School Foundation world ranking
Recognition from MCI and WHO relaxes a lot of Indian students and parents because they understand they can complete trust the MBBS degree provided by Davao Medical School Foundation. In addition to that, Indian MBBS students who study at Davao Medical School Foundation have consistently scored high pass percentage in MCI screening tests!
Davao Medical School Foundation world ranking is recognized by USMLE. Clearing USMLE exams and doing post graduation in USA is the easiest route to getting a high-paying career and green card in USA. Davao medical college paves an easy way for Indian students who plan to settle in USA!
Davao Medical School Foundation world ranking is also accredited by ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) & FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research). Certification by these international medical organizations ensures that students from Davao Medical College can smoothly transition to work or study further in USA, UK, Europe and other countries of the world.
Advantages of pursuing MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation
Here are some of the top advantages of studying MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian students.
No Donation fee
The Davao Medical School Foundation does not charge any donation for initial admission. The donation charged in most private Indian colleges is much higher. This also provokes a lot of Indian students to apply for studying MBBS in the Philippines.
Affordable MBBS Courses
The Indian students can study MBBS courses in DMSF at very low cost at 8lakhs per year. The cost of living in most of the cities in the Philippines are low. Due to which many Indian students can afford medical education in the Philippines medical colleges.
Top-Quality Medical Courses
The Davao Medical School Foundation offers to learn through practical methods. This helps in understanding the basics and makes them learn completely. The practical learning technique will be helpful for the students to know more about the subjects. Among the top MBBS colleges, DMSF medical college also has its place.
Accredited Medical Degree
A number of external organizations accredited DMSF for their excellent work in the field of Medical Education.
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research )
The Commission of Higher Education (CHED), a government organization in the Philippines accredits DMSF among the best medical college in the Philippines. DMSF students are eligible for taking international medical exams like as USMLE (USA) and FMGE in India.
No Language barrier
In countries like China and Russia, Indian students must learn their official languages like Mandarin and Russian in order to apply for Medical course. But in Davao Medical School Foundation, the Medical classes are taught in English. English is the official language for the Philippine people.
Effective Hands-on Practice
Most of the medical colleges and hospitals in the Philippines allow Indian students to diagnose the patient. In most countries practicing medicine for foreign students is banned. Practical classes are given much importance for the students of DMSF. More than 4000 clinical beds are available for students to practice medicine.
World Class Facilities
Davao Medical School Foundation one among the few medical colleges in the world with 3D simulation lab. The college also has a world-class library with 24*7 internet facilities. Other important facilities such as Anatomy Lab, Computer Lab, Student auditorium, Team learning center are notable advantages of the Davao Medical School Foundation.
Best Accommodation and Indian Food
The separate hostel is available for boys and girls at Davao Medical School Foundation. The college management also looks after the transportation facilities of the Indian students through cabs and busses.
The management has given special importance to the food provided to the students of DMSF. They have both Indian and Filipino cuisines. Also, there are many nearby Indian restaurants for students.
Davao Medical School Foundation – Quick Overview
Refer the table below for quick facts about Davao Medical School Foundation:
|Intake For MBBS Course||August 2020|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||7350 USD|
|Duration Of MBBS Course||5 Years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|Recognition of University||MCI & WHO Approved|
|University Ranking||Philippines ranking- 134|
|Degree Awarded||Medical Doctor|
Benefits of Studying in Davao Medical School Foundation
Following are the benefits of Davao Medical School Foundation:
- Davao Medical School University ranked at 134th position among top medical universities of the Philippines.
- MCI & WHO recognized medical colleges.
- Davao Medical School University has English medium of teaching.
- Good connection with the worldwide reputed medical universities.
- Safe place to study MBBS course.
- Problem-based learning methodology.
- Focus on developing the practical skill of the student.
- The university provides human and integral health sciences education and services with an emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement.
Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines – Fee Structure 2020
Following table shows the fee structure of studying MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines:
|FEE STRUCTURE||YEAR – 1||YEAR – 2||YEAR – 3||YEAR – 4||YEAR – 5|
|Tuition Fee||$ 12500||$ 5100||$ 5100||$ 5100||$ 5100|
|Visa Fee||N.A||$ 920||$ 920||$ 920||$ 920|
|Total Fees||$ 12500||$ 6020||$ 6020||$ 6020||$ 6020|
- The tuition fee should be paid only in US dollars.
- USD to PESO and INR to USD will be calculated as per bank actual rate real-time
- Indian students can also apply for premium hostel facilities
- 1 USD = 70 INR (approx.)
- Also food and accommodation will cost 12000 pesos (approx.) and 12000 rupees (approx.) in India for BS Campus of Pune and Chennai
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation
MBBS course duration is of 5 years:
Davao Medical School Foundation is providing all international and local students of the Philippines with 5 years. The duration of a medical degree in the Philippines is 5 years which includes 5 years of MBBS course and excludes 1 year of internship in India or Philippines.
Davao Medical School Foundation: MBBS Syllabus
Syllabus of MD program at Davao Medical School Foundation is given below:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|FIRST TERM||SECOND TERM||THIRD TERM||FOURTH TERM|
|-Calculus & Analytical|
-Comparative vertebrate anatomy
-Fundamentals of genetics
-Philosophy of man
-Education for sustainable
-Cell and molecular biology
-Politics and governance
|-Rizal’s life, works, and writings|
-Econ. taxation & agrarian reform
-Histology & micro-technique
-Research in bio. sc. (thesis writing) immunology
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
-History of medicine
-Preventive and Communicative Medicine
-General and -Clinical Pathology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Eligibility Criteria: For Medicine Course
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Philippines for MBBS:
- 18 years of age
- Pass out from 12th grade
- ST/SC- minimum of 60% required
- Reserved category – minimum of 50% in PCB
- Compulsory NEET exam
Admission Procedure at Davao Medical School Foundation
Follow these steps to take admission in Philippines for MBBS:
Step 1: The student should submit the application to the chairman of the committee with the above documents to the secretary.
Step 2: An orientation program is conducted for the applicants and their parents/guardian.
Step 3: An interview will be conducted by the scholarship committee.
Step 4: Once the students are selected, he/she should sign the contract of the scholarship.
Required Documents: For MBBS Admission Process
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- Academic documents of 11th and 12th
- Birth certificate
- Neet report card
- 4 passport size photos
- Visa fee payment receipt
- 1st-year tuition fee payment receipt
- Document of medical fitness
Davao Medical School Foundation – Ranking 2020
World Ranking is one of the most important things to consider when you’re looking to study MBBS abroad in Philippines.
Over the years Davao Medical School Foundation World Ranking has been in a phenomenal rise. In addition to its world ranking, Davao Medical School Foundation has also achieved 6th rank in the top-10 medical colleges in Philippines. As a result of its world ranking, Davao Medical School Foundation has become one of the premier medical college in all of South Asia!
Over 6000 Indian students have chosen to study MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation because of it’s world ranking and excellence in medical education!
This proves that Davao Medical School Foundation is the most preferred medical college in Philippines by Indian students! All the 6000+ students who have graduated from Davao medical college because of its world ranking are now working in India and all over the world successfully!
As per ranking web of universities the country and world ranking are given below:
Medium of teaching
Davao Medical School Foundation provides English medium of education.
Davao Medical School Foundation provides the facilities of accommodation and mess for students:
- Hostels provide homely comfort to all medical aspirants coming from different parts of the world to pursue their dreams.
- Affordable hostel system with fully furnished rooms.
- All essential amenities including internet access, tv and telephone.
- Hostels are on a sharing basis like bathrooms and kitchens.
- 24×7 hostel security.
- Reading rooms and gyms are available in the hostel.
- Different hostels are provided to Indian students and Indian food is prepared by an Indian cook.
Cost of Living in Mindanao
The expenses of living in Mindanao are given below:
|PARTICULARS||APPROX RANGE IN PHILIPPINO PESO||APPROX RANGE IN INR|
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)||10000 ₱||Rs 14,100|
|Food||2000 ₱||Rs 2,820|
|Transport||8.00 ₱||Rs 11.2|
Note: Philippino peso = INR 1.41
NEET compulsion for MBBS in Abroad
As per the Medical Council of Indian, any student who wishes to pursue MBBS from abroad must qualify NEET-UG exam, any student who fails to get minimum qualifying score in NEET-UG is not allowed to enrol for Medical Universities Abroad.
Why is Davao Medical School Foundation the most preferred medical college by Indian students!
- No donation or capitation fee of any sort at Davao Medical School Foundation. Davao Medical College provides a clear and transparent fee structure.
- Davao Medical School Foundation offers a world-class MBBS degree at a most affordable tuition fee. Indian students can now afford to study a truly international MBBS degree at just Rs. 3.57 lakhs per year! In conclusion, this is truly a golden opportunity for Indian students to get admissions at Davao Medical School Foundation.
- Davao Medical School Foundation is recognized by MCI and WHO. Indian students can choose to join Davao Medical School Foundation without any hesitation. Their future is secured!
- Davao Medical School Foundation provides complete care for Indian students. In-campus hostels with 24/7 security, healthy Indian food (both veg & non-veg), and constant support & care through dedicated guidance counselors are provided at DMSF campus. Indian students feel at home at Davao medical college campus.
- Davao Medical School Foundation has ultra modern, hi-tech campus infrastructure including digital classrooms, 24/7 modern library, Simulation labs, 3D Anatomy Dissection Center, etc. Exposure to modern teaching methodologies at Davao medical college helps Indian students gain a solid foundation in their MBBS subjects.
- Davao Medical School Foundation is located in Davao city, which officially is the first urbanized city in Philippines. Davao city is the safest city in the Philippines with 24/7 police surveillance. Moreover, the peaceful & relaxing environment at Davao campus helps students focus on their studies more.
- Davao Medical School Foundation has English language as the medium of teaching. Therefore, it makes it easy for Indian students to transition to a foreign environment. Above all, 99% of people in Philippines speak English. Makes it easy for Indian students during their stay at Davao medical college campus, Philippines.
- Davao Medical School Foundation follows an advanced problem-based learning methodology in medical education. Davao medical college focuses on developing the practical skill of the student through an US-based medical syllabus. American syllabus along with this kind of direct clinical training helps Indian students who graduate from Davao medical college get jobs with higher salary packages!