Lyceum North-western University
Table of Content
About Dagupan City
Let’s know more about the city where Lyceum North-western University is situated:
Lyceum North-western University is located in Dagupan City:
- Dagupan city is located in the Philippines.
- The city is situated on the northwest-central part of the island of Luzon.
- It is the politically independent city represented by the legislative district.
- Dagupan is an independent city with a population of about 180,000 inhabitants.
- The city is a major commercial and Financial Centre in the North of the Philippines.
- It’s a quiet and lush green city with an excellent average temperature of 22 to 32-degree Celsius, providing a great atmosphere for the students.
The Dagupan city is a great tourist attraction place. Top visiting places:
- Tondaligan Road
- Dagupan City Museum
- Metropolitan Cathedral of St. John the Evangelis
- Bonuan Beach
- Tondaligan Children’s Park
- Saints Peter & Paul Parish Church – Calasiao
- Binmaley Beach
- Lingayen Beach
- Our Lady of Purification Parish
- Binmaley Museum
About Lyceum North-western University
Lyceum North-western University was founded in 1969 in the city of Dagupan, Philippines. Mrs. Florencia Tiongson Duque and Dr. Francisco Quimson Duque was the founder of the university. MBBS in Lyceum North-western University offers a 6-year course in medicine for the students who want to pursue MBBS in Abroad.
The university is situated 230 km away from Manila International Airport. Around more than 2000 foreign students are studying MBBS at Lyceum North-western University. Out of which 250+ are the Indian students.
Due to the balanced academic curriculum, the university has been listed in the world directory of medical schools. The university emphasis on producing compassionate, knowledgeable, highly competent professionals to enhance the skills of students to become a doctor.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Lyceum-Northwestern University is officially accredited and recognised by several medical bodies:
- Lyceum-Northwestern University is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Lyceum-Northwestern University is listed in IMED Directory
- Medico Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Universities
Advantages of pursuing MBBS in Lyceum North-western University
- MCI Approved Medical University
- Top & Extensively Recognized University
- Amazing Infrastructure With Necessary Labs
- Hostel Facilities Are Available
- Quick Admission Process
- Qualified Professors, Teachers & Doctors
- Highly Preferred Medical University For Medicine Program
By and large Medical Courses in Philippines are Practical Oriented as per United States pattern, where LNU Medical Program is more practical oriented and it provides practical exposure to its medical students through its affiliation with government hospitals and medical centres. The students of LNU get to train in Region 1 Medical Centre and other Government hospitals of Dagupan.
Final Year Students (MD-4thYear) in their Clerkship rotation program get excellent hands on exposure under the guidance of active consultants. They get training for 12 months in the hospitals with some of the following specialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The four year medical course at Lyceum North western University is called “Doctor of Medicine (M.D)”. It is MBBS equivalent and is of 4 Years duration.
BS Biology Course duration is of 12 Months.
After completing BS Biology. Premedical course students moves to MD course automatically that’s why some time this medical course is known as BS-MD.
The course covers the normal Human Anatomy, Parasitology, Gynaecology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Obstetrics, Pharmacology, Paediatrics, Community health, General Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Medical Practice, and Psychiatry etc.
The Philippines has five types of climates: tropical rainforest, tropical savannah, tropical monsoon, humid subtropical, and oceanic (both are in higher-altitude areas) characterized by relatively high temperature, oppressive humidity and plenty of rainfall. There are two seasons in the country, the wet season and the dry season, based upon the amount of rainfall. This is also dependent on location in the country as some areas experience rain all throughout the year (see Climate types). Based on temperature, the warmest months of the year are March through October; the winter monsoon brings cooler air from November to February. May is the warmest month, and January, the coolest.
The total duration of the Medical, MD or MBBS course is 5 and half year for students who have been educated till class 12 with Science. The first 16months is dedicated for pre medical course. It focuses on building foundation for a strong medical education. The next 4 years is the core medicine and clinical rotation.
Lyceum North-western University – Quick Overview
Refer the table below for quick overview about Lyceum North-western University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||Sept 2021|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5.5 years|
|Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO approved|
|University Ranking||Country – 154 / World – 11464|
Benefits of Studying in Lyceum North-western University
- No donation is required for admission
- No entrance exam is required for admission
- Low college fees
- Facility of fully furnished hostel
- Canteens that provide Gujarati and all type of Indian food
- 24 hours facility of library for reading
- cutting edge in campus hospital for best of the practice
- 24 hours Wi-Fi facility
- Safe environment and well-disposed individuals
- Magnificent boarding and lodging provided by the University
Lyceum North-western University – Fee Structure 2020-21
|Academic year||Fee amount in PHP||Fee amount in INR|
|Pre-medical (BS) Biology||5,00,000||7,50,000|
- Tuition fee and accommodation should be paid in Philippines Peso
- Hostel fee should be paid year wise
- PHP to INR conversion rate – 1.50 (Approx)
- Food is 8000 pesos per month in the mess
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Lyceum North-western University
The duration of studying the entire medical program at Lyceum North-western University is 5.5 years:
- Candidates should complete 5 and half years of full-time MBBS education provided to all international students.
- During medical course education the first 16 months are dedicated for the pre-medical course, focusing on building a foundation for a strong medical education.
- And the next 4 years focuses on core medicine and clinical rotation.
- The renowned professors also focus on practical knowledge along with theoretical.
- The medical aspirants should also complete 1 year of mandatory internship at the end of the program.
Lyceum North-western University: MBBS Syllabus
The MBBS syllabus for Lyceum north-western University is shown in the table below:
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Histology||General and -Clinical Pathology||Surgery-2||Medicine|
|History of Medicine||Pharmacology||Radiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Preventive and Communicative -Medicine||Pediatrics-1||Neuroscience-3|
|Neuroscience 2||Advanced Pathology|
|Psychiatry||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Applicant who wants to study medicine at Lyceum north-western University must follow the below eligibility criteria:
- Applicant’s age must be in between 17 to 25 years.
- Applicants must clear the higher secondary examinations like the 10+2 exam.
- Applicants should have taken subjects like physics, chemistry. Biology and mathematics during the course of study.
- Minimum percentage should be 50% for General category & 45% for reserved category students.
Admission Procedure at Lyceum North-western University
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Lyceum north-western University:
Step 1: Fill the application form online on the university’s portal.
Step 2: Submit the required documents & wait for the application review process.
Step 3: The process takes 10-15 days for review & approval.
Step 4: An eligible student will get an official invitation letter from the institute.
Step 5: Apply for the visa.
Required Documents: For MBBS Admission Process
Before MBBS admission to Lyceum north-western University, applicants need to produce notarized copies of the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Mark Sheets
- Copy of Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- Application form
- Medical certificate
- Photographs matted (35x45mm) matted
Lyceum North-western University – Ranking 2020 – 2021
As per UniRank (4icu), following is the country and world ranking for Lyceum Northwestern University:
Medium of teaching
The medium of instruction at the Lyceum-North-western University is the English language:
The students coming from the corners of the world for medical education don’t face any language barrier in university campus as Lyceum-North-western University conducts MBBS education in the English language.
Hostel & Accommodation at Lyceum Northwestern University
Lyceum Northwestern University offers accommodation to international students which include the following amenities:
Well equipped air conditioned rooms
Mess and Cafeteria
Living Cost at Dagupan city
|Particulars||Cost in Rs.|
|Rent Per Month (approx.)||Rs.10000-12000|
|Transportation (approx.)||Rs. 60-500|
|Foods (approx.)||Rs. 20-500|
Why Study MBBS at Lyceum North-western University?
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Lyceum North-western University:
- Low tuition fees.
- No language barrier.
- Internationally recognized MD curriculum.
- 300+ Indian students.
- Quality standard of education.
|NAME OF UNIVERSITY||APPEARED||TOTAL PASS||PASS %|
|Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University||134||49||36.57%|
Faculties Offered in Lyceum North-western University
Lyceum Northwestern University offers a 4-year MD course which is equivalent to MBBS in India. The course covers subjects like:
Important Dates: Intake 2020
Every candidate must consider important admission dates that will assist them for admission at the Lyceum-North-western University:
|Application Start Date||March 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||August 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||Sept 2021|
Lyceum North-western University – Important FAQs
Is the Lyceum Northwestern University MCI recognized?
Lyceum Northwestern University is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Are there any accommodation facilities available at Lyceum Northwestern University?
Dormitories are available for foreign students at the cheapest cost.
Which types of food are available at Lyceum Northwestern University?
All types of food are available at Lyceum Northwestern University especially for Indian students north and south Indian foods are provided by the university.
How long is the MBBS course duration at Lyceum Northwestern University?
MD course at Lyceum Northwestern University lasts for 5.5 years.
How far is Dagupan from Manila?
The distance between Dagupan and Manila is about 217.2 km.