Our Lady of Fatima University
Table of Content
About Valenzuela City
Let’s know more about the city where Our Lady of Fatima University is situated:
Some of the interesting facts about the Valenzuela city are as follows:
- Valenzuela City has a total land area of 44.59 square kilometer with a population of 600,000 according to the August 2010 census.
- This makes it the 10th most populous city in the Philippines.
- Valenzuela city is located about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) north of Manila.
- The city is bordered by Meycauayan (Bulacan) in the north, Obando (Bulacan) in the west, Malabon, Quezon City and northern Caloocan in the east.
- The city is very safe as it has a very low rate of crime.
- The summers in Valenzuela city are much rainier than the winters.
- The temperature here averages 27.3 °C.
About Our Lady of Fatima University
In 1967, Our Lady of Fatima University was established. Our Lady of Fatima University is one of the best centers for Medical Education in the Philippines. Since its establishment, with over 40 years, the Fatima university has graduated over 30,000 medical practitioners from all disciplines.
OLFU has a computer laboratory that is equipped with internet access to facilitate networking of all medical students and research work in medicine. The university has five buildings with sophisticated and latest medical laboratory equipment that meets the standards of the Board of Medical Education.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Our Lady of Fatima University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization
- Indian Medical Council
- Philippines Education Ministry
- International Medical Education Directory
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
Advantages of Our Lady of Fatima University, Philippines
- Our Lady of Fatima University is also one among the top ranking MBBS college in Philippines.
- The university has Autonomous state which is added advantage for students.
- It was listed in the World Health Organization Geneva Recognized Medical Schools
- More than 5000 students are studying Medicine in OLFU University
- The Fatima College of Medicine is accredited by the New York State Education Department and the Illinois State Board of Education
Our Lady of Fatima University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Our Lady of Fatima University :
|Intake for MBBS Course||September, 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||$6400 /Year|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 44 , World – 8507|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Benefits of Studying in Our Lady of Fatima University
- No donation is required for admission
- No entrance exam is required for admission
- Low college fees
- Facility of fully furnished hotels
- Canteens that provide Gujarati and all type of Indian food
- 24 hours facility of library for reading
- cutting edge in campus hospital for best of the practice
- 24 hours Wi-Fi facility
- Safe environment and well disposed individuals
- Magnificent boarding and lodging provided by the University
Our Lady of Fatima University- Fee Structure 2020
|Year||16-months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||12,000||6400||6400||6400||6400||–|
|Hostel Fees (approx.)||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||–|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.9.10 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs|
- 1$ = Rs.70
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
- Food costs 8000 pesos per month in mess.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Our Lady Fatima University is 5 years.
The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years. MD is nothing but MBBS. After BS, students can start with MD which takes 4 years.
Emilio Aguinaldo College: MBBS Syllabus
The MBBS syllabus for Emilio Aguinaldo College is shown in the table below:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Genetics -Animal Physiology
-Philosophy of Man
-Cell and Molecular
Biology -Comparative Religion
|-Rizal’s Life, Works,|
and Writings -Econ. / Taxation &
Agrarian Reform -Human Genetic
Micro-technique -Research in Bio. Sc.
(Thesis Writing) Immunology
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
-History of Medicine
|-Pharmacology -General and|
Clinical Pathology -Parasitology
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University is as follows:
- An MBBS aspirant must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard and English is a compulsory subject.
- Students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT,etc. for admission.
Admission Procedure at Our Lady of Fatima University
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Our Lady of Fatima University, Philippines:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Our Lady of Fatima University:
- 10 passport size Photographs.
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- Official Invitation letter from the University.
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity).
- Birth Certificate.
- All documents Authorized from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Embassy’s Legalization for all the documents.
- Visa fees.
- University’s 1st year Tuition fee’s Bank receipt (required for some Universities).
- NEET Certificate.
- HIV test documents (with negative test results).
Our Lady of Fatima University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Our Lady of Fatima University:
Our Lady of Fatima University – Accommodation Facilities
Following are the hostel facilities at Our Lady of Fatima University:
- OLFU hostel is just opposite to the university.
- The hostel has 24 hours security guards for students’ safety and also there are CCTV cameras.
- Fees for the hostel is also minimum.
Hostel of the university is fully furnished with:
Cost of Living at Valenzuela City
The cost of living at Valenzuela city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.19 – Rs.425|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.467 – Rs.480|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.13|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.522|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||costs between Rs.3,700 – Rs.7,500|
Why Study MBBS at Our Lady Of Fatima University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Our Lady of Fatima University:
- The university provides the students MBBS education which is equally focused on practicals and theory.
- The campus of OLFU provides a great environment for the students.
- There are cultural activities at the university to enhance the relationship between the students.
- There is no entrance exam to join the MBBS course at this university.
- Any kind of Capitation or Donation fee is not required to join this University.
- The MBBS course here has a very low college fee.
- The university is beautiful and it provides a safe environment to the students.
- The Hostel rooms of the university are large and spacious.
- Canteens are available at the university campus and they provide all types of Indian food.
- At the library, a 24 hours facility for reading is available.
- The college campus provides a 24 hours Wi-Fi facility
Our Lady of Fatima University offers some scholarships to students:
The students who fulfill the required score in academics are given these types of scholarships. One simple rule to get this scholarship is that the students must not score less than 2.00 in any subjects. To avail this scholarship the student must have an average score (all subject scores together) as given below:
- A score of 1.25 or higher = 100% discount on the total fee
- Scores between 1.26 – 1.30 = 100% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.31 – 1.40 = 75% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.41 – 1.50 = 50% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.51 – 1.60 = 25% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.61 – 1.70 = 10% off on tuition fee
Scholarship for Service
Following scholarships can be given to deserving students for their service.
- For Libraries
- For labs
- For counseling and Guidance
A. Leonora Jusgaya Scholarship
These are provided to students (even deemed students) who do not qualify for academic grants. The Finance office selects students by screening them. If selected the candidates are given a 50% to even 100% Scholarship.
B. Sibling or Family Privilege Discounts
The siblings who join the college together get this type of scholarship. At this university, a 10% waiver of the tuition fee is provided to both the siblings.
Faculties Offered in Our Lady of Fatima University
Our Lady of Fatima University in Philippines has following faculties:
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Our Lady of Fatima University:
|Application Start Date||August 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 14 days|
|Last Date of Admission Form||25th September, 2021|
Our Lady of Fatima University – Important FAQs
Which clinic is associated with the Our Lady of Fatima University?
Fatima Medical Center lies at the core of the college of Medicine is a 200 bed clinic inside the college grounds.
How many practitioners have been formed by the university till now?
Our Lady Fatima University has created 30,000 and above medical practitioners to date.
How many foreign students are pursuing MBBS currently at the university?
Currently, more than 200 international students are pursuing MBBS at Our Lady Fatima University.
After completing MBBS at the Lady Fatima University, can I come back to Indian for practice?
Yes. Students can come back to do an internship in India. However, due to the enormous patient flow, high-quality infrastructure, and labs most students prefer to continue the internship at Lady Fatima Medical University.
Can I appear for Medical Licensing examinations of other countries?
Yes, MBBS graduates of this University are eligible to undertake medical licensing examinations conducted by medical councils in various countries such as PMDC, USMLE, NMC, SCHS, HPCSA, etc.
How is the campus of the university?
The main campus of OLFU is located in Valenzuela City, on the outskirts of Metropolitan Manila. The main campus houses the St. Martin de Porres Building where the College of Dentistry and College of Business and Accountancy are situated and the College of Medicine Building.
How is the accessibility of Valenzuela campus from the nearby cities?
BAU International University Batumi offers 6 years of the medical program to the students.Valenzuela Campus of Our Lady Fatima University has easy access to downtown Manila and metro Quezon City. There are numerous Bus and taxi commutes. From the campus, the metro train terminals are only 15 to 25 minutes ride away.