Southwestern University PHINMA
Table of Content
About Cebu City
Some of the interesting facts about the Cebu city are as follows:
- Cebu city is officially known as City of Cebu.
- This city of the Central Visayas Region, Philippines is a 1st class highly urbanized city of the island of Cebu.
- The city has a population of 922,611 people, according to the 2015 census.
- Cebu city is located in the south-central Philippines.
- It is located on Cebu Island’s eastern coast, and it is protected by offshore Mactan Island and by the inland Cordillera Central.
- Cebu city is a bustling port and is one of the country’s largest cities.
- The city is a significant center of trade, commerce, and education in Visayas.
- Cebu city is the main domestic shipping port of the Philippines.
- Cebu City lies 28m above sea level and has a tropical climate.
- Rainfall is significant most months of the year in Cebu city, and the short dry season has little effect.
- The average temperature in Cebu City is 27.5 °C.
Some of the interesting facts about the Valenzuela city are as follows:
- Valenzuela City has a total land area of 44.59 square kilometer with a population of 600,000 according to the August 2010 census.
- This makes it the 10th most populous city in the Philippines.
- Valenzuela city is located about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) north of Manila.
- The city is bordered by Meycauayan (Bulacan) in the north, Obando (Bulacan) in the west, Malabon, Quezon City and northern Caloocan in the east.
- The city is very safe as it has a very low rate of crime.
- The summers in Valenzuela city are much rainier than the winters.
- The temperature here averages 27.3 °C.
About Southwestern University PHINMA, Philippines
Southwestern University PHINMA is a private university in Cebu City started by pharmacists Matias and Anunciación Aznar. It was established in 1946. The university actually started as a college and then in 1959 achieved its university status. Southwestern University PHINMA has three campuses around Cebu City. The university was transferred under the management of investment firm Phinma Corporation in 2015.
Southwestern University PHINMA is widely popular in the medical field, and it also operates the Sacred Heart Hospital. By providing basic education, senior high, undergraduate, and postgraduate degrees, Southwestern University offers a full circle education program.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Southwestern University PHINMA is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization
- National Medical Commission
- Commission of Higher Education, Philippines
Southwestern University PHINMA – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick facts about Southwestern University PHINMA:
|Intake for MBBS Course||July|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||70% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Rs.6.61 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 71, World Rank – 9579|
|University Recognition||NMC, WHO|
Benefits of Studying in Southwestern University PHINMA
The life of students studying MBBS at Southwestern University PHINMA is as follows:
- Southwestern University PHINMA not only concentrates on studies and knowledge of students but also conducts various fun & worthwhile activities which students can join and enjoy.
- The activities are either program-centered or interest-centered, of which students can find their niche that will support them to realize their aspirations.
- There are multiple cultural events that are held from time to time at Southwestern University PHINMA such as fresher’s day, international students’ day, etc.
- For developing leadership skills and showcasing a strong sense of service, students are given various opportunities.
- Students are provided with different facilities at the university like basketball court, volleyball court, badminton court, table tennis court, modern labs for chemistry, Physics, Biology, etc., Auditorium, canteen, playground, gym, Aircon classrooms, computer lab, soccer field, and much more.
- Students can also take part in student exchange programs as the university has tie-ups with many different organizations and universities in the world.
- There are various student organizations at the Southwestern university PHINMA where students can express their thoughts and ideas.
Southwestern University PHINMA – Fee Structure 2020
|YEAR||16-MONTHS||YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 5||YEAR 6|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||9450||9450||9450||9450||9450||9450||–|
|Tuition Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||–|
|Hostel Fees in USD (approx.)||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||–|
|Hostel Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||–|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||–|
- 1$ = Rs.70
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Southwestern University PHINMA
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
- The duration of MBBS course at Southwestern University PHINMA is 5 years which excludes 1 year of internship.
- The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years. MD is nothing but MBBS. Students can start with MD which takes 4 years after completing BS.
Southwestern University PHINMA : MBBS Syllabus
The MBBS syllabus for Southwestern University PHINMA is shown in the table below:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Genetics -Animal Physiology
-Philosophy of Man
-Cell and Molecular
Biology -Comparative Religion
|-Rizal’s Life, Works,|
and Writings -Econ. / Taxation &
Agrarian Reform -Human Genetic
Micro-technique -Research in Bio. Sc.
(Thesis Writing) Immunology
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
-History of Medicine
|-Pharmacology -General and|
Clinical Pathology -Parasitology
Medium of Teaching
- At Southwestern University PHINMA, the medium of teaching is English.
- For easy understanding by all local as well as international students, all the lectures are delivered in the English language.
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Southwestern University PHINMA is as follows:
- An MBBS aspirant must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- The student must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard and English is a compulsory subject.
- Students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT,etc. for admission.
- The minimum age of the applicants must be 17 years and the maximum age must be 25 years.
Admission Procedure at Southwestern University PHINMA
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Emilio Aguinaldo College, Philippines:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Southwestern University PHINMA:
- Passport size Photographs – 6.
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- Official Invitation letter from the University.
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity).
- Birth Certificate.
- Application form.
- No Criminal Certificate.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Health and Medical Certificate (including Quarantine report).
- Language Proficiency Certificate.
Southwestern University PHINMA – Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Southwestern University PHINMA:
Southwestern University PHINMA – Accommodation Facilities
Following are the hostel facilities at Southwestern University PHINMA:
- For students, there are hostel accommodation services available at the university campus.
- The accommodation that the university provides has 47 rooms with bunk beds, mattresses, study tables, chairs, closets, window shades & drapes, fire extinguishers, tower shelves, air conditioning units, etc.
The amenities at the hostel dormitory include:
24 – Hours CCTV Monitor
Cost of Living at Cebu City
The cost of living at Cebu city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.36 – Rs.617|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1845 – Rs.1850|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.14|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.605|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||costs between Rs.20,800 – Rs.38,000|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Why Study MBBS at Southwestern University PHINMA?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Southwestern University PHINMA:
- The cost of living and the cost of studying MBBS at Southwestern University PHINMA, Philippines is low.
- Southwestern University PHINMA is recognized by WHO and NMC.
- The university provides educational loan facilities to students.
- There are many different facilities that the university offers to its students.
- Various kinds of scholarships are made available for students with high grades and based on some other different criteria.
- The quality of education provided by the university is excellent.
- The Philippines is the English speaking country and thus students do not face any kind of difficulties while living in the country.
- The language of teaching is also English in the university.
- The weather of the country is also such that international students do not face much difficulties while their stay there.
- The admission process is also simple and easy.
- No donation or capitation fee is required at the time of admission.
Faculties Offered in Southwestern University PHINMA
The various departments which offer specific specialty faculties at Southwestern University PHINMA are :
Health and Allied Health Sciences
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Students should consider the following important dates to follow the timetable of admission dates:
|Application Start Date||May|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Last Date of Admission Form||Sept|
Southwestern University PHINMA – Important FAQs
How is the library of the university?
The library of the university is located on the 4th floor of Matias H. Aznar memorial building and it is well ventilated and furnished, and it serves primarily the college of medicine, the paramedical colleges, the staff of Sacred Heart hospital and the research groups within the university.
Is there any international airport near Southwestern University PHINMA?
Yes, the Mactan-Cebu International airport is near to the Southwestern University PHINMA
How many campuses does the Southwestern University have?
The Southwestern University has three campuses around Cebu city.
How is the infrastructure of the university?
The university has a 7 storey building with the most advanced educational facilities and integrated with the university’s training hospital.
From how many countries students come to study medicine at Southwestern University?
From more than 34 countries, including Africa and America, students come to study medicine at Southwestern University.
What does the name PHINMA indicate about the Southwestern University
In 2015, the university and the hospital were acquired by PHINMA group of Education which aims to make lives better through education.