UV Gullas College of Medicine
Table of Content
About Cebu City
- Cebu is the second city of the Philippines and capital of the province of Cebu.
- The city has a total population of 28,49,213 as per the 2015 census.
- Cebu city is surrounded by Mandaue and Consolacion in the northeast, Toledo, the towns of Balamban and Asturias in the west, Talisay City and the town of Minglanilla in the south.
- People in Cebu city speak Cebuano as their native language. However, it is easy to find someone who can speak with you in English in the city.
- Cebu city’s majority of the population are Roman Catholic and were known to be Protestant.
- Cebu city has a tropical climate. The average temperature of Cebu city is 27.5 °C.
About UV Gullas College of Medicine
UV Gullas College of Medicine was established in the year 1977. The Visayan institute was founded by the late Don Vicente Gullas in 1919 in Cebu City which later became the University of the Visayas in 1948. With the approval of the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, it was then established in 1977 with the name UV Gullas College of Medicine.
It has an environment that is most conducive to learning. The college has its campus in Cebu. The college is at the central location and thus it is accessible by all means of land transportation.
The UV Gullas College of Medicine has an excellent atmosphere for learning and medical practice.
Accreditation and Recognitions
UV Gullas College of medicine is fully recognized by
- US education department
- General Council of Medicine of Great Britain
- Medical Council of California
- Medical Council of Thailand
- Medical Council of Canada
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick overview about Gullas College of Medicine:
|Intake for MBBS Course||July|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Duration||5.5 Years|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 137, World – 11176|
|University Recognition||NMC, WHO, listed in WDOMS|
Benefits of Studying in UV Gullas College of Medicine
Life of students at Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
- To enhance study with a peaceful mind the student is offered with the fulfilled necessities at UV Gullas College of Medicine.
- Students get an on-campus hostel to stay, and Indian delicacies are available for the students. So students also need not compromise on their food.
- At Gullas College of Medicine, the academic and moral training acquired by the students enable the better accessibility to the high standard education.
- The UV Gullas college develops the academic and moral values in the students to enable the better accessibility to the high standard education.
- The college offers various training of international standards.
- At the UV Gullas college of medicine, every professor is trained, skilled, knows english and are from different parts of the world.
- The educational system at the Gullas college of medicine in Philippines focuses on practical exposure rather than theory.
- The indian students become comfortable in classrooms as Filipinos are friendly and helping in nature.
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Fee Structure 2020-21
|YEAR||16-MONTHS||YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 5|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||4,13,194 Pesos||1,73,611 Pesos||1,73,611 Pesos||1,73,611 Pesos||1,73,611 Pesos||–|
|Rs.5.95 lakhs||Rs.2.50 lakhs||Rs.2.50 lakhs||Rs.2.50 lakhs||Rs.2.50 lakhs||–|
|Total (approx.)||Rs.5.95 Lacs||Rs.2.50 Lacs||Rs.2.60 Lacs||Rs.2.50 Lacs||Rs.2.50 Lacs|
- 1 Philippines Peso = Rs.1.44
- Food charges can be extra up to Pesos 8000/month- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
- Hostel is Rs 10000 /month
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine
The total duration of this Doctor of Medicine (MD) course is 5.5 years. The first 18 months focuses on building a foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program.
Subsequent, 4 years contain the theoretical side of medicine and the practical implementation through processes called Skills Labs, Clinical Rotation, Cadaver Training etc. Though the program is richer, intense, deeper and contains PG level of Medical knowledge, it is considered as an equivalent to the MBBS programs offered in India.
UV Gullas College of Medicine : MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for studying MBBS in Philippines at UV Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR||FOURTH YEAR|
|Gross Anatomy||Pharmacology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Medicine|
|Physiology||Parapsychology and Clinical pathology||Ophthalmology||Pediatrics and Surgery|
|Biochemistry||Principle of Medical practice||Legal Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Neuro Anatomy||Preventive Medicine and community Health||Preventive Medicine and Community Health||Psychiatry and Radiology|
|Histology||Surgery and Psychiatry||Surgery and Pediatrics||Ophthalmology|
|Preventive medicine & community health||Obstetrics and pediatrics||Obstetrics and Pharmacology||Preventive medicine & Community health|
|Principle of Medical Practice||–||–||–|
Below given are the eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine:
- Students should have more than 50% marks in chemistry, biology, or botany and zoology and physics for the 12th grade.
- Students must have passed NEET so that they can practice in India to pursue MBBS in the Philippines.
- Students must have 17 years of age completed as of December 31 of the year in which the admission is being taken.
Admission Procedure at UV Gullas College of Medicine
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Emilio Aguinaldo College, Philippines:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for MBBS admission into UV Gullas College of Medicine:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Undergraduate, and Graduate certificates (if any)
- Certificate of Graduation
- NEET Marksheet copy
- Birth Certificate (original or certified true copy)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- 2” x 2” photo – 2 in no.
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Passport (original copy)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Student VISA
- Student permit
- The qualifying certificate for English proficiency test administered by the Aguinaldo International Language Institute.
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Ranking 2020 – 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Accommodation Facilities
The accommodation facilities at UV Gullas College of Medicine are as follows:
- Gullas College of Medicine provides separate on campus accommodation for both women and men students and offers them full range of facilities.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine has a modern hostel for the students within the campus itself.
- The hostel provides 24 hour security, to ensure the safety of students.
- Indian food is also provided at the hostels to ensure that the visiting majority of the Indian students feel at home.
- On campus and off campus wi-fi facility is provided to the students at the hostels.
- The hostel has a parking area for vehicles.
- UV Gullas hostel is highly secured with CCTV camera and strict discipline is followed for International students at the hostels.
- The hostel has all the basic facilities that International students require to have comfortable stay.
- At the hostels, there is a separate study area for boys and girls well maintained for students to prepare for their exams and assignments.
Cost of Living at Cebu
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.30 – Rs.510|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1752 – Rs.1800|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.12 – 14|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.590|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.17,500 – Rs.20,000|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Why Study MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine?
The benefits of studying MBBS at UV Gullas college of medicine are given below:
- At UV Gullas college of Medicine, American Standard is achievable and affordable too.
- The UV Gullas college of Medicine creates a well-established platform for USMLE.
- UV Gullas college of medicine provides one to one care for all international students.
- Indian food is available, so students feel like home at the college.
- The college has an affordable tuition fee and installment mode is available for students.
- For special care of international students, the international students office is available for special assistance & dedicated service.
- Students do not face any language problems, since English is the medium of instruction & 99% of the population of Cebu speaks English.
- The college has a friendly and healthy environment for students.
- At the campus of Gullas college, there are 1400 plus Indian students studying medicine.
- The college provides regular interaction between Students & Parents on a daily basis.
- The college provides hostels with comfortable facilities and safe living.
- The syllabus of the college is US based and the time duration is optimal, only 5.5 years.
Courses Offered in LUV Gullas College of Medicine
Following are the courses at UV Gullas college of medicine:
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Students should consider the following important dates to follow the timetable of admission dates:
|Application Start Date||May|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Last Date of Admission Form||Sept|
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Important FAQs
Is UV Gullas college of medicine fully recognized?
UV gullas college of medicine is recognized by CHED, General Council of Medicine of Great Britain, NMC, WHO, ECFMG, US education department, FAIMER, Medical Council of California, Medical Council of Thailand and the Medical Council of Canada.
Can I do higher studies in India after completing a medical degree from Gullas college of medicine?
Yes. You can do higher studies in Indian medical colleges, but for that you should pass a screening test conducted by the National Medical Commission.
What are the minimum marks required to study MBBS at UV Gullas of Medicine?
Students must have obtained minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and they must have passed NEET exam.
Can I practice in India after completing my MD degree from UV Gullas college of medicine?
The NMC(National Medical Commission – also now known as the National Medical Commission), has started conducting a comprehensive test called NEXT – National Exit Test for students who have done MBBS from India or Abroad. As per the new regulation, passing the test makes one eligible to practice within the country.
Is an MD degree from Gullas college of medicine similar to MBBS?
Yes. There is no difference between an MD degree from the Philippines and MBBS degree from India. MBBS degree is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine) in the Philippines.
Do I need to pay any donation or capitation fee to the UV Gullas college?
No. You are not required to pay any donation or capitation fee at UV Gullas College of Medicine. You will need to pay only the nominal tuition fee.