Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Table of Content
About San Carlos City
San Carlos, officially the City of San Carlos, is a 3rd class component city in the province of Pangasinan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 188,571 people. It is the most populated city in Pangasinan and the entire Ilocos Region.
About Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation, Philippines
(VMUF) was established in 1958. The university offers courses in the medical and paramedical fields, in liberal and applied arts, sciences, and technical-vocational courses, senior high school, secondary, elementary and pre-school courses. The VM Special Science High School was adjudged as “one of the excellent secondary schools in Region I” by the Department of Education Culture and Sports. Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation is one of the top medical colleges in the Philippines.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Approved by: MCI, WHO
Aid Status: Private
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – Quick Overview
Before we go through the detailed information of VMUF Philippines, let’s look at the college’s major details.
|Name of Institute||Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation Philippines|
|Popular Name||VMUF Philippines|
|Year of Establishment||1958|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||NA|
|Universities Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|Ranking||Country – 149, World – 11392|
Advantages and Benefits of studying MBBS in the Philippines
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of the Philippines (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- 3rd largest English-speaking country
- Colleges in the Philippines don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in the Philippines are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Philippines’ MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in the Philippines provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Filipino medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in the Philippines offer practical training to medical students.
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – Fee Structure 2021
|Year||16-months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||9450||9450||9450||9450||9450||9450||–|
|Tuition Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||Rs. 6,61,500||–|
|Hostel Fees in USD (approx.)||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||1,200||–|
|Hostel Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||Rs.84,000||–|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||Rs.7.45 lakhs||–|
- 1 Philippines Peso = Rs.1.44
- Food charges can be extra up to Pesos 8000/month- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
- Hostel is Rs 10000 /month
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
- The duration of MBBS course at St. Paul University Philippines is 5 years which excludes 1 year of internship.
- The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into 3 stages like BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years.
- MD is nothing but MBBS. After completing BS, students can start with MD which takes 4 years.
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation: MBBS Syllabus
The MBBS syllabus for Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation is shown in the table below:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Genetics -Animal Physiology
-Philosophy of Man
-Cell and Molecular
Biology -Comparative Religion
|-Rizal’s Life, Works,|
and Writings -Econ. / Taxation &
Agrarian Reform -Human Genetic
Micro-technique -Research in Bio. Sc.
(Thesis Writing) Immunology
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-History of Medicine
|-Pharmacology -General and|
Clinical Pathology -Parasitology
Medium of Teaching
- At Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation, the medium of teaching is English.
- As the Philippines is English speaking country, the medium of education is English. So it would be easy for all local as well as international students.
The medical aspirants must fit into the basic criteria to grab MBBS seats at the University
- The candidates must be at least 17 years old while taking admission or complete this age before 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidates must complete 12th with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects.
- The candidates must secure at least 60% of scores in higher secondary education.
- The general category candidates require a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- Reserve category candidates which include ST/SC/OBC require a minimum aggregate of 40% in physics, Biology, Chemistry and English.
- The candidates are eligible for MBBS admission after appearing and clearing NEET UG examination.
Admission Procedure at Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation, Philippines:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
The students willing to take MBBS admission at Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation help must submit all documents mentioned below:
- The candidates must submit the fully- filled application form.
- The candidates must submit academic records ( Duly authenticated) for MBBS admission.
- The candidates must submit the passing certificate at the time of MBBS admission.
- Also, carry the school leaving certificate during admission time.
- Carry migration certificate during admission time.
- The candidates must submit the MBBS admission fee receipt for admission.
- The candidates must submit the birth certificate ( Duly authenticated).
- Submit the NEET report card and admit card.
- The foreign students must submit a valid passport photocopy ( with valid stay).
- Submit 3 recent passport size photos(2×2 coloured pictures) for MBBS admission.
- The candidates must submit the certificate of good moral character.
- Submit the document of medical clearance issued by the Bureau of Quarantine.
- The candidates must submit the physiological clearance.
- Also, submit NBI clearance or police clearance during admission time.
- The candidates should submit the student Visa or special study permit.
- Submit ISHIHARA and audiometry results (Maritime results).
- Carry 1 long white folder and 1 brown envelope along with all documents.
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – Ranking 2021
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – Accommodation Facilities
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation, Philippines provides the best accommodation facilities for the convenience of students and they are:
- The Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation offers double and triple sharing rooms for accommodation facilities of students at the university.
- The rooms are well-furnished with an attached bathroom.
- There are shared kitchens as well that provide the facility of self cooking for students.
- Students should follow the rules of the hostel and timings.
- There are also amenities provided at the hostel like WiFi, laundry, choice of Ac or Non – AC rooms, etc.
- Computer Labs
Cost of Living at San Carlos City
The cost of living at San Carlos City is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.22 – Rs.400|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.3000 – Rs.3010|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs. 22|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 620|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||costs between Rs.9,000 – Rs.20,000|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Students should consider the following important dates to follow the timetable of admission dates:
|Application Start Date||May 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Last Date of Admission Form||Oct 2021|