Bashkir State Medical University
Table of Content
About Ufa City
- Ufa city is the capital of Bashkortostan Republic. It is one of the biggest cities in Russia.
- The Ufa city lies along the Belaya (White) River just below its confluence with the Ufa River.
- The city is one of the largest sports, religious, economic, cultural, and scientific centers of the country
- It is an important transport hub of Russia.
- It is located about 1,340 km southeast of Moscow.
- The population of Ufa is about 1,105,000 (2015) within the area of 708 sq. km.
- The Ufa city lies 171m above the sea level. The climate of the city is cold and temperate. The city of Ufa experiences significant rainfall with precipitation even during the driest month. The temperature in Ufa is 3 °C on average.
Bashkir State Medical University, Russia
One of the leading medical universities in the Russian Federation is the Bashkir State Medical University. For thousands of students coming from different backgrounds, the university has opened a world of opportunities.
In 1932, Bashkir State Medical University was established as Bashkortostan Institute in Ufa. In 1933 the institute introduced the Department of foreign languages, Histology, and military conduct. In 1934 the institute opened the department of Normal Physiology, Operative Surgery, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Path-physiology, Internal Medicine, and General Surgery.
It is one of the top institutions in the center of the medical and pharmaceutical sciences of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Until 1961, there was only one faculty of General Medicine. Later, in 1970, it introduced the Faculty of Preventive Medicine. In 1976, the Faculty of Dentistry started and the Faculty of Pharmacy in 1981.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Bashkir State Medical University is accredited by many medical bodies such as:
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- The US Department of Education
- The Ministry of Health of Russian Federation
- Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Bashkir State Medical University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Bashkir State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September – October (Every Year)|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45 – 60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||65% in PCB for General|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||Rs.3.85 Lakhs / Year|
|University Ranking||Country – 136, World – 3538|
|Course Duration||6 years + 1 year of internship|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Recognition||Approved by NMC, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University
- The students can have exciting, bright life here.
- The students are allowed to do intense research related to their medical studies if they wish.
- The students can easily avail all the facilities provided by the university
- The candidates have been give freedom to take part in university conferences and events.
- The university provides sports amenities facility and a chance to hit the international platform.
- The aspects of cultural diversity help the students to enrich their knowledge.
- The MBBs candidates can avail the facility of television, sports club during their leisure time.
- The Indian students can enjoy t the Indian festival and can roam about freely.
- There are many beautiful places to visit and during vacation time the students can visit there.
Bashkir State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for Bashkir State Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx.)||₽281454.5|
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Fee (approx.)||₽6545.5|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||₹3,31,200||₹3,31,200||₹3,31,200||₹3,31,200||₹3,31,200||₹3,31,200|
- 1 Ruble = 1.1 INR
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Russia
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University
The duration of MBBS course at Bashkir State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The duration of MBBS course at Bashkir State Medical University is 6 years, and then 1 year is internship is compulsory in India.
- The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS at this university.
Bashkir State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology and Cell Biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path Physiology||Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University is as follows:
- Students must have cleared NEET exam.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate must have completed class 12th with at least 65% from a regular board.
- The student must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology at his/her 12th standard.
Following is the admission process for applying to MBBS course at Bashkir State Medical University:
Step 1: Applicants should fill the application form available online. They can send the documents via email.
Step 2: Then they have to submit a school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, a copy of passport, and transcripts of records and other necessary documents.
Step 3: Students will receive an admission letter from the university, once they submit the above documents.
Step 4: The Registration Fees should be paid to the University Account or through net banking.
Step 5: For study on the confirmation of the admission by respective universities, the Department of Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation will start issuing the official invitation letter to the students.
Step 6: On receiving an admission letter from Russian Federation, students would need to visit the embassy/ consulate of the Russian Federation in your country for a student visa.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Bashkir State Medical University:
- Education certificate’s (notarized copies) translated into Russian
- Legalized education certificates’ Original copies
- Certificate of recognition of a student (recognition means granting the document holder the right to continue education)
- Academic transcript (if transferring from another Russian university)
- Certificate for Foundation course (if required)
- Copy of the national passport (notarized and translated into Russian)
- Copy of birth certificate (notarized and translated into Russian)
- Health certificate (including the results of X-ray and physical examination)
- HIV test certificate
- Medical insurance
- 10 photos (colored with white background or black and white)
Bashkir State Medical University : Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Bashkir State Medical University:
Bashkir State Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
Find the passing percent and appeared students in year 2019 for Bashkir State Medical University is here in the table below:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Bashkir State Medical University||32||10||31.25%|
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Bashkir State Medical University:
- Bashkir state medical university provides students with hostel facilities.
- Separate rooms are available for male and female students.
- The hostel rooms of this university are well furnished with all the basic amenities and equipment and they are comfortable.
- Students can get the facility of shared rooms.
- Hostels have facilities of central air conditioner, free wi-fi access, cafeteria, dining hall, etc.
- Hostels have full police security.
- Students also get good quality food at the hostel at nominal charges.
Living Cost in Ufa City
The cost of living at Ufa city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.23 – Rs.520|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2000 – Rs.2100|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.26|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.980|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.14,700 – Rs.21,200|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Bashkir State Medical University
Bashkir State Medical University has following faculties:
Physical Education Culture
Higher Education Nursing School
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Here are some important dates to remember if you want to pursue medical career at Bashkir State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||June|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||September – October|
Why Study MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying MBBS at Bashkir State Medical University:
- Bashkir state medical university provides an intense research work facility for students.
- Students will get appropriate guidance from renowned doctors that will help you to get global exposure.
- At this university, more focus is given on practical skills and will give you guidance in an internship.
- Students will be provided post graduate facilities and for that they do not need to give any entrance exams.
- The university provides postdoctoral programs at an affordable cost.
- The university provides police security around the hostel campus so students do not have to worry about the security.
- Students get international exposure, they can take part in international conferences, exchange programs, etc. as this university has tie ups with many other international organizations.
Bashkir State Medical University – Important FAQs
What’s the duration of admission process?
Admission have several steps to follow.
May I know some details about your (Russia) university educational system?
Higher education is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation, which is responsible for the accreditation and licensing of higher education establishments, and for developing and maintaining State Educational Standards.
Higher education is provided by public and non-public (non-State) accredited higher education institutions.
There are three levels of higher education:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years) – the first university level degree. This is equivalent to the B.Sc. degree in the US or Western Europe.
- Master’s degree (Postgraduate higher education – 2 years). Master’s degree can be earned by completing 2 years of study after Bachelor or Specialist.
- PhD (Aspirantura program) of Kandidat Nauk (Candidate of Science) which lasts 3-4 years. It requires the Specialist Diploma /Master’s degree for admission; second highest level (Doktorantura program) leading to Doktor Nauk (Doctor of Science) follows the Kandidat Nauk and does not have a fixed program duration.
What’s my course duration?
General medicine course – 6 years
Do you provide Russian language classes for foreign students?
Yes, we do.
How much major subjects I will study?
For the first 3 years of training students are mainly focused on theoretical subjects like biology, medical physics, chemistry, biochemistry, human anatomy, histology, physiology, pathology, microbiology, Latin and foreign languages, social sciences. From the very beginning our students are involved in clinical practice: within 1st and 2nd year they discover basics of nursing care at practical clerkship (1st semester) and basics of clinical examination (3rd semester). During the last 3 years students learn clinical subjects: internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, public health and prevention.
Is there any entrance exam we need to pass to be enrolled to the University?
Yes, they are Chemistry and Biology.
What if I fail my entrance exam?
You can apply to preparatory courses. They begin on 1st October and last 8 months.
What language we will study?
The official medium of teaching is Russian, except first 3 years taught with English-medium.
Do you have any coaching courses for our entrance exam?
Unfortunately, we don`t have short coaching courses