Kazan Federal University
Table of Content
About Kazan City
Some of the interesting facts about the Kazan city are as follows:
- On the bank of the River Volga, the city of Kazan is situated and it is surrounded by many beautiful cities such as Nizhny Novgorod, Ulyanovsk, and Samara.
- This city is a home to much recent development in the region and it has a rich culture.
- The city is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic situated in the center of Russia and the 8th most populated city of Russia with a population of 1,143,535.
- A significant impact of the recent changes in technology can be seen on the city as the people of the city are open to new ideas and changes which would help in their development.
- As the city of Kazan is located between Europe and Asia and has a mixture of Russian and Tatars population, a peaceful amalgamation of both Muslim and Christian cultures can be seen in the city.
- Students from all over the world can get admission in the Kazan Federal University and can mix beautifully with the culture of the city.
- The Kazan city lies 49m above sea level and thus the climate here is cold and temperate.
- Even in the driest month, Kazan has a great deal of rainfall.
- The average annual temperature in Kazan is 3.8 °C.
About Kazan Federal University, Russia
Kazan Federal University has become one of the oldest running universities in Russia as it has started in the year 1804. The University has proved its dedication and contribution in improving the academic scenario of Russia. Students from all over the world are attracted to Kazan Federal University due to its low and affordable fee structure.
To boost the region’s human resources development as well as top-level research and innovation in different areas, the University actively participates in local and international cooperation, networking with academia and industry. The University has come up with 17 centers of excellence, and 80 world-class research and teaching laboratories in the recent years.
The merit of the student is the only factor to decide his/her admission at the Kazan Federal University. Based on the exceptional academic performance of the student, he/she can also get direct admission in Kazan Federal University. To help the student adjust with the changing times, the University adopts new and advanced technologies.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Kazan Federal University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization
- The US Department of Education
- The General Medical Council of Britain
- The National Medical Commission-Board of Governors (NMC-BOG)
Kazan Federal University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick facts about Kazan Federal University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Rs.4.05 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 5, World – 423|
|University Recognition||Approved by NMC, WHO|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at About Kazan Federal University
The life of students studying MBBS at Kazan Federal University is as follows:
- Students of Kazan Federal University have the chance to live on and off campus.
- At Kazan Federal University, Universiade-2013 Village dormitories which have the capacity of up to 12,000 places, students get world class living facilities.
- At Kazan Federal University, there are 10 sports halls of the UNIX Center.
- World University Games Sporting Center Bustan was one of these which was built recently in the year 2013.
- For student’s convenience, there is an ice rink, a swimming pool, and multi-purpose sports complex in the university.
- At Kazan Federal University, the students are provided with 24 kinds of sports activities like aerobics, table tennis, basketball, volleyball, track and field athletics, martial arts, rock-climbing, swimming, football, and much more.
- With approximately 190 universities and research centers from more than 53 countries over the world, Kazan Federal University has collaborations.
- More than 900 students and faculty members get the opportunity to visit overseas universities and research centers for various seminars and conferences.
Kazan Federal University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure for Kazan Federal University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee||₽ 450000|
|Hostel Charges||₽ 13200|
|Other Charges||$ 2,500|
|Total||₽ 463200+$ 2,500|
|Grand Total for 6 Years – 36,26,208|
- 1 Ruble = 1.24 INR
- 1 Dollar = 72 INR
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Russia
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Kazan Federal University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Kazan Federal University is 6 years.
Kazan Federal University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS course at Kazan Federal University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology and Cell Biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path Physiology||Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology|
The eligibility criterion to study MBBS at Kazan Federal University is as follows:
- The applicant must have completed his/her 12th Standard from a reputed board or organization and must have at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- He/she must be of 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- Applicants must not be suffering from any contagious disease such as Aids, or tuberculosis etc.
- Applicants must have their passport ready.
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Kazan Federal University:
Step 1: Open the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 3: Attach the documents given below
- Scanned copy of marks (grades) of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education (should be translated into Russian language)
- NEET Score card (only for candidates from India)
- Scanned copy of your Passport (should be translated into Russian language)
Step 4: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 5: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 6: Stamp your visa in the Embassy (Consulate) of Russian Federation, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for admission to Kazan Federal University:
- 10 passport size Photographs.
- Official Invitation letter from the University.
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity)
- Birth Certificate.
- All documents Authorized from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Embassy’s Legalization for all the documents.
- Visa fees.
- University’s 1st year Tuition fee’s Bank receipt (required for some Universities).
- NEET Certificate with Scorecard.
- HIV test documents (with negative test results).
- School/College Certificates and Mark-sheet
- A completed application form
- Proof of last three month’s bank statement to show that you can support yourself financially during your medical study program in Kazan Federal University.
Kazan Federal University : Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Kazan Federal University:
Kazan Federal University offers some scholarships to students:
- Kazan Federal University offers funding and financial support for national and international candidates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies.
- Also, for international students, Russian Government provides scholarships to study at Russian universities and MBBS aspirants can apply for these scholarships.
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Kazan Federal University:
- Kazan Federal University’s hostel is known as Universiade-2013 Village dormitories which can accommodate 12000 students.
- In Kazan Federal University, students get a choice of single, twin and triple sharing rooms.
- Mostly, students get all the facilities such as sports equipment, rent station, copy center, a medical center, drug store, laundry, beauty salon, cafeteria, etc.
- The hostels of Kazan Federal University are equipped with all the necessary items such as a shelve, almirahs, bed, tables, chairs, etc. Students are allowed to rent flats or apartments and stay there in later years of their MBBS in Russia.
Living Cost in Kazan City
The cost of living at Kazan city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.24 – Rs.569|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2134 – Rs.2140|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.32|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.1921|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Costs between Rs.17,446 – Rs.25,767|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University has following faculties:
Pharmacy Anatomical Museum
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Check out the important dates regarding admission at Kazan Federal University:
|Application Start Date||June|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||September – October|
Why Study MBBS at Kazan Federal University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Kazan Federal University:
- Kazan University is traditionally top-rated among Russia’s higher educational institutions, due to its 210 years of high-quality education and outstanding research in a wide variety of fields.
- The Kazan Federal University consists of nearly 3000 professors. All of them are expert in their subjects and knowledgeable. Most of them hold doctoral degrees and they belong to not only from Russia but also from the rest of the globe.
- They not only teach students but also guide them which will empower the graduates to become leaders in industry and academia.
- Nearly 300 international faculty members belonging to 35 different countries visit Kazan Federal University annually for conducting joint research and lecturing, participating in a research conference.
- Students can work anywhere in the world once they complete their MBBS from Kazan Federal University is included in the World Directory of Medical schools and NMC.
- The degrees in Medicine from Kazan Federal University have got excellent ranking by WHOand they are globally recognized.
- Students will get an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree on completion of the 6 years MBBS course, which is recognized by the National Medical Commission as equivalent to MBBS in India.
Kazan Federal University – Important FAQs
How many international students are studying at Kazan Federal university?
At KFU, more than 9000 students from around 90 countries are enrolled in academic programs.
Is there any airport near to the Kazan Federal University?
Kazan international airport is the airport near to the Kazan Federal University.
Can I choose my room at the university’s hostel?
As the number of rooms is limited, they will be allotted to students on a first come first served basis, early applications will have a priority.
Are family stays provided at the university?
Yes, KFU offers family stays with host families that have been accommodating international students for the past many years now. The price is 20,000 Rubles for one month, that is Rs.21,400. The price includes a separate room and breakfast
Which documents are needed for a visa application to Russia?
For Visa Notarization, Stamping, and Translation in Russian Language and Apostille.
Following Original Documents are required:-
- Original Passport
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and 12th Passing Certificate
- Six passport size photos (35mm*45mm) with white background, 70% face should be visible in photo, without spec’s, it should be Matte finish
- HIV test report from Private lab only, it should be printed report, not handwritten with official seal and Name as in Passport, Age (with Date of Birth) and Passport Number written on it
- Gap certificate (if required)
Are the hostels of KFU safe?
Yes, hostels are provided 24×7 security through facilities like CCTV surveillance, security guards, etc.