Kazan State Medical University
Table of Content
About Kazan City
Below are some noticeable things about Kazan city:
Kazan is a city located on the Volga river and about 820 km east of Moscow. The city is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic. The city is one of the most important scientific, economic, and cultural centers of the country.
The population of the city Kazan is about 1,205,600 according to 2015 census, within the area of 425 sq. km. Kazan is known as the sports capital of Russia and it is also known as a University City.
The locals of Kazan City are very loving and hospitable. Kazan has gorgeous architecture, breathtaking scenery, magnificent palaces, and towering churches.
The city of Kazan is well connected by railways, buses, river port and an international airport. The public transport system is extensively developed in Kazan and it consists of trolleybuses, buses, trams and metro (subways). The average annual temperature in Kazan city is 11.0 °C. The rainfall here in the city is around 452 mm. The climate in the Kazan city is mild, warm, and temperate.
Kazan State Medical University, Russia
In the central part of the city Kazan, Russia, Kazan State Medical University is located. Kazan State Medical University was established in 1814. This university is one of the most topmost Medical Universities in Russia. From this university, thousands of Indians have graduated in the past.
Kazan State Medical University is a multileveled and multifunctional state institution of higher education in medicine in Russia.
The Kazan State Medical University prepares excellent experts in various fields of medicine. Among medical schools of the Russian Federation, Kazan State Medical University holds 16th place.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Kazan State Medical University is recognized by many medical organizations across the world. Here is the list:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- General Medical Council ( GMC)
- The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- The Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
- World directory of medical school
- Ministry of Health care
- The Russian Federation’s Ministry of Education and science
Kazan State Medical University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick facts about Kazan State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|Neet Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Tuition Fees||3.15 Lakh / per year|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 124, World Rank – 3358|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|University Recognition||Approved by NMC|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Kazan State Medical University
Below mentioned is how is the student life at Kazan State Medical University:
- Athletic programs are conducted by the Kazan State Medical University for students.
- Located on the banks of the Volga river, the students are provided with relaxation in the camp ‘Medic’.
- KSMU provides a year round recreation program which includes tennis, basketball, football, swimming in summers, and skiing and skating in winters.
- International students get their services from Kazan State Medical University.
- Different kinds of activities are arranged by the student’s club.
- Students celebrate different kinds of activities together and they also have a newspaper named “Kazan Medical Student”.
- Kazan State Medical University also provides students opportunities to realize their potential not only in studies, but also in scientific research, in creativity, and public work, sports, International conferences, and symposiums
Kazan State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2021
Following is the fees structure of Kazan State Medical University for MBBS course:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||₹3,24,900||₹3,24,900||₹3,24,900||₹3,24,900||₹3,24,900||₹3,24,900|
|Hostel Fees in Rupees||₹13,608||₹13,608||₹13,608||₹13,608||₹13,608||₹13,608|
|Medical Insurance in Rupees||₹5,076||₹5,076||₹5,076||₹5,076||₹5,076||₹5,076|
|Total Fees in Indian Rupees||₹3,43,584||₹3,43,584||₹3,43,584||₹3,43,584||₹3,43,584||₹3,43,584|
- 1 Ruble = 1.1 INR
- OTC Charges will be applicable in Russia.
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra.
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Kazan State Medical University
Following is the duration for MBBS Course at the Kazan State Medical University:
The duration of the MBBS course at the Kazan State Medical University is 6 years of which 6 years are allotted for classroom training and 1 year is mandatory for the Internship in India.
Kazan State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Kazan State Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology and Cell Biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path Physiology||Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Kazan State Medical University is as follows:
- The applicant must have completed his/her 12th Standard from a reputed board or organization and must have at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- He/she must have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- Applicants must not be suffering from any contagious disease such as Aids, or tuberculosis etc.
- Applicants must have their passport ready.
The admission procedure at the Kazan State Medical University is as follows:
A prospective student can apply online as instructed below:-
Step 1: Open the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 3: Attach the documents given below
- Scanned copy of marks (grades) of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education (should be translated into Russian language)
- Results of NEET (only for candidates from India)
- Scanned copy of your Passport (should be translated into Russian language) Students should send all the documents on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 5: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 6: Stamp your visa in the Embassy (Consulate) of Russian Federation, once you receive the visa invitation.
Medium of Teaching
Following is the medium of teaching at Kazan State Medical University:
At Kazan State Medical university, the medicine courses are taught in English language
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for admission to Kazan State Medical University:
- Transfer Certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Migration Certificate
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Medical Council of India’s Eligibility certificate
- HIV reports and medical insurance by a recognized hospital
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Score Card
Kazan State Medical University : Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Kazan State Medical University:
Scholarships offered at the Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University offers different scholarships to its students for their benefit, some of them are:
- Go clean Scholarship
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Jared J. Davis Grant
- Inlaks Scholarships (University courses)
The grant will be awarded to students who have a strong financial need and a desire to pursue a career that is enterprising and entrepreneurial in nature.
The above mentioned scholarships are applicable to different courses like engineering, science, medicine, etc.
Kazan State Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
Kazan State Medical University gives one of the best FMGE results in passing percentage. Here is the FMGE 2019 passing percent for the same:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Kazan State Medical University||166||55||33.13%|
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Kazan State Medical Academy:
- There are 6 hostels at this university for the students. The hostels are very near to the university.
- The hostels are very safe, asPolice protection is provided to these hostels.
- According to the comfort level of the students, there are rooms of different types at the university, and thus the hostel charges vary. A room is generally shared by 2-3 students.
- All the rooms in the hostel are well furnished and comfortable and are provided with basic amenities like heater, wi-fi facility, a telephone, and a TV set.
- At the hostel, bathrooms and kitchens are provided on the sharing basis.
- To socialize and to meet new friends, there is a special area for students in the hostel.
- University dormitories are available at the university for international students.
Living Cost in Kazan City
The cost of living at Kazan city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.24 – Rs.569|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2134 – Rs.2140|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.32|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.1921|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Costs between Rs.17,446 – Rs.25,767|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Kazan State Medical University
Following are the faculties at Kazan State Medical University, Russia:
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Kazan State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||June 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month|
|Last Date of Application||October 2021|
|Admission Start Date||November 2021|
Why Study MBBS at Kazan State Medical University?
Below are the advantages of studying at Kazan State Medical University:
- After Moscow and St. Petersburg, Kazan State Medical University is the third oldest Medical University in Russia.
- KSMU is recognized by the Ministry of Healthcare & Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and it is the only such university in Kazan.
- KSMU is a Government funded University.
- This university in Kazan, is recognized by the WHO, and it is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- This is the only university in Kazan, recognized by ECFMG (USA).
- This university is recognized by leading medical councils such as NMC, AMC, GMC, etc.
- Kazan State Medical University conducts the whole MBBS course in English-medium. All the practicals, lectures, laboratory studies, seminars, examinations, tests, state examinations are conducted in the English language.
- There are 33 general hospitals, 21 polyclinics, maternity hospitals, outpatients departments, dental polyclinics, etc. with the total number of beds around 9000.
- For international students, depending upon their preferences and budget, the Kazan State Medical University has a number of living facilities.
Kazan State Medical University – Important FAQs
How many Indian students are studying at Kazan State Medical University?
Around 500 students are studying at Kazan State Medical University.
How do I get the notifications after submitting the application?
The admission committee will review your documents and notify you by email. Skype interviews are conducted for the students by the university.
Is there any temporary housing provided to visitors?
Yes, the visitors can stay in guest rooms available at the hostel or can choose the hotels located outside the campus
How do I come to know if my reference document is missing?
The program coordinator will inform you if there are any reference documents missing.
Do I need to know the Russian language for enrolling in the course?
No, since the language of teaching for medical study is English, no need to learn the Russian language but if you have a fascination in the Russian language then you can apply for the preparatory course at the university.
What is the period of the MBBS course at Kazan State Medical University?
The MBBS study period at Kazan State Medical University reciprocates into the 6 years of pre medical & paramedical phase including the internships.