Orenburg State Medical University
Table of Content
About Orenburg City
Below are some noticeable things about Orenburg city:
- The Orenburg city is the capital of Orenburg which is formerly known as Chkalov.
- Orenburg is the 28th most inhabited town in Russia.
- Orenburg is situated on the river Ural, next to the Sakmara River outlet.
- From the southern part of Moscow, the city of Orenburg is 1478 kilometers away. At the periphery of Europe and Asia, the city is located.
- Orenburg owns a number of cultural institutes and museums, and thus it is considered as the regional center of education.
- Wherever the Trans-Caspian RR, the Central Asian RR, and therefore the Samara-Orenburg line meet, the Orenburg city has a significant rail junction.
- Orenburg has an extreme continental climate as it has long and hot summers as well as long and cold winters.
- The lowest recorded Temperature at Orenburg is -43.20C. On average, it remains between -9.3 to -15.60C. Thus, winters are very cold and it can be a challenge.
About Orenburg State Medical University, Russia
‘Orenburg State Medical University’ was founded by F.M. Lazarenko in August 1944 as Chkalov Medical Institute. On July 15, 1994, the Institute was reorganized into ‘The Orenburg State Medical University’, according to the decision of the State committee of Russia on Higher School.
Orenburg State Medical University is a small, non-profit co-educational higher education institution which has a student enrollment range of 3,000-3,999 students and around 555 members of scientific staff.
An efficient system of continuous multilevel training of specialists with superior pharmaceutical and medical education can be seen in the Orenburg State Medical University. For pursuing MBBS and many other medical degrees, Orenburg State Medical University is ranked among the top medical universities of Russia.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Orenburg State Medical University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- Ministry of Health of Russian Federation
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Orenburg State Medical University – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Orenburg State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Selection is Based on||Based on min 50% marks in PCB at 10+2 level.|
|Neet Exam||Yes, with qualifying marks|
|University Recognition||NMC and WHO approved|
|Duration of MBBS||6 Years|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 233, World – 5109|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University
The life of students at Orenburg State Medical University is as given below:
- Orenburg State Medical University has 3 hostels for students within the University.
- The third hostel at the university is reserved for the Indian students.
- These hostels give a very homely feeling for the students who come from different corners of the world to study medicine courses at this university.
- The university consists of a sports club which was first inaugurated in the year 2013.
- The prime aim of the University is organizing and improving the sports work for students, upgrading of sportsmanship, and propaganda of healthy lifestyle.
- The university club has 12 sports leagues in which all the Indian students participate such as; aerobics, volleyball, indoor soccer, swimming, basketball, track-and-field athletics, table tennis, lifting, skiing, chess, etc.
- The students of Orenburg State Medical University are provided with hands-on training in the hospital campus itself for the treatment of the patients.
- Research work is also included in the syllabus so that students can enhance their learning skills. The students of this university get the chance to learn from the basics of the human body to the entire functioning of the body.
Orenburg State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for Orenburg State Medical University, Russia for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||₽327272.7||₽327272.7||₽327272.7||₽327272.7||₽327272.7||₽327272.7|
|Total Fees in Rubles (approx.)||₽346909||₽346909||₽346909||₽346909||₽346909||₽346909|
|Total Fees in Rupees (approx.)||₹3,81,600||₹3,81,600||₹3,81,600||₹3,81,600||₹3,81,600||₹3,81,600|
- 1 Ruble = 1.1 INR
- Food charges, one time charges, Medical Insurance will be extra.
- All the amounts mentioned above are approximate and supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$= Rs.70
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Orenburg University is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship.
Orenburg State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology and Cell Biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path Physiology||Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University is as follows:
- The applicant must have completed his/her 12th Standard from a reputed board or organization and must have at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- He/she must have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- Applicants must not be suffering from any contagious disease such as Aids, or tuberculosis etc.
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- Applicants must have their passport ready.
The admission procedure at the Orenburg State Medical University is as follows:
Step 1: After choosing a course, a student can fill the details in the form and send the documents via email to the University.
Step 2: Students will be informed about the rejection or acceptance of their application. If the application is accepted, students will receive an invitation letter.
Step 3: Once students receive confirmation of the admission, they can pay the fees through net banking or other payment methods.
Step 4: Students can apply for the visa as soon as they receive the invitation letter.
Step 5: Before arriving in Russia, students should pay complete fees for the first year.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for admission to Orenburg State Medical University:
- Transfer Certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Migration Certificate
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Medical Council of India’s Eligibility certificate
- HIV reports and medical insurance by a recognized hospital
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Score Card
Orenburg State Medical University : Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Orenburg State Medical University:
Orenburg State Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
The details about FMGE performance for Orenburg State Medical University of year 2019 with passing percent is as follows:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Orenburg State Medical University||61||24||39.34%|
Medium of Teaching
The medium for teaching at Orenburg State Medical University is:
At Orenburg State Medical University, the medium of teaching is English, and thus language is not a barrier for students from all over the world while studying at this university.
Following scholarships are offered at Orenburg Medical University:
- Orenburg State Medical University offers different kinds of scholarship opportunities to all the deserving candidates, especially to the international students based on their skill-set.
- Depending on the semesters, these scholarships help the student in waiving off their tuition fee and they also help the low-income students to still pursue MBBS so that they can fulfill their dream of becoming a doctor.
Infrastructure & Facilities Provided at Orenburg State Medical University
The infrastructure and facilities at Orenburg state medical university are as follows:
- Orenburg State Medical University provides many latest facilities which attract students.
- It provides dormitories for the students that are equipped with all the necessary facilities such as 24 hrs running hot and cold water.
- The university also provides sports facilities to its students.
- Orenburg State Medical Universityhas modern infrastructure.
- The university organizes various sports camps, festival celebrations, leisure activities for students to make their education and stay experience the best and a memorable one.
- The university provides accommodation facilities for students with 24-hrs electricity, 24-hrs gas in separate kitchen, 24-hrs hot & cold water supply, bedding, furniture, and centralized room heating system.
Hostel & Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Orenburg State Medical University:
- The University has 3 hostels which provide all the necessary facilities to the students.
- There is a limited space availability at the University, due to a large number of students. Thus, only a few students can be accommodated at the University dormitories.
- There is an internet facility for students at the dormitories from 10 pm to 6 am and it is free.
- At the dormitories of Orenburg State Medical University, there are over 120 personal computers available for students.
- All the hostel buildings at the University are protected by police and are under CCTV surveillance.
- The hostel campus is close and convenient for the everyday needs of the students.
- All the facilities like telephone, water dispenser, single bed, wardrobe, desk, air-conditioner, water heater, and network interface etc. are provided at all the apartments.
Living Cost in Orenburg City
Following are the living expenses at Orenburg city:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Rs.25 – Rs.450|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2240|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.27|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.672|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Rs.11000 – Rs.16,000|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Orenburg State Medical University
Following are the different faculties at the university:
Higher Education Nursing School
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Here are some important dates to remember if you want to pursue medical career at Orenburg State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||June|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission End Date||September – October|
Why Study MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University?
Below are some facts which make it easier for a student to select MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University:
- The cost of studying MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University is very affordable compared to other countries.
- The University provides quality education which is comparable to many developed countries like the USA, UK and European countries.
- The students who take their MBBS degree from Orenburg State Medical University are eligible to work in any part of the world after passing the national medical exam of that country.
- The University is recognized by the Ministry of Health & Education of Russia.
- The students get a very healthy environment with all the facilities and world-class infrastructure.
- The university gives hands-on training and practical clinical rounds to students which help them in their overall growth.
- The big advantage for international students is that the medium of instruction is English.
- All the facilities like libraries, the Internet, personal hygiene rooms, sports areas, and household rooms with all the necessary equipment are provided to the students at Orenburg State Medical University.
Orenburg State Medical University – Important FAQs
Are there any affiliated hospitals of the university?
For training of students in Orenburg State Medical University, there are over 18 affiliated hospitals. Some of them are:-
- Orenburg regional clinical hospital no 2
- Municipal city clinical hospital number 1
- Municipal city clinical hospital named after Pirogov N.I.
- Orenburg regional clinical hospital no. 1.
- Municipal city clinical hospital number 2.
- Railway clinical hospital of Orenburg station.
How many medicine courses are there at the university?
At Orenburg State Medical University, there are over 54 specialized courses for medical aspirants.
How is the library of the university?
The library of the university is huge and consists of 4000+ print journals and online medical journals.
How is the campus of the university?
The main campus of the university comprises 4 main buildings including library, gym, dining hall, and Chapel. Other significant landmarks in the campus include the Geologic Museum and various cultural centers. The campus also has a center for students.
What are the opportunities for students after completing MBBS from this university?
Students can practice in India after clearing the MCI screening test and they can also apply for Russian Permanent Residency after graduating from Russian Universities.
Is Indian food available at the university?
Yes, Indian food is easily available at the university.