MBBS in UKRAINE
Table of Content
Ukraine is primarily known for a country providing quality Medical Education. It has an area of 6,03,628 km, making it the largest country entirely within the European continent. Ukraine has substantial, fertile farmlands, and it remains one of the world’s largest grain exporters. It is named as the global breadbasket of Europe. The diversified and developed economy of Ukraine includes a large heavy industry sector, particularly in industrial equipment and aerospace.
Ukraine is a peaceful country where foreign students can feel safety and security. Ukraine is the 44th largest country in the world with total population of over 40 million. The currency in Ukraine known as Hryvnia (UAH) & its official language is Ukrainian. Mostly, the landscape of Ukraine consists of plains and plateaus, only the Carpathian mountains in the west reach 2,061m (6,760 ft.) at Mount Hoverla (Hora Hoverla), the highest mountain in the country.
|Exchange Rate (as of January 2020)||1 Hryvnia = 3 INR (approx)|
|Climate||Winter: -4 to -8 degrees Celsius|
Summer: 22 to 25 degrees Celsius
|Time Difference||3 hours 30 minutes|
India is ahead in time with Ukraine
Study MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students
MBBS in Ukraine is the foremost option for Indian students to pursue low-cost medical education without suffering costly education in India.
Ukraine encompasses many of Government Medical Universities that offers MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine at affordable fee structure. The main era of studying MBBS in Ukraine is that to make the students familiar with theoretical and practical knowledge in Medicine.
After completing MBBS in Ukraine, students are awarded the degree as “MD Physician”. The degree is equivalent to MBBS in India as per National Medical Commission (NMC). There are more than 65000 international students from 147 countries are admitted for the Medicine course in Ukraine.
Cost of studying MBBS course for resident and nonresident candidates is very low. The students are not required to give any entrance test for taking a admission in Medical University of Ukraine. There are plenty job opportunities are available in Ukraine for MBBS doctors. They get paid high with lucrative salary package.
The Medical Education in Ukraine is globally accepted having affordable tuition fee and world class education system. The duration of the course is about 6 years including a 1-year Internship.
Top-Ranked Medical Universities in Ukraine
The top NMC approved medical universities and their rankings are as below:
|UNIVERSITY NAME||COUNTRY RANK||WORLD RANK|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||23||3784|
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||64||5596|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||101||7058|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||31||4217|
|Ukranian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava||76||7255|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University||113||7372|
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||48||4883|
|Odessa National Medical University||90||6705|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||122||7866|
|Ternopil National Medical University||15||3368|
Note: According www.4icu.org which publishes the 2019 Ukrainian University Rankings of 171 recognized Ukrainian higher-education institutions meeting some certain selection criteria.
Recognition of Medical Universities in Ukraine
MBBS in Ukraine – Quick Overview
This table below shows the important highlights of the MBBS course in Ukraine:
|Last Date to Apply||March 2021|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB for General Category|
40% in PCB for SC/ST/OBC
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS and TOEFL||Not Required|
|Minimum Tuition Fee||3,500 USD/Year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||5,000 USD/Year|
|Top Medical Universities||Bogomolets National Medical University|
Kharkiv National Medical University
|Cost of Living in Ukraine||150 USD/Month|
|Course Duration (In Years)||5+1 Year Internship|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|Recognition of Universities||NMC & WHO accredited|
MBBS in Ukraine Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure for MBBS course in Ukraine is very much affordable These are the top NMC approved medical universities of Ukraine. More than 10,000 Indian students have successfully taken admission to these universities:
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITIES||TUITION FEES/YEAR||HOSTEL FEES/YEAR|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||4500 USD||900 USD|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||3900 USD||400 USD|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||4900 USD||1000 USD|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||4212 USD||1500 USD|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||4000 USD||1000 USD|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||4800 USD||800 USD|
|Kyiv Medical University||3500 USD||1000 USD|
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University||3700 USD||1000 USD|
|Lugansk State Medical University||4000 USD||800 USD|
|Odessa National Medical University||4370 USD||1400 USD|
|Ternopil State Medical University||4200 USD||1000 USD|
|Uzhhorod National Medical University||3800 USD||1000 USD|
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||4500 USD||900 USD|
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||5000 USD||700 USD|
|Poltava State Medical University||4000 USD||1000 USD|
|V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University||4500 USD||800 USD|
|Taras Shevchenko National University||4500 USD||1500 USD|
|Sumy State University||4300 USD||1000 USD|
- Tuition fees of the medical universities mentioned in the table are subject to fluctuation.
- Contact EDUVANTI for more details regarding tuition fees, hostel cost, and conversion of USD to INR.
Course Duration for MBBS in Ukraine
The duration of studying MBBS in Ukraine is of 6 years:
The course duration in Ukraine for MBBS includes 5 years of course and 1 year of an internship program.
Complete Syllabus of MBBS in Ukraine (Year Wise)
Following are the subjects that are covered in MBBS course syllabus in Ukraine:
1st Year – MBBS Syllabus (Semester 1 & 2)
|Medical Biology||36 hours||72 hours|
|Histology||58 hours||126 hours|
|Human Anatomy||54 hours||246 hours|
|History of Medicine||18 hours||18 hours|
|Chemistry||36 hours||84 hours|
|Biophysics||36 hours||72 hours|
|History of Ukraine||18 hours||36 hours|
|Politology||26 hours||18 hours|
|Psychology and Pedagogics||18 hours||18 hours|
|Russian Language||160 hours||18 hours|
2nd Year & 3rd Year – MBBS Syllabus (Semester 3, 4, 5 & 6)
|Medical Cybernetics||16 hours||36 hours|
|General Surgery||20 hours||40 hours|
|Biochemistry||60 hours||120 hours|
|Sociology||18 hours||18 hours|
|Economics||14 hours||32 hours|
|Normal Physiology||80 hours||160 hours|
|Microbiology||54 hours||126 hours|
|Pathological Anatomy||72 hours||90 hours|
|Pharmacology||72 hours||90 hours|
|Pathological Physiology||36 hours||90 hours|
|Radial Therapy||36 hours||72 hours|
|Diagnostics||36 hours||72 hours|
|Operative Surgery||36 hours||84 hours|
|General Hygiene||36 hours||82 hours|
|General Surgery||38 hours||104 hours|
|Propaedeutic of Children Diseases||58 hours||144 hours|
|Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases||58 hours||144 hours|
4th Year – MBBS Syllabus (Semester 7 & 8)
|Social Medicine||36 hours||76 hours|
|General Hygiene||36 hours||54 hours|
|Basics of Dentistry||–||18 hours|
|Obstetrics||36 hours||90 hours|
|Psychiatry and Narcology||36 hours||90 hours|
|Outpatient Care||14 hours||32 hours|
|Sports Medicine||18 hours||42 hours|
|Dermatovenerol Diseases||24 hours||32 hours|
|Faculty Pediatrics||36 hours||72 hours|
|Nervous Diseases||36 hours||76 hours|
|Radiative Medicine||12 hours||24 hours|
|Physiatrics||18 hours||36 hours|
|Endocrinology||18 hours||36 hours|
|Faculty Therapy||40 hours||94 hours|
|Neurosurgery||12 hours||24 hours|
5th Year – MBBS Syllabus (Semester 9 & 10)
|Ophthalmology||18 hours||42 hours|
|Urology||18 hours||42 hours|
|Otorhinolaryngology||18 hours||30 hours|
|Hospital Therapy||42 hours||81 hours|
|Clinical Genetics||12 hours||24 hours|
|Clinical Genetics||12 hours||24 hours|
|External and Military Medicine||2 hours||24 hours|
|Occupational Diseases||18 hours||36 hours|
|Traumatology and Orthopaedics||18 hours||42 hours|
|Gynecology||18 hours||36 hours|
|Hospital Surgery||36 hours||82 hours|
|Children Surgery||36 hours||36 hours|
|Infectious & Tropical Diseases||42 hours||72 hours|
|Epidemiology||12 hours||36 hours|
|Oncology||12 hours||48 hours|
|Forensic Medicine||20 hours||36 hours|
6th Year – MBBS Syllabus (Semester 11 & 12)
|Clinical Immunology||54 hours||28 hours|
|Hygiene||52 hours||36 hours|
|Outpatient Care||81 hours||45 hours|
|Organisation of Health Protection||48 hours||–|
|Infectious Diseases||108 hours||–|
|Internal Diseases||242 hours||–|
|Children Diseases||72 hours||–|
|Clinical Pharmacology||36hours||18 hours|
|Oncology||40 hours||36 hours|
|Children Surgery||38 hours||–|
|Gynecology and Obstetrics||180 hours||90 hours|
|Physiatry||72 hours||36 hours|
|Surgical Diseases||126 hours||160 hours|
Once the student clears all the semesters then he/she will be eligible for the paid internship.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
All the Indian students have to fulfill these criteria to take admission for MBBS degree in medical universities of Ukraine:
- The age of the students should be 18 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to MBBS course.
- The student must have completed class 12th from any regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB, if the student is from general category and at least 40% in PCB, if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- The candidate should have to clear NEET entrance test followed by Medical Council of India.
Admission Procedure to Study Medicine in Ukraine
All the students who fit into the eligibility criteria and have all the documents ready, should follow the step by step admission process as mentioned below:
The procedure of taking MBBS admission in Ukraine has become very easy and simple. Exams like IELTS and TOEFL are not required for the students to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Step 1: Fill up the registration/Application form.
Step 2: The candidate received the confirmation/offer letter from the university through their online admission portal.
Step 3: The candidate received the confirmation/offer letter from the university through their online admission portal.
Step 4: Once the MBBS admission is confirmed, the immigration procedure will begin.
Step 5: After you get the invitation letter, please visit the Embassy of Ukraine in Delhi.
Details required while filing application form for the MBBS Course:
- Date & Place of Birth
- Name, Surname
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number, Email Address
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in Ukraine
Students need to keep the following documents ready to apply for MBBS course in Ukraine’s medical universities:
- Academic certificates (SSC & HSC)
- Academic Marksheets, SSC and HSC
- NEET marksheet
- Passport size photos 8
- Medical certificate
- Student Visa
- Medical Insurance
- Latest Covid-19 test certificate
Most Important Benefits of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Here, we, At EDUVANTI listed some of the benefits of studying MBBS course in Ukraine as given below:
- Any donation and capitation fees are not required at the time of admission process.
- World Class Medical Schools.
- Low cost study.
- All best medical colleges in Ukraine are globally recognized (NMC, WHO & UNESCO).
- Innovative and Bilingual education structure.
- Well organized research and Seminars.
- As MBBS in Ukraine is authorized Worldwide, the extent of employment for MBBS graduate is more.
- Live training.
- Various opportunities are available for participating in international exchange programs, conferences and other scientific projects.
- Safe environment (for religions).
- Quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine Medical College is good.
- The Candidate is presented as European Union Standard while study in the Ukraine.
- IELTS & TOEFL as a background is not compulsory for MBBS in Ukraine.
Is MBBS in Ukraine Valid in India?
This is the most important and common concern among all the students and parents:
- Yes, the MBBS degree completed from an NMC approved medical university of Ukraine is valid in India.
- Students should know the details about the medical university they are studying if it is approved by the Medical Council of India.
The Medium of Teaching While Studying MBBS in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the medical universities follow 2 mediums for teaching:
- The medium of teaching in Ukraine (MBBS course) is English and Ukrianian language.
- Foreign students can complete their course in English medium.
MBBS Internship in Ukraine
This is the timetable for internship in Ukraine:
|Medicine||One and half month|
|Surgery||One and half month|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||1 Months|
The Education System in Ukraine
The education system for MBBS course in Ukraine follows the credit pattern:
- The course years of an MBBS degree are divided into semester patterns.
- There are 2 semesters every year.
- The 5 years are of the lectures and practicals including independent work hours, while the 6th year consists of the internship.
- The clinical work starts from the third year of MBBS degree.
Career Options: After Completing MBBS Degree From Ukraine
After completing the MBBS course in Ukraine, students can choose from the following options as a career:
- Once the students completing the medical degree from Ukraine, the Indian students can sit for NMC screening test which is known as FMGE exam.
- Also, he/she can go with a post graduation course from the USA, UK, Canada & any other European countries.
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) exam in India: It is a licensure examination conducted annually twice in a year (June and December) & directed by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India.
Vacations during MBBS in Ukraine
While studying your MBBS course in Ukrainian medical universities, students get vacations 2 times a year.
- Summer vacations are for 2 months. It lasts for July and August months.
- Winter vacations are for 2 weeks. It starts at the end of January month to the first week of February.
MBBS in Ukraine – Age Limit
Indian students need to fulfill age limit criteria for doing MBBS in Ukraine:
- Students need to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The age of students willing to take admission to the MBBS course in Ukraine should not exceed 25 years.
PG Options after MBBS in Ukraine
Students can choose from several PG options after completing MBBS from Ukrainian universities:
- Since the MBBS degree from recognized universities from Ukraine has worldwide recognition, students can opt from options like doing PG or starting a career right away as a surgeon or anything else.
- Doing PG after MBBS from Ukraine is one of the options that students can choose. Students can choose to do PG anywhere just like they choose to do MBBS abroad.
- They can choose to do PG in India, the USA, Ukraine or any other country. To pursue PG in any country, students have to clear the respective entrance exam/screening test of that country/university. So there are many options to do PG after completing MBBS in Ukraine.
How safe is Ukraine for Indian Students?
Ukraine is one of the safest countries for Indian students:
- According to the UL safety index, Ukraine holds 106th rank in safety index.
- It is a safe country for Indian students.
- There has been no harm to any Indian student and the campus environment is a friendly one.
- There are a lot of students coming from several countries.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities during MBBS in Ukraine
During the MBBS course in the medical universities of Ukraine, students get wonderful accommodation facilities:
- There are hostels for foreign students in every university.
- The hostels are provided with all the important facilities and amenities. There are sharing rooms.
- Few universities even provide air conditioned rooms.
- All the rooms are provided with beds, bed sheets, blankets, pillows, tables, and chairs.
- There are common kitchen rooms for cooking Indian food. The students are provided with washing machines and an Indian mess.
- The hostel fees for university accommodations vary but it is affordable.
Courses Offered by the Ukrainian Medical Universities
Many Indian students preferred Ukraine as a destination for their medical degrees as Ukraine offers quality education in various medical degrees. These are the medical degrees offered in Ukraine’s medical universities:
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Important dates to remember for admission to MBBS in Ukraine:
|Application Start Date||January 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||April 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||April 2021|
MBBS in Ukraine – Important FAQs
Which are the top medical universities to study MBBS in Ukraine?
According to EDUVANTI, Bogomolets National Medical University and Vinnitsa National Medical University are the best choices to pursue a medical degree from.
How many Indian students are studying in Ukraine?
According to the latest report of WIO news, there are more than 14,000 Indian students studying in Ukraine, most of which are admitted for medical courses.
How much is the cost of studying the MBBS course in universities of Ukraine?
The approx cost for the whole 6 years course of MBBS in Ukraine including tuition fee and hostel fee is calculated to be Rs. 18, 00,000 to Rs. 30, 00,000. This differs according to the university you are taking admission to.
How many years does it take to complete MBBS from Ukrainian universities?
It takes a total of 6 years to complete an MBBS degree from Ukraine. It includes an internship of 1 year.
What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine?
The climate change and the cold winters are one condition students need to adapt to. Most of the Indian students are not used to the cold temperature atmosphere.
What is the age limit for studying MBBS from Ukraine?
The students should be at least 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Is there is any scope for the students in India, who completed their MBBS education in Ukraine?
Yes, there will be a lot of scope for the indian students after completing MBBS in Ukraine. Only the thing is that, they have to qualify the NMC screening test or FMGE test for practicing in India.
Is the NEET exam is mandatory for MBBS study in Ukraine?
Yes, it is true. Every Indian Medical aspirant who want to take a admission in MBBS course should have to clear NEET entrance test followed by Medical Council of India.
Is there are any scholarships provided to students for MBBS study in Ukraine?
No, be aware of fraud agents. Some agents are conducting fake exams assuring for giving the scholarship in Ukraine. Neither government nor any other agency provides the scholarship for Indian students to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Have a safe environment for Indian students?
All Ukrainian medical colleges & universities take special care for international students. Ukraine is a peaceful country with social harmony and public security. Although, students must verify the Ukraine rank to check where it stands in terms of safety department & also check the crime rates against Indian students if any.
After MBBS from Ukraine, how do I register as a doctor in India?
Basic criteria required for registration:
- Student must be passed from the NMC recognized universities/colleges.
- Students should have the NEXT (National Exit Test) Clearance Certificate.
As per section 27 of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956, the student belonging to Indian nationality entitled as a medical practitioner in India & can work in any part of the country.
For practicing in India, how many times I can apply for screening test?
Firstly, there is no such screening test. You should clear the NEXT exam which has replaced the FMGE exam. There are no such limitations for the NEXT exams.
Can I do my post-graduation in Ukraine?
Yes, students can choose to do their post-graduation from world-wide, and PG in Ukraine is one of the options too.
Can I pay my MBBS tuition fee in installments?
Yes, students are allowed to pay the tuition fee in installments but that also depends on the medical university you are taking admission to.
Why Study MBBS at Ukraine for Indian Students
- Quality education
- English Medium
- Low tuition fees and living cost
- Globally recognized courses (WHO, UNESCO, EUROPEAN COUNCIL, MCI, etc.)
- European life standard
- The facility of opening a bank account in Ukrainian international bank
- Quick and simple admission process
- Better job prospects
- Multicultural environment
- Moderate Climate around the year
- Outstanding international faculty
- One of the best transportation systems in Europe
- Emphasis on practical aspects of teaching
- No IELTS/TOEFL required