Kharkiv National Medical University
Official Representative of
Kharkiv National Medical University
“We are official representatives of Kharkiv National Medical University”
Table of Content
Let’s know more about the city where Kharkiv National Medical University is situated:
- Kharkiv city was founded in 1653, situated in the north-eastern part of Ukraine which is the largest city after Kyiv.
- Kharkiv is the second-most educational center of Ukraine with higher education and research in Europe.
- The Kharkiv has 40 higher educational institutions including state and private universities, academics and specialized institutes.
- Around 3,00,000 students live in Kharkiv, out of them,12,000 are foreign students.
- The Kharkiv is also well-known for industrial space comprises the fields of electronics and machinery.
- Peaceful rivers, easy walking and cycling routes, national parks, beautiful glimpse of parks are the highlights of Kharkiv city.
|City’s Population||14.2 Lakhs|
|Area Sq.km||350 km²|
|Local Language Russian||Russian|
|Average Temperature||7.4 °C | 45.3 °F|
|Currency: Exchange Rate||1 Ukrainian Hryvnia to 2.60 INR|
|Most Followed Religion||Orthodox Christianity|
About Kharkiv National Medical University, Ukraine
Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) that was earlier known as Kharkiv Medical Institute and prior to that Kharkiv State Medical University.
Kharkiv National Medical University is one of those pivotal universities who set the foundation of medical education in 1805. It started attracting international students after it received a status of national university.
National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO), and General Medical Council (GMC-Uk) have recognized the medical training program of Kharkiv National Medical University.
The university appreciates the practical nature of education and that’s the reason 700 Indians learn medicine at the Kharkiv National Medical University. With the elegant force of 600 expert professors, the university has trained over 10,000 graduates who are now serving at superior positions of international hospitals.
The education policy of KNMU includes quality assurance, university management, and international contacts within the scope of the university’s competence. It is a renowned place to study medicine, surgery, radiology, dentistry, and anatomy at an economic rate of tuition fee structure.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The Kharkiv National Medical University is recognized and accredited by:
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University
Checkout the major reasons to choose Kharkiv National Medical University for pursuing MBBS Career:
- Subjects are taught in English/Russian Medium
- WHO and MCI recognized Medical degree
- Guest lectures and seminars are conducted by experts
- Bilateral Student exchange program with European universities
- Opportunities to work in abroad
- Get a top-notch medical education to clear FMGE exam.
- Affordable cost of training
Kharkiv National Medical University – Quick Overview
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Tuition Fees||$ 4800/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English & European|
|Recognition of Universities||NMC & WHO Approved|
|University Ranking||Ukraine Ranking – 122|
World Ranking – 7866
Kharkiv National Medical University Fee Structure 2021
The University is providing quite affordable range of fee price for MBBS course:
|FEE STRUCTURE||YEAR – 1||YEAR – 2||YEAR – 3||YEAR – 4||YEAR – 5||YEAR – 6|
|Tuition Fee||$ 4800||$ 4800||$ 4800||$ 4800||$ 4800||$ 4800|
|Hostel||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000|
|Food||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000|
|Total Fees||$ 6,800||$ 6,800||$ 6,800||$ 6,800||$ 6,800||$ 6,800|
- OTC – One Time Charges are applicable in Ukraine (1st Year Only)
- $1 = Rs.70 (It may vary)
- All the fees to the university have to be paid in US $ only
- All the above-mentioned living expenses are subject to the student’s lifestyle and university
- Tuition & Hostel fees may increase every year
- No hidden charges
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University
Mentioned below is the medicine course duration of Kharkiv National Medical University:
- The students coming to pursue MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University from different parts of the world must complete 6 years of Medicine program.
- During 6 years Medical aspirants will get basic medicine knowledge. Including theoretical as well as practical knowledge from our top class faculty members providing the high standard of education.
- After the MBBS course the students must go through 1 year of compulsory Internship program in India.
Kharkiv National Medical University MBBS Syllabus
The students must go through the syllabus for better understanding of MBBS course:
Semester 1 & Semester 2
Semester 3 & Semester 4
|Human Anatomy||Normal Physiology|
|History of Medicine||Microbiology|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology||Philosophy|
|Histology, Cytology, and Embryology||Economics|
|Bio-inorganic, Information science, and Medical Equipment||Russian language|
|Medical Biology, Genetics, and Parasitology||Logics|
Semester 5 & Semester 6
Semester 7 & Semester 8
|Bases of psychology and pedagogic||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Social medicine and organization of health protection services||Remedial gymnastics and sport medicine|
|Pharmacology and Medical dispensing of medicine||Dermatovenerol diseases|
|Pathological physiology||Psychiatry, Narcology and Medical psychology|
|Propaedeutic of children diseases with the care of children||Nervous diseases|
|Radial diagnostics and radial therapy||Faculty pediatrics with Medical genetics|
|General surgery with anesthesiology and cafe of patients||Radioactive medicine|
|Topographic Anatomy||Phthisiatry (Tuberculosis)|
|Propaedeutic of inner diseases with the care of patients||Facultative therapy with physiotherapy|
|General hygiene||Economics of health protection|
|Basics of law||Therapy|
|Military Field Surgery||–|
Semester 9 & Semester 10
Semester 11 & Semester 12
|ENT||Social medicine and organization of health protection|
|Hospital therapy and military field therapy||Economics of health protection|
|Occupational diseases||Internal medicine|
|Traumatology and orthopedic||Infectious diseases|
|Hospital podiatry||Tropical diseases|
|Pediatrics surgery||Children infection diseases|
|Infectious and tropical diseases||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Epidemiology and military epidemiology||Pediatric surgery|
|Children infectious diseases||Reanimatology (intensive care)|
|Urgent states medicine of catastrophes||Clinical immunology and allergology|
Below given are the eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University:
- The candidate must be 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The applicants must have cleared NEET exam.
- All the candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as elective subjects and acquired at least half in a total of PCB joined. Also, students must have studied and passed English as an obligatory subject.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum 50% of marks in subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry combined.
The admission process for taking admission to Kharkiv National Medical University is mentioned below step by step:
Step 1: In order to apply to this University, and send an international application, students should contact EDUVANTI by email@example.com and must send the following documents:
- Secondary school completion certificate
- International passport or birth certificate
Step 2: For further admission confirmation and guidance in registering to the University, the scanned documents are to be sent to the University by email for evaluation of eligibility.
Step 3: Along with other details of enrollment, the student will be granted an admission confirmation letter in case they are eligible.
Step 4: Students must apply for INVITATION LETTER, and it must be delivered to the home address of the applicant at the Embassy of Ukraine.
Step 5: Students are advised to pay the first year admission fee to process the admission further.
Step 6: With the original receipt of the admission fee students should apply for the student’s visa and passport.
Step 7: Students must inform about their flight details to the University so that a representative from the University can pick them up at the airport.
Required Documents: For MBBS Admission Process
Students should have the following documents already cleared before proceeding for the admission process:
- A Passport (Valid for a minimum of 2 years)
- Academic certificates (SSC, HSC, NEET)
- Student Visa
- Expenses necessary for the Academic year
- 5 colour photos (size 35×45 mm) matted
- Welcome Letter from the University
- Original Education Certificates (10th and 12th) and copies of Education Certificates
- Birth Certificate’s copy
- Affirmation Letter
- Flight tickets To and Fro.
- Money related status of Guardians record (or Student’s record, if they are responsible to pay).
Kharkiv National Medical University – Ranking 2020
Rankings of Kharkiv National Medical University are:
Scholarship at KNMU
Scholarships program is also available in the Kharkiv National Medical University:
- Kharkiv National Medical University provides scholarships to the certain category of students.
- Applicable for ST/SC/OBC category students who can’t afford the university fee structure.
Hostel & Accommodation
The University Provides excellent accommodation facility to International students along with basic amenities:
- Kharkiv National Medical University provides one of the best accommodation facilities to foreign students.
- There are rooms allocated to students on a sharing basis, separate basis, single, double and triple share basis.
- Students are provided with all the luxurious facilities.
- Common kitchen and washing machines are provided for the students.
- The rooms are provided with Wifi, bed, blanker, tables, chairs and cupboards.
- There is a team for students who take care of the cleanliness and hygiene of the hostel area.
Cost of Living in Kharkiv
The living cost of the city is much cheaper which may vary as per individual requirements, here is the monthly cost:
|PARTICULARS||APPROX RANGE IN USD||APPROX RANGE IN RS|
|Rent||USD 142 – 170||Rs 10,000 – 11,900|
|Meal cost||USD 100||Rs 7000|
|Transportation cost||USD 15 – 16||Rs 2800- 3500 Rs 1050 – 1120|
1$ = 70 Rs
Kharkiv National Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
The FMGE performance of Kharkiv National Medical University for the year of 2019 with passing percent is as follows:
|NAME OF UNIVERSITY||APPEARED||TOTAL PASS||PASS %|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||302||120||39.74%|
- KNMU has worldwide economic and social relations reflected in the student’s body of a university.
- Kharkiv National Medical University has bilateral agreements with associate universities in the world.
- University actively participates in international exchange programs with a large number of foreign Ph.D. students, visiting professors, and researchers.
- Kharkiv National Medical University is a member of national and international organizations registered under UNESCO
Student Life at Kharkiv National Medical University
- Life of Students at KNMU is very interactive and smooth and students can easily access to all awesome spots to relax and enjoy along with their study.
- Life is not expensive at Kharkiv and hence it is considered as a great advantage.
- University has Friendly Environment and its main objective is to provide better education to its students.
- Students of KNMU get exposure and get a chance to meet different cultured people.
KNMU also provides opportunities for students to improve their talents through:
- Youth Centre
- Club and Funny Activity
- Intellectual club
Faculties offered at KNMU
The faculties offered at Kharkiv National Medical University:
Kharkiv National Medical University – Academic Calendar 2021
|Application Start Date||June|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||September|
Is Indian mess available for students living at the KNMU?
KNMU has an arrangement of Indian restaurants where desi meal is available for the Indian students at a minimum cost.
How many Indian students are learning in this university?
Around 900 Indian students are studying at Kharkiv National Medical University
Is there are any increase in fees after taking the admissions?
No, Tuition fees will remain the same but the hostel or the mess fees might be changed.
What is the flight duration from Delhi to Kharkiv?
There is a direct flight from Delhi to Kyiv about 7 hours and from Kiev to Kharkiv about 1 hour. The duration may vary if any layover happens.
How many of NMC recognized medical universities in Kharkiv?
Kharkiv National Medical University and V.N.Karazin National University are the 2 NMC recognized medical universities in Kharkiv.
Can I get scholarships from the Kharkiv Medical University for studying MBBS course?
Yes. But, you have to satisfy eligibility criteria as prescribed in the university’s official portal.
Is the NEET exam is compulsory for enrolling MBBS course at Kharkiv University?
Yes. As per the rules and regulations of NTA, NEET is mandatory for every medical aspirant.
What are the conditions for applying for scholarships?
Scholarships are state-funded and completely on merit basis.
Why Study MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University?
The major reasons to choose Kharkiv National Medical University for pursuing MBBS Career:
- Subjects are taught in English/Russian Medium.
- WHO and NMC recognized Medical degree.
- Guest lectures and seminars are conducted by experts.
- Bilateral Student exchange program with European universities.
- Opportunities to work in abroad.
- Get a top-notch medical education to clear FMGE exam.
- KNMU implements simulation based learning methodologies to promote practical education of medical subjects.
- The university has acquired modern equipment in their children hospital that will help the students for practical training of clinical practices.
- It has started effective communications in medical universities to train the students in other soft skill areas.
- Electronic (online) courses are also made available to train the students when the physical form of lectures are not feasible due to any technicality.
- KNMU also conducts the student’s exchange program once in a year for diverse learning orientation of the students with other Ukrainian universities.
- No entrance exams except NEET is required for this NMC approved university and the fees of the courses are affordable.