Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
Official Representative of
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University.
“We are official representatives of Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University”
Table of Content
Let’s know more about the city where Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is situated:
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is located in the city of Vinnytsia located about 260 km (160 mi) southwest of the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
Population – 370,707. Area – 1,132 km2
The climate of Vinnytsia Oblast city is warm-summer.
The name of Vinnytsia appeared for the first time in 1363. It is assumed that the name is derived from the old Slavic word “Vino”, meaning “bride price.” This name can be explained by the fact that Vinnytsia and the surrounding land were captured by Lithuanian Duke Algirdas in the 14th century, and then, they were given as a gift to his nephews.
Vinnytsia is a city on the Southern Bug River, in west-central Ukraine. Set in the river, the large Multimedia Fountain Roshen emits sound and colored light. The landscaped Gorky Park has a skate park, sports stadium and planetarium. The Pirogov Estate Museum complex, commemorating surgeon Nikolay Pirogov, includes a house, pharmacy and burial vault. The vast Friendship of Peoples Park has a lake and forested areas.
Vinnytsia is located about 260 km (160 mi) southwest of the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, 429 km (267 mi) north-northwest of the Black Sea port city of Odessa, and 369 km (229 mi) east of Lviv.
It is the administrative center of the Vinnytsia Oblast (province), as well as the administrative center of the surrounding Vinnytsia Raion (district) within the oblast. The city itself is directly subordinated to the oblast.
About Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University, Ukraine
Vinnitsa National Medical University was established in 1921. The educational institution was named after Pirogov in 1960. Vinnitsa National Medical University has been granted the status of a university in the year 1994.
The university has a high level of experienced staff for academic curriculum. The national status of the university was awarded as “Diplomas of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine”.
The Vinnitsa National Medical University has well-biased faculties who guide the students not only in studies also for a career.
Vasil Maksimovich Moroz (M.D., Professor) is a rector of the university and a member of National Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine.
The university has got state prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology.
Structure of Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University:
- There are 126 doctors of sciences and 677 candidates of sciences in the medical departments.
- 25 honored scientists and technicians of Ukraine
- The university has honored workers of higher education in Ukraine along with 3 academicians of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- The university is proud to have 12 honored doctors of Ukraine, 5 winners of state prize of Ukraine.
- The university has 26 computer classes, 4 channels of internet network with free access for all the students.
- The university has 12 scientific schools collaborated with medical faculties of universities in 19 foreign countries.
- Faculties of departments are involved in the implementation of 62 international projects.
Accreditation and Recognitions
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation, which has a long history and glorious traditions. Subordinated to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
International Recognition of University :
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
- Medical Council of India
- World Health Organization
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Advantages of pursuing MBBS in Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
- Students who wish to pursue MBBS in Vinnytsia National Medical University will get direct admission in MD Physician (MBBS) program (No Premedical course or NMAT exam is conducted in Ukraine)
- The education is completely in English it gives opportunity to student to move to English speaking nations after completion of Undergraduate degree
- Ukraine is the GATEWAY to Europe, Students Graduated from Ukraine have more chances to get settled in EU than students who have Graduated from Asia or Africa continents
- The Standard of Education followed by Vinnytsia National Medical University is High Quality and Teachers/Lecturers and professors here are highly qualified and leaders in their field.
- Total Course Tuition Fees for completion of MBBS in Vinnytsia National Medical University is very low for Indian Students.
- No English Proficiency Test such as IELTS/TOEFL is required for Admission in Vinnytsia National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine.
- The Admission Process is very transparent and can be done in short span of time, we at MBBSUNIVERSITIES.COM will guide you with our expertise in the field and more than a decade of experience to finish the entire process hassle free, During the Admission procedure one of our doctor will always be in touch with you who knows the ins and outs of the procedure to help you anytime whenever you are stuck. We guarantee cheapest package for all “A” Grade Government Medical Universities to pursue Cheapest MBBS in Ukraine
- Ukraine is a part of the Bologna Process [The Bologna Process is a series of ministerial meetings and agreements between European countries designed to ensure comparability of the standards and quality of higher education qualifications] which ensures a high quality of education.
- The basic framework is three cycles of higher-education qualifications. The framework adopted by the ministers at their meeting in Bergen in 2005 defines the qualifications in terms of learning outcomes: statements of what students know and can do on completing their degrees. In describing the cycles, the framework uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS):
- First cycle: typically 180–240 ECTS credits (a minimum of 60 credits per academic year), usually awarding a bachelor’s degree. The European Higher Education Area did not introduce the bachelor-with-honours programme, which allows graduates to receive a “BA hons. ” degree (for example, in the UK, Australia and Canada) which (in the UK and Australia) may enable graduates to begin doctoral studies without first obtaining a master’s degree.
- Second cycle: typically 90–120 ECTS credits (a minimum of 60 ECTS per academic year), usually awarding a master’s degree
- Third cycle (doctoral degree): There is no concrete ECTS range, since the disciplines vary in length and comprehensiveness. In most cases, it would take three to four years to earn a bachelor’s degree and another one or two years for a master’s degree. Doctoral degrees usually require another two to four years of specialization, primarily individual research under a mentor. Degree names may vary by country. One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS credits, equivalent to 1,500–1,800 hours of study.
- The Professor to Student Ratio in Practical Classes is 1:12 to 1:14 which gives individual attention to all the students present in the group and easy interaction with teachers.
- The World Ranking of the Vinnytsia National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine is high
- The Universities of Ukraine are World Wide Accepted & Recognised by International Bodies and Organizations such; –
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Health Organization (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine)
- UNESCO and many other international organization
- No Capacitation fee/Donation & No Hidden charges. Studying MBBS in Ukraine costs 60-70% lower than the Private Medical Colleges in India. Thousands of students successfully Graduated from Ukraine after Completion of MBBS in Ukraine and are practicing in India, USA, UK & UAE.
USD = 25 Ukrainian hryvnia Cost of living is very Low in Ukraine.
Guest lecturers/professors and visiting faculty of the Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University in Ukraine include Globally Acclaimed Teachers and working professionals who are able to share their knowledge and experience with the young minds.
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University – Quick Overview
|Last Date to Apply||November, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 passed with 60% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 3.50 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|No. of Hostels||5|
|Recognition of University||MCI, WHO and UΝЕЅСО accredited|
|University Ranking||Ukraine Ranking – 64 / World Ranking – 5596|
|Number of Students||5,500+ (including more than 1200 international students)|
Benefits of Studying in Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
- World class Infrastructure at National Pirogov Memorial Medical University.
- University Gives opportunity to students of different nationalities to come together at one platform and share knowledge.
- Indian students wishing to study at Vinnitsa National Medical University gets an opportunity to study medicine in English medium throughout the course duration.
- Vinnitsa National Medical University teachers and professors have experience of teaching across the world
- Affordable fees is the key for students to board at Vinnitsa National Medical University campus
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University – Fee Structure 2020-21
|Fee Structure||YEAR – 1||YEAR – 2||YEAR – 3||YEAR – 4||YEAR – 5||YEAR – 6|
|Tuition Fee||$ 5000||$ 5000||$ 5000||$ 5000||$ 5000||$ 5000|
|Hostel||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000|
|Food||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000||$ 1000|
|Total Fees||$ 7,000||$ 7,000||$ 7,000||$ 7,000||$ 7,000||$ 7,000|
- This university would include OTC – One Time Charges in Ukraine
- $1 = Rs.70 (It may vary)
- All the fees to the university have to be paid in US$ only
- All the above-mentioned living expenses are subject to the student’s lifestyle and university
- Tuition & Hostel fees may increase every year
- No hidden charges
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
The MBBS course duration at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University consists of the theoretical and practical courses as well as the internship:
- The course duration at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is 6 years.
- This includes one year of internship for the students in the affiliated hospitals of the university.
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University: MBBS Syllabus
Students have to go through the following syllabus to know the subjects and faculties which are going to be taught during the MBBS course at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University:
1st Year Course
|SEMESTER – I||SEMESTER – II|
|Human anatomy||Medical Chemistry|
|History of Medicine||–|
2nd Year Course
|SEMESTER – III||SEMESTER – IV|
|Emergency Medicine||Elective Course|
3rd Year Course
|SEMESTER – V||SEMESTER – VI|
|Pediatrics||KROK – State Exam 1|
|Medical Hygiene||Internal Disease|
4th Year Course
|SEMESTER – VII||SEMESTER – VIII|
|Obs & Gyn||Neurology|
5th Year Course
|SEMESTER – IX||SEMESTER – X|
|Internal Medicine||Community Medicine|
6th Year Course
|SEMESTER – XI||SEMESTER – XII|
|Internal Medicine||Community Medicine|
|Elective Course||Obs & Gyn|
Eligibility Criteria: For Medicine Course
One must fulfil in the eligibility clauses mentioned below to take admission to Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University for the MBBS course:
- The candidate must have a minimum 75% score in English subjects at class 10 and 10+2 level.
- The candidates should have a minimum 75% of marks in Physics, biology and Chemistry subjects.
- The candidate should mail the above documents to the admission department at VNMU at the time of the application process.
Admission Procedure at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University in Ukraine
Follow the step-by-step admission process shown below to have a hassle-free admission in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University:
The academic year starts from 1st September every year. Preparatory courses start from 1st October onwards.
Step 1: To get admission in Vinnitsa National Medical University without undergoing preparatory department studies, the candidates should have to pass the interviews in biology, chemistry, and language of studies/instruction.
Step 2: The foreign students who have higher secondary school certificate from the recognized university are eligible to apply for a medical course at VNMU.
Step 3: If a student wants to study a medical course in the Ukrainian language, they have to undergo preparatory courses at VNMU.
Step 4: The tuition fee does not include the paid medical insurance and medical examination on arrival to the university.
Step 5: Candidates should have to submit attested copy of documents at the time of admission process.
Step 6: After counseling and interview process, the eligible candidate will get an offer letter from the university.
Required Documents: For MBBS Admission Process
No matter which state you are from in India, you can get your admission done through EDUVANTI.
Students should make sure to have the following documents to take admission for MBBS at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University:
- Visa Application form
- Original valid passport
- 3 photographs (35×45 mm)
- Original invitation letter arranged by EDUVANTI
- Medical health certificate HIV/AIDS reports
- Travel Insurance valid for the period of travel
- To and Fro journey ticket (required for Ukrainian student visa)
- Bank statement from student or any of the two parents where min balance should be 3.5 lakh
- Affidavit on stamp paper
- Authorisation letter by parents and students
Lviv National Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to https://www.4icu.org/reviews/4659.htm, following is the country and world ranking for Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University:
Medium of teaching
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University provides English medium of education.
Vinnitsa National Medical University has its own Government hostel which are located right adjacent to the University’s area. The rooms provided in the hostel have:
- Basic furniture which is necessary for the student.
- Centrally heated Rooms, Kitchen and Corridors.
- Rooms are available on sharing basis (2 students, 3 students and 4 students).
- All rooms are equipped with Beds, Mattress, Pillow, Bedsheet, Blanket, Desk, Chair, Central Heater (Note- Television is not available in rooms).
- Vinnitsa National Medical University hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it.
As Indian students arrive at the University, firstly they will undergo a medical and fitness test. Once the university is satisfied with medical reports of students after that rooms will be assigned to the students.
University has its indoor and outdoor physical activity place, students can do work out and play games to keep themselves healthy and fit.
Off-campus housing can be obtained in nearby apartments. Available apartments and houses are furnished and vary in size, cost and number of conveniences.
Vinnytsia is a B tier city, less traffic and fresh air makes the city lovable. At first, some students may feel home sick, miss home cooked food but soon students learn to enjoy a cultural different from their own.
Hostels at Vinnitsa National Medical University feature’s:
- 24- hour ambulance service
- 24- hour doctor on call
- 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it.
- Hostels timings 6 am – 11 pm, students are not allowed to leave hostel after 11:00 pm
Living Cost at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University, Ukraine
|Faculty of General Medicine||4400 US$ per annum|
|Pharmaceutical Faculty||3600 US$ per annum|
|Faculty of Dentistry||4600 US$ per annum|
|Preparatory Faculty||1600 US$ per annum|
Note: The cost of a student health examination after the commencement of each academic year evaluated either separately or with the cost of medical insurance.
|Particulars||For Dormitories||For Apartment|
|Transportation||$ 20||$ 50|
|Food||$ 100-$ 150||$ 150-$ 200|
|Rent||$ 50||Varies as per apartment|
|Miscellaneous||$ 100||$ 100-$ 150|
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
Find the passing percent and appeared students in year 2019 for Vinnitsa National Medical University is here in the table below:
|NAME OF UNIVERSITY||APPEARED||TOTAL PASS||PASS %|
|Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University||134||49||36.57%|
Faculties Offered in Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
1. Medical Faculty
- The faculty consists of 38 departments including 23 clinical and 15 theoretical divisions.
- In these departments, there are 5 fundamental profiles, 4 humanitarian and socio-economic profiles and 31 are professionally oriented.
- Also, there are 469 teachers in the department including 269 professors, 336 have a medical degree out of which 67 are the candidates of science, 4 honored scientist and technician of Ukraine.
2. Dentistry Faculty
- The faculty of Dentistry was established at VNMU in the year 1994.
- The Ministry of Education accredited the licensed admission to the first year with 120 number of students.
- During the first 4 years of Dentistry, the departments taught are therapeutic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, surgical stomatology, orthopedic stomatology.
- Postolovskaya T.T. was the first Dean appointed to Dentistry faculty from 1994 onwards.
3. Pharmaceutical Faculty
- The Pharmaceutical faculty have 300 students in the field of clinical pharmacy from various countries abroad.
- International students can study either in Russian or English language.
- After completion of the 5-year course, graduates are awarded as “Pharmacists”.
- The faculty has 100 trained specialists in the pharmaceutical department with educational, scientific and methodological achievement.
4. Preparatory Faculty
- The preparatory faculty is one of the oldest faculty of Vinnitsa National Medical University.
- At the preparatory department, there are assistant professors, senior professors, Ph.D. are provided for counseling and teaching process.
- The faculty consists of chairs: Chair of Ukrainian language and chair of natural sciences.
- The academic curriculum contains subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Geography.
5. Faculty of Post Graduation
- After completion of the graduation course, one who wants to continue as a specialist, post graduation courses are available for those students in the respective fields.
- The duration of the course is about 2-years.
- During the course of study, practical aspects are taught by highly qualified teaching staff.
Students who wish to study abroad have to apply for a student visa. The process of applying for a student visa is described below:
- Foreign citizens who want to study MBBS in Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University should have to apply to the International Affair Office for the invitation to study.
- Candidates should have to send original documents to following email-id ‘email@example.com’
- After reviewing the documents, they are sent to the Ukrainian State Centre of International Education.
- After verification, students will get the registration number and invitation letter also.
- After getting an invitation letter from Vinnitsa National Medical University, the candidates should have to apply for a visa in the Ukrainian Embassy of Delhi for Indian students.
- The candidate can apply for a visa from 15th July to 10th October.
- The processing time for a visa is 60 days from the date of visa application.
NEET compulsion for MBBS in Abroad
As per the Medical Council of Indian, any student who wishes to pursue MBBS from abroad must qualify NEET-UG exam, any student who fails to get minimum qualifying score in NEET-UG is not allowed to enrol for Medical Universities Abroad.
International Student’s Faculty
- The international student’s faculty at Vinnitsa National Medical University was founded in 1996.
- The aim of the faculty is to integrate university into a worldwide education system.
- It endeavors to study and apply for the leading experience in the field of high medical education, to develop research projects & to promote VNMU achievements in the world.
- Increase in a number of foreign students results in FSF’s high professionalism.
- It ensures the quality of education for international students in the University.
- Students have an option to choose their language of instruction as per convenience.
- About 90% of international students are studying their medical courses in the English language.
- The students who want to study MBBS in Ukrainian or Russian language, they can enroll themselves for a preparatory course with a period of 10 months.
Our university has turned more than 90 years since its foundation. On the occasion of granting the status of a national university, we celebrate an anniversary in the month of June.
From the past decades, Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University has set the educational standard among the universities in Ukraine. We are glad to have such wonderful faculties and staffs who have got a state prize of Ukraine.
We have graduates from foreign citizens who are teaching the university’s students almost from 50 years. Nowadays, more than 1400 foreign citizens from 56 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa.
Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University – Important FAQs
Is Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University MCI approved?
Yes, it is MCI approved.
What is the course duration for MBBS at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University?
The duration of the MBBS course at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is 6 years.
How is the MBBS course duration divided at Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University?
The 6 years MBBS course is divided into 5 years of course and 1 year of Internship.
Why is there a separate eligibility criterion about the English language?
The medium of teaching in Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University for foreign students is English, and there is no need to clear TOEFL or IELTS exams, hence there is a separate criterion about the English language.
Where is the Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University located?
The Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University is located in the Vinnytsia city of Ukraine.
Know about ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
Students who want to know about the European Union Credit Transfer System must go through these points:
- European Union Course Credits Transfer System (ECTS) was established by the commission of the European Union in order to approve the procedures of academic recognition of studies abroad.
- The ECTS system depends upon the mutual relationship between higher education institutions.
- ECTS system makes the study programme flexible and readable for both local and foreign students.
- ECTS has developed the accumulation system at Institutional, national, regional and European level.
- ECTS helps the universities to revise their academic study programmes.
- ECTS facilitates academic recognition of universities at international level.
- ECTS system based on 3 core activities:
- Information (study programmes)
- Mutual agreement (between partner institutions and student)
- Use of ECTS credits (to indicate students workload)