Medical University of Lodz
Table of Content
About Lodz City
Check out the detailed information about the Lodz city:
- Lodz is one of the largest city in Poland lies on the northwestern edge of the Lodz highlands on the watershed of the Vistula river.
- Today, Lodz has become a leading center in Poland for the production of cotton textiles.
- The Lodz is an independent city in Poland after the world war I.
- The city also has an important railway junction on the Warsaw-Wroclaw rail line.
- Lodz city has modern museums, music centers, and theatre.
- It is a center of the Polish film industry with a flourishing art community.
- The population of Lodz is around 742,000 which is the 3rd largest urban center in Poland.
- Lodz is considered as a tourist destination and popular for its interesting architecture, industrial ambiance and friendly atmosphere.
About Medical University of Lodz, Poland
The Medical University of Lodz was founded on 27th July 2002 by the Parliament of Poland. Today, over 770 students from various countries study medicine at the Medical University of Lodz.
The programs are taught in English language and accepted internationally. The university has 4 teaching hospitals with 1600 beds affiliated to constitute department for highly specialized diagnostic and treatment services.
Professor Andrzej Lewinski was the first rector of Medical University of Lodz institutions by the agreement of Ministry of Health. The university also listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) which provides information about international medical school.
Accreditation and Recognitions
The Medical University of Lodz is fully recognised by different medical bodies mentioned below:
- The Medical University of Lodz is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Affiliated with European University Foundation
Medical University of Lodz – Quick Overview
Consider the table given below to quickly know the information regarding the medical course admissions at The Medical University of Lodz:
|Intake for MBBS Course||March|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Yes, It’s required|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 9.17 Lakh/Year|
|MBBS Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & Polish|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 67, World Rank – 4978|
Advantages of studying in Poland
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Poland don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is affordable.
- Medical colleges in Poland are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students can be easily earned by doing part-time work.
- Poland MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Poland provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Poland medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Poland offer practical training to medical students.
Medical University of Lodz of Bialystok: MBBS Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure at The Medical University of Lodz is quite affordable for worldwide MBBS aspirants:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Fees in Euro||11200 Euro||11000 Euro||11000 Euro||11000 Euro||11000 Euro||11000 Euro|
|Fees in USD||13104 USD||12864 USD||12864 USD||12864 USD||12864 USD||12864 USD|
|Fees in Rs||9,17,280 Rs||9,00,480 Rs||9,00,480 Rs||9,00,480 Rs||9,00,480 Rs||9,00,480 Rs|
- 1$ = Rs.70
Apply today for Free Counseling
Course Duration of MBBS at Medical University of Lodz
The Medical University of Lodz offers 6 years of medicine course to the worldwide medical aspirants:
- The duration of MBBS at the Medical University of Lodz is 6 years and the medium of teaching will be in the English language.
- The students will achieve theoretical knowledge and practical skills of medicine through qualified faculty members.
- During 6 years the students will get in-depth knowledge of basic medicine that will develop clinical thinking and individual approach skills.
- At the end of the 6th year, the students must undergo 1 year of Internship to get hands-on experience on patients under the guidance of professional doctors.
Medical University of Lodz – MBBS Syllabus
The students must check out the detailed MBBS syllabus mentioned below in the table:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Human Anatomy||Clinical Medicine|
|Health and Safety||Medical sociology|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Pediatrics||Propedeutics to Dentistry|
|Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
Medium of Teaching
The Medical University of Lodz provides English medium of Medical education to the worldwide students:
The Medical University of Lodz offers overall MBBS education in the English language, thus the students never face any language barrier during lecture and interacting with the highly qualified professors.
The students must fulfill the basic criteria to enroll in the medicine course at The Medical University of Lodz:
- Candidate should be passed higher secondary education from the recognized university.
- Candidate should have taken physics, chemistry & biology subjects during the course of study.
- Aggregate of subjects should be 50% .
- Students must clear the English proficiency test like IELTS or TOEFL conducted by the Institute with a score of 6.0 for IELTS & 75 points for TOEFL.
Admission Procedure (2021-22) – For MBBS/MD Course
Every student must follow the precise admission process to study MBBS program at The Medical University of Lodz:
Step 1: Candidate needs to register on the website https://registration.umed.lodz.pl/
Step 2: After registration, check the fields carefully and fill the required fields with valid details.
Step 3: After verification of details, click on the submit button.
Step 4: The admission committee will verify the documents and notify the candidate if he meets the eligibility criteria.
Step 5: Eligible candidate will get an email from the admission office.
Step 6: Candidate will get the notifications of the entrance exam conducted by the institute.
Step 7: Once the candidate cleared the entrance exam, he/she will receive an offer letter from the institute.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
The medical aspirants must carry all essential documents during MBBS admission time at The Medical University of Lodz:
- High school certificate
- Application form
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of original passport
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Invitation letter
Medical University of Lodz : Ranking 2021
The students must refer Unirank to country and world rankings of the Medical University of Lodz:
Hostel & Accommodation Facility
The Medical University of Lodz provides well-furnished hostel facility and fulfilling all basic needs of the student:
1 st Dormitory “MEDYK”
- The 4-story building has 170 well-equipped rooms.
- The dormitory building has renovated rooms.
- A cinema room is used for other entertainment purposes.
- It has a spacious hall equipped with comfortable sofas and Television.
- Due to the location of the hostel, the students quickly reach the university to attend classes and to the city centre.
- Availability of clinic, canteen, shopping centre, bicycle station and the AZS sports complex.
II Dormitory “SYNAPSA”
- II Dormitory “SYNAPSA” fulfils the requirements of a 3-star hotel.
- The dormitory offers single or double rooms with attached bathrooms/toilets.
- The dormitory has refrigerators in the kitchen.
- The dormitory provides unlimited internet access to the student.
- The accommodation base consists of modern and comfortably furnished 194 student rooms
- The dormitory also accommodates people with physical disabilities.
- Due to the location of the hostel, the students quickly reach the university to attend classes and to the city centre.
- The students can access the nearby clinic, canteen, shopping centre, bicycle station and the AZS sports complex.
IV Student’s House
- The renovation of IV Student’s House building was done in 2014.
- IV Student’s House has modern electronic systems, a conference room and a club room where students can organize social meetings.
- The students can study in 3 quiet study rooms with 24 stations.
- Wi-Fi is available round the clock.
- It has 2 rooms with reduced mobility people where standard equipment, a bathroom and a kitchen is provided.
- An external ramp is provided for disabled students, as well as a lift and elevator.
- Convenient access by trams no. 9 and 13 and buses no. 74 and 83, direct tram connection to the Łódź Fabryczna station (lines no. 9 and 13) and bus connections to the Łódź Kaliska railway station (line no. 99), a canteen nearby (100 m) the area is known to generations, the Green Market, shops and supermarkets.
Accommodation price for students to stay in dormitories of the Medical University of Lodz:
Facilities Provided at Medical University of Lodz
Here are some facilities furnished by The Medical University of Lodz at the convenience zone of the worldwide medical aspirants:
The Medical University of Lodz has a well- equipped and spacious library including:
- National Journals
- International journals
- Online learning resources
The students can also participate in sports activities during MBBS education at The Medical University of Lodz.
The Medical University of Lodz has over 1600 hospital beds in teaching hospitals to serve society.
- – University Clinical Hospital Military Medical Academy
- – Central Veterans Hospital
- – University Clinical Hospital No. 1 N. Barlicki
- – Central Clinical Hospital
Living Cost of Lodz
Lodz city is situated in Poland and it provides affordable living costs to the students while doing MBBS course:
|Particulars||Cost in INR||Cost in USD|
|Food||11,109 RS||158 USD|
|Transport||1659 RS||23 USD|
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Courses offered at Medical University of Lodz
The Medical University of Lodz offers varieties of MBBS faculties for the students coming to study medicine program from different parts of the world:
Why Study MBBS at Medical University of Lodz?
Go through some favourable reasons for doing MBBS education at The Medical University of Lodz:
- The University offers the top quality of the education system for the overall development of students.
- The Medical University of Lodz has collaboration with 22 international universities.
- The Medical University of Lodz has physicians, teachers and researchers and faculty members holding a dual MD/PhD. Degree.
- The students of the Medical University also participate in ERASMUS – European international academic Exchange program.
- The institute offers a multicultural environment due to the student’s coming from 66 different countries to pursue a medical career.
- The Medical University of Lodz has international recognition, the students can practice any country of their choice.
- The Medical University of Lodz provides affordable tuition fees worldwide for students doing medicine programs.
- The university has an ultra-modern teaching centre (phantom rooms, simulators).
- The Medical University of Lodz conducts lectures by using modern methodologies with an organised curriculum.
- The students also participate in extracurricular activities like conferences, seminars, presentations, sports activity and guest lectures.
- Top-class infrastructure is available at the Medical University of Lodz with all modern amenities.
- Excellent hostel facilities are provided at reasonable rates.
Medical University of Lodz – Intake 2021
Consider the main dates mentioned below in th table if you are willing to pursue MBBS program at the Medical University of Lodz:
|Application Start Date||January|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start date||March|
Medical University of Lodz – Important FAQs
Is there any entrance exam required for MBBS admissions at The Medical University of Lodz?
The students don’t need to appear for the entrance exam to take admission in MBBS course.
What is the tuition fee for MBBS admission from 2nd to 6th year at The Medical University of Lodz?
The students need to pay 11.200 Euro to get admission in MBBS course at The Medical University of Lodz.
What is the transportation cost while doing MBBS at the Medical University of Lodz?
The transportation cost while doing a medicine course at the Medical University of Lodz is 1659 Rs monthly.
Are there any hostel facilities provided at the Medical University of Lodz?
The Medical University of Lodz provides comfortable, furnished and well developed 4 dorms named as 1 st Dormitory “MEDYK”, II Dormitory “SYNAPSA”, IV Student’s House and UMED Hostel.
Is it safe for girls to stay in the hostel during MBBS education at the Medical University of Lodz?
Yes, the hostel premises are under CCTV camera surveillance, and the girls are safe here at the Medical University of Lodz.
Is the Medical University of Lodz officially recognised?
The Medical University of Lodz is affiliated with European University Foundation and approved by medical organisations like The Medical University of Lodz is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), National Medical Commission (NMC) and World Health Organisation (WHO).
How many medical faculties are offered at the Medical University of Lodz?
The Medical University of Lodz has 3 MBBS faculties including Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Pharmaceutical.